Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7435 7436 [7437] 7438 7439 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9507874 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111540 on: September 06, 2017, 07:02:52 pm »

Why I was (figuratively) beating my head against my drawing distaster, a pot of milk on the stove was slowly becoming charcoal.

This should be in the fear thread. There's no cookimg task I am as hesitant to do as boiling milk. Fucking always screws up.
Leviticus 6:8-13
You shall present a burnt offering, an offering by fire as a soothing aroma to the LORD. 'This is the law for the burnt offering: the burnt offering itself shall remain on the hearth on the altar all night until the morning, and the fire on the altar is to be kept burning on it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111541 on: September 06, 2017, 08:49:39 pm »

Again, in "Reasons why I hate Sabaton on Youtube", come across someone calling people that are saying that Sweden is practically a caliphate out. In the comments, people saying that they're from Sweden and hate all dem Muslim rapists and that the guy has no leg to stand on, all the while having videos on their channels with a distinct lack of Swedish... anything in them. Game localisations, language...

Also, the words "cuck", "libtard", "fag" and so on are being thrown around like they lend credibility to their bullshit.

Who the fuck in America came up with the brain-shittingly retarded idea that Europe is a hellhole where you can't move around for fear of being blown up, raped, stabbed, or have a mandatory sharia inspection forced upon you? Because I want to find and strangle the fuck for feeding the alt-right's retarded perception of Europe being "Europistan" that they're too stupid to actually look at and go "wait, that's not right!"

I feel a lot better now that's off my chest.
Probably some shitty news channel or something, sounds like normal comment cancer. Just remember these people probably couldn't even locate Sweden on a map or tell you a single thing about it and revel in your superiority.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111542 on: September 06, 2017, 09:01:47 pm »

Actually, the Swedish Cuck Dominion (SCD) is a real and very dangerous thing - they recently destroyed a huge cache of the country's historical artefacts, because such things are considered too "offensive" to be worth the financial investment it would take to store them in a museum or whatever.

I will admit, though, that I didn't research that piece of news too deeply, so it could be merely some untrue, anti-SCD propaganda - let us hope! - but the very thought of such colossal stupidity in the world caused me such helpless anger that I couldn't bear to read any more on the topic.
I don't even have any Swedish (or Norse in general for that matter) heritage that I'm aware of, but such history needs to be preserved at any cost.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111543 on: September 06, 2017, 09:20:29 pm »

Doing some research into that, it is apparently one museum scrapping excess iron artifacts due to lack of resources to process them for preservation. If, that is, it is happening at all. Most of the sources seem to be borderline-Nazi tabloids pushing the "White Genocide" nonsense that is so popular in Europe lately.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111544 on: September 06, 2017, 09:32:01 pm »

Doing some research into that, it is apparently one museum scrapping excess iron artifacts due to lack of resources to process them for preservation. If, that is, it is happening at all. Most of the sources seem to be borderline-Nazi tabloids pushing the "White Genocide" nonsense that is so popular in Europe lately.
Preservation can be cripplingly expensive. also the amount of stuff that is retrieved on some sites makes it basically valueless. I have personally sorted bags of thousands of potsherds, rusty nails and glass. seriously sometimes archeologists just let context less artifacts rust or through them away because they are completely valueless data wise and no one wants them.

*edited for length and less ramble
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:15:02 pm by redwallzyl »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111545 on: September 07, 2017, 12:40:58 am »

Well, all that means is that it's just one museum that is terrible rather than whatever branch of Sweden's government oversees its museums.
The artefacts should have been left where they were or sold/given away, not fucking destroyed - no matter how small their significance.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111546 on: September 07, 2017, 12:46:30 am »

The artifacts in question are being dug up by construction sites. They're not going out and looking for the things just so they can scrap them.

Besides which, most of the stuff is incredibly common items that we have plenty of examples of, and are of absolutely no academic interest whatsoever. Either they get sent out for scrap, or they sit in a box until they rust away into powder. The museum could auction them off, but feared that would encourage the black market artifact trade Europe's been trying to shut down for decades.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111547 on: September 07, 2017, 01:10:51 am »

Well, all that means is that it's just one museum that is terrible rather than whatever branch of Sweden's government oversees its museums.
The artefacts should have been left where they were or sold/given away, not fucking destroyed - no matter how small their significance.
I think you might have Diogenes syndrome
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #111548 on: September 07, 2017, 01:23:05 am »

Why is this and the "things that make you mildly said today "thread two different threads? Should I be posting more serious stuff over here or something?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111549 on: September 07, 2017, 01:26:30 am »

It's up to you really. Mildly sad thread is for the day-to-day sads for me. This is for the less-often sads.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111550 on: September 07, 2017, 01:28:04 am »

After a quick google on the subject... I would say the "lack of shame" factor alone would definitely rule out that possibility. As would the extreme self-neglect.
I also find it somewhat unpleasant that you would equate my concern for the preservation of human history on a worldwide scale to a mental disorder, and one which apparently focuses on one's immediate surroundings anyway at that. ???

@Lord Shonus: I had planned on replying to you here, but my internet is being exceedingly unhelpful and not allowing me to insert a quote.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111551 on: September 07, 2017, 01:30:45 am »

The mild sad thread exists mostly because sometimes this thread gets really heavy. When somebody's in hospital recovering from an attempted suicide or something like that, you just kinda feel bad posting about how your dropped your ice cream, even if it did ruin your day, you know?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #111552 on: September 07, 2017, 01:34:18 am »

Ah okay, then I should have moved my haiati comment here. :( I shall be more careful in the future!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111553 on: September 07, 2017, 01:35:47 am »

Ah okay, then I should have moved my haiati comment here. :( I shall be more careful in the future!

Nah that's cool! Use 'em as you see fit. We're no gatekeepers of sadness here.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111554 on: September 07, 2017, 02:11:48 am »

I feel like shoving them into a gift shop would be a better use of resources, but otherwise I can understand that.

Wrap em in a necklace, put em on a bracelet, sell 'em as slightly tacky jewelry. Or put them in a cheap frame.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 7435 7436 [7437] 7438 7439 ... 8168