Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7451 7452 [7453] 7454 7455 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510533 times)

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111780 on: October 05, 2017, 06:36:48 pm »

Broke up with my girlfriend today. It was a 3 year, 4 months relationship.
Pretty fucking sad right now. I dont even know really why, she started behaving strangely some weeks ago when she lost all tolerance and asked for a break. It's been all downhill from there.
Also no alcohol in sight, seems like I will keep being sad for a while.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #111781 on: October 06, 2017, 09:25:30 pm »

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:22:39 am by penguinofhonor »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111782 on: October 07, 2017, 02:00:44 am »

TBH I would flee in shock too if a cyborg penguin appeared on the workfloor.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111783 on: October 07, 2017, 03:16:12 pm »

Our soon to be installed new government wants to raise VAT (low) from 6 to 9 percent. Do you think social minima like me get any compensation? Nope.

Soon, I'll go from being 5 euros short per week to being 10 euros short per week because of that. I might need to turn to crime to be able to feed myself.

Fuck 35 years of neo-con government. I hope they die.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:17:51 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111784 on: October 07, 2017, 07:14:43 pm »

Broke up with my girlfriend today. It was a 3 year, 4 months relationship.
Pretty fucking sad right now. I dont even know really why, she started behaving strangely some weeks ago when she lost all tolerance and asked for a break. It's been all downhill from there.
Also no alcohol in sight, seems like I will keep being sad for a while.
Ah, don't go down that road. Alcohol just amplifies emotions, it doesn't necessarily lift your spirits. (Pun not intended.)

PM box's open and all that. Keep your chin up as best as you can - IME that's pretty much all one can do.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111785 on: October 07, 2017, 10:37:00 pm »

Having doubts about my choice of college major. Again.

I really just don't know what to do with my life. I'm getting tired of schooling and want to just get out and actually do something useful. But I don't know what.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111786 on: October 09, 2017, 11:37:57 am »

Ex sent me a comic over facebook last night. Left me stunned for a minute from fear and the flush of emotions.

The opportunity arose, so I apologized for not being the best when we were together. And I told her to leave me alone until I'm over her if she wants to be my friend still. Not a word since.

Mostly shaken up over her still trying to talk to me. Its stupid, I know. I'm trying my damndest to get past her. The emotions are unbearable, and I hope finally apologizing drew the line in the sand and I can finally get through this...

If not, pray for my sanity
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111787 on: October 09, 2017, 10:13:14 pm »

@highmax28, It sounds like she was expecting to maintain a friendship with you, and that that's hard for you right now? And that you set a boundary with her asking her to not talk to you, and that she's currently respecting your wishes? That in itself sounds like a good thing, though that good thing probably doesn't do much for whatever hurt you're feeling. The time apart, though, can be a good thing; if you've got regrets or remorse, it can help you come to terms with what you did that you wish you hadn't. If something she did hurt you, it gives you time to think about why it hurt, and consider if there's stuff you'd benefit from talking about frankly with her, if you both want to stay friends.

This isn't always the easiest solution, but one of the most effective things in my life has just been to take time to comb through your feelings towards an interpersonal situation, and look for hints on what to talk with them about. Then, when you know yourself better and are less of a mess of complex emotions you don't fully understand, try to reach out and talk frankly about it... in hopes that you can come to an understanding of what each of you want, and how to move forward in your lives.

Sadness is feeling we get when we wan't something we don't have. It's cousin, regret, is one we feel when we know we should have done something, but didn't. The sadness you feel lets you know what was (and is) important to you in a situation, and your regret lets you know what your ideal self would like to have done at that moment, if you had been able to. It's important to take some time to consider your sadness and regret frankly. Sometimes, that means you need to take time to grieve too, or look at ugly parts of yourself or past frankly... but if you do that, do it with compassion. Treat yourself, in that moment, like a friend you want to help... not someone who did something wrong and should be punished. And try to learn what you want, and what you don't want, from that act of observation. Those are things you can then make a plan to talk about, with the person or people involved.

Anger is the emotion we feel when we have something in our lives that we don't want, often something we need to change or put it behind us for our own welfare. Anger also tends to blind your empathy toward the person or people you're angry toward. If you care about someone who may be harming you emotionally or physically, sometimes it's necessary to quiet your own empathy. In cases like that, we can use that anger to be constructive; it's a way of overcoming our own compassion, when our backs are against the wall, so we can change the situation for the better. One relevant example might be that anger lets people who care about each other, but who are in a bad relationship dynamic, overcome that compassion and sensitivity for how the other person might feel over it, and find the will to separate for their well-being. It's a healthy emotion, when it's being used to better our lives. But it can also lead us to behave cruelly, because our empathy toward that person is muted... and we need to be vigilant about that too. Cruelty is never necessary. Sometimes, when you're still angry with someone who you need to understand or sympathize with, the best thing to do is let your feelings cool, so you can come back to the situation with your full empathy and sensitivity.

Once you've got a sense for all that, I hope you two can have a frank conversation about whatever happened between you, and figure out what you both want going forward. That might be a friendship. And it might be that one or both would be better off not talking anymore. In any case, even if you broke (or expect to break) on bad terms; I find that that kind of genuine conversation with each other, about your respective wants and needs, and the terms you individually want to move forward on, and where those overlap or diverge, is important. That kind of plain and honest communication, without relying on reading into things or implications, is a respectful thing to do when possible, can help with your emotional recoveries, and lends a sense of closure and better ability to move on.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111788 on: October 10, 2017, 02:07:01 pm »

I've fixed so much about my life and my health lately, it feels like I'm waking up to what's going on around me.

The friend that I have as a roommate has failed to pay rent on time, yet again.  I've already lent them a solid amount of money because they couldn't pay rent and they have nowhere to go besides here.  This after agreeing to pay slightly more rent than them in exchange for the better room and then still doing that when we ended up getting an apartment with identical rooms.  I was OK putting some money forward before (not to the degree I ended up doing it, but just in general) because we had an "always got your back" kind of situation going.  But they don't have my back anymore, and they've been lax to the point of disrespectful when it comes to paying rent and acknowledging the financial burden I'm under.

I just... why did I put up with this?  What was I smoking for the past year?  I can handle this pretty easily, its just embarrassing things got this far.  This week our lease renews for another year.  Too late to cancel and I don't actually want to, but its an appropriate time to bring this up.  Going to ask them to pay equal rent as me and for a change of tone when it comes to repayment.  "Ask" as in, I'm getting this or I'm getting a new roommate.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111789 on: October 10, 2017, 02:11:04 pm »

What made me sad today was the realization that people keep talking/making empty promises of a better tomorrow when the reality is the exact opposite.

That, and the ending of Akame ga Kill. Not so much unexpected as just... sad I guess.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111790 on: October 10, 2017, 02:23:29 pm »

@highmax28, It sounds like she was expecting to maintain a friendship with you, and that that's hard for you right now? And that you set a boundary with her asking her to not talk to you, and that she's currently respecting your wishes? That in itself sounds like a good thing, though that good thing probably doesn't do much for whatever hurt you're feeling. The time apart, though, can be a good thing; if you've got regrets or remorse, it can help you come to terms with what you did that you wish you hadn't. If something she did hurt you, it gives you time to think about why it hurt, and consider if there's stuff you'd benefit from talking about frankly with her, if you both want to stay friends.

This isn't always the easiest solution, but one of the most effective things in my life has just been to take time to comb through your feelings towards an interpersonal situation, and look for hints on what to talk with them about. Then, when you know yourself better and are less of a mess of complex emotions you don't fully understand, try to reach out and talk frankly about it... in hopes that you can come to an understanding of what each of you want, and how to move forward in your lives.

Sadness is feeling we get when we wan't something we don't have. It's cousin, regret, is one we feel when we know we should have done something, but didn't. The sadness you feel lets you know what was (and is) important to you in a situation, and your regret lets you know what your ideal self would like to have done at that moment, if you had been able to. It's important to take some time to consider your sadness and regret frankly. Sometimes, that means you need to take time to grieve too, or look at ugly parts of yourself or past frankly... but if you do that, do it with compassion. Treat yourself, in that moment, like a friend you want to help... not someone who did something wrong and should be punished. And try to learn what you want, and what you don't want, from that act of observation. Those are things you can then make a plan to talk about, with the person or people involved.

Anger is the emotion we feel when we have something in our lives that we don't want, often something we need to change or put it behind us for our own welfare. Anger also tends to blind your empathy toward the person or people you're angry toward. If you care about someone who may be harming you emotionally or physically, sometimes it's necessary to quiet your own empathy. In cases like that, we can use that anger to be constructive; it's a way of overcoming our own compassion, when our backs are against the wall, so we can change the situation for the better. One relevant example might be that anger lets people who care about each other, but who are in a bad relationship dynamic, overcome that compassion and sensitivity for how the other person might feel over it, and find the will to separate for their well-being. It's a healthy emotion, when it's being used to better our lives. But it can also lead us to behave cruelly, because our empathy toward that person is muted... and we need to be vigilant about that too. Cruelty is never necessary. Sometimes, when you're still angry with someone who you need to understand or sympathize with, the best thing to do is let your feelings cool, so you can come back to the situation with your full empathy and sensitivity.

Once you've got a sense for all that, I hope you two can have a frank conversation about whatever happened between you, and figure out what you both want going forward. That might be a friendship. And it might be that one or both would be better off not talking anymore. In any case, even if you broke (or expect to break) on bad terms; I find that that kind of genuine conversation with each other, about your respective wants and needs, and the terms you individually want to move forward on, and where those overlap or diverge, is important. That kind of plain and honest communication, without relying on reading into things or implications, is a respectful thing to do when possible, can help with your emotional recoveries, and lends a sense of closure and better ability to move on.
Being a recovering alcoholic, its hard to deal with emotions once you're out of the recovery home. You look at emotions you blotted out before and finally feel them in full.

The main reason why my emotions are overwhelming is because my mind subconsciously goes to the same place where I was before rehab. That's why its hard to talk to her right now. My desire to have her back but knowing that it would only hurt her more if we did get back together (because change is slow, and without both of us changing, it would wind up back as it was before).

I'm learning from this experience for sure. Unfortunately, situational problems came in making this a lot more complicated than it should have been. I've been talking about it when she comes up in my head to help me get past it (as seen on here a few times). Its a slow process. Especially dating someone I fell unimaginably hard for for almost a whole year (previous relationships hardly lasted four months before rehab). Also, I keep talking about rehab, and I should mention, my only real experience of a relationship with me being out of rehab was her. So to me, this was, pretty much, my first serious girlfriend. And I think that's why it still hurts, on top of having so much feelings for her while we were dating.

I know we're more than likely going to be friends after this. Maybe not as close of friends as we were before we were dating, but its something. She's part of my group of friends, and she doesn't have much outside of us. As much as I wanted to leave the group so she can still be friends with them and I can get away without the stigma of seeing her (which still hurts somewhat, as seen today when for the first time all semester, I walked by her and my body instinctively tried to hide by gluing my eyes to my phone).

But I do admit. Finally pushing through the fear to tell her to just give me time and to apologize has eased the burden on me a lot. The message I got from her was more painful than seeing her, which you would think it would be the opposite given it was a silly D&D comic.

I've rambled on enough. I appreciate the note back. After hearing my friends saying "I don't know what to say" or merely just silence because of not knowing what to say, its good to hear something reassuring.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111791 on: October 11, 2017, 07:49:40 am »

-redacted-

* Yoink forgoes any kind of self-improvement and instead stuffs his sad, sorry face with fucking oreos.

EDIT: WTF SELF, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO GO FROM SO GLAD TO SO SAD IN SO SHORT A TIME FOR SO LITTLE REASON. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER FFS.
THE OREO PART CANNOT BE UNDONE, BUT THAT'S OKAY. EAT THE GODDAMN OREOS. YOU DON'T DESERVE THEM, BUT YOU DO NEED TO GAIN WEIGHT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:53:16 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111792 on: October 11, 2017, 11:26:49 am »

Wow, I got...  Super drunk, apparently, and messaged almost everyone I know in various ways.
Not obviously drunk for most of it, though I was past blackout point.

Really went to town on the family member who assaulted me.  I don't regret that.
...I don't regret most of this, actually, I'm pretty clever even at that point.  When I'm not being inscrutably "poetic", pff.
Honestly bonded with my dad, too, which is... emotions, but mostly positive.

Jeez, I'm not exactly sure why this is sad.  It was very cathartic, especially since I read it all.  Wish I didn't have to get so drunk for it, I guess.

Also I regret posting in the political thread, I have no idea what I was trying to say there.  I usually know better than to do that under the influence.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #111793 on: October 11, 2017, 11:37:04 am »

-redacted-

* Yoink forgoes any kind of self-improvement and instead stuffs his sad, sorry face with fucking oreos.

EDIT: WTF SELF, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO GO FROM SO GLAD TO SO SAD IN SO SHORT A TIME FOR SO LITTLE REASON. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER FFS.
THE OREO PART CANNOT BE UNDONE, BUT THAT'S OKAY. EAT THE GODDAMN OREOS. YOU DON'T DESERVE THEM, BUT YOU DO NEED TO GAIN WEIGHT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.
Yoink deserves more biomass

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111794 on: October 11, 2017, 12:22:24 pm »

I realized I haven't been here for like, a month.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7451 7452 [7453] 7454 7455 ... 8168