Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7434 7435 [7436] 7437 7438 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9507932 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111525 on: September 02, 2017, 12:47:15 pm »

Wow. I think that was the first non-ironic post I've seen LW make in a while, and it's a genuinely touching one as well.
Sorry for your loss, man.
Haha thanks Helgo, that cheered me up quite a bit

As someone who deals with rotten potatoes daily, I feel confident stating that this is both an epic method of vengeance and a horribly evil thing to do.
Seems like a waste of miracle potato though

Please make sure that surprise potato is an actual potato and not an elaborate attempt to murder you by way of Deadly Nightshade if you plan on eating it, though.
I hope I don't get macbethed

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111526 on: September 02, 2017, 08:03:29 pm »

Then they start having issues. They become set in their ways, and start finding ways to "cut corners", which results in the quality of work declining. They're still better than someone without an education or that's brand new to the job, but they're not as good as someone that's in their prime.
This sounds like me, except instead of 5-10 years, it's 3-4 months, and instead of being about skilled work, it applies to everything I do.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111527 on: September 03, 2017, 11:09:08 am »

Then they start having issues. They become set in their ways, and start finding ways to "cut corners", which results in the quality of work declining. They're still better than someone without an education or that's brand new to the job, but they're not as good as someone that's in their prime.
This sounds like me, except instead of 5-10 years, it's 3-4 months, and instead of being about skilled work, it applies to everything I do.
And that's why I have two unfinished games sitting in gamemaker eternally (that, and I suck at shading and perspective (which is important for sprite making))

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #111528 on: September 03, 2017, 11:32:46 pm »

I don't know why a potato is making you are so sad, I've been taking care of a potato plant for a while now that otherwise might've been consumed, I don't see what the big deal about potatoes is.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111529 on: September 03, 2017, 11:46:08 pm »

It's not the potato, it's the pitcher plant someone killed that the surprise potato was barely salvaged from.

*hugs LW*

That's the first serious post I've seen you make.  I'm incredibly sorry for your loss.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111530 on: September 04, 2017, 12:21:58 am »

Why would someone kill a pitcher plant? They aren't a threat to anything larger than a mouse!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111531 on: September 04, 2017, 12:23:20 am »

Because they're an asshat?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111532 on: September 04, 2017, 01:35:07 am »

LW, I'd have mistrusted from the argument onwards. You might have better luck with a non gardener...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111533 on: September 04, 2017, 10:55:29 am »

You would probably have better luck with a mouse, at least it would have given it food and not moved it

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111534 on: September 04, 2017, 11:34:38 pm »

I've quit my part time job to focus more on school and developing programming skills for my supposedly eventual career of...some kind of programming thing.

I spent most of my first day of being unemployed (again) by reading books, playing games, and browsing the internet. Complete waste of time.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111535 on: September 05, 2017, 01:06:43 am »

I've quit my part time job to focus more on school and developing programming skills for my supposedly eventual career of...some kind of programming thing.

I spent most of my first day of being unemployed (again) by reading books, playing games, and browsing the internet. Complete waste of time.

Some of the information you pick up in those books and on the Internet might occasionally be helpful! It's not a complete waste!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111536 on: September 05, 2017, 03:32:04 am »

Quote from: Noam Chomsky
It is quite possible--overwhelmingly probable, one might guess--that we will always learn more about human life and personality from novels than from scientific psychology
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #111537 on: September 05, 2017, 12:06:01 pm »

I had a very strong crying spell this morning. I was looking at RWBY content on Tumblr and I had a very sudden wave of overwhelming longing to go back in time 3 years. I wanted to see Monty Oum alive and well again. I wanted to see his version of RWBY so badly. I started crying for him. Crying for the man who has occupied my every thought since he died.

I still need closure, but I don't think I will ever find it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111538 on: September 06, 2017, 11:40:31 am »

Why I was (figuratively) beating my head against my drawing distaster, a pot of milk on the stove was slowly becoming charcoal.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111539 on: September 06, 2017, 03:46:36 pm »

Why I was (figuratively) beating my head against my drawing distaster, a pot of milk on the stove was slowly becoming charcoal.

This should be in the fear thread. There's no cookimg task I am as hesitant to do as boiling milk. Fucking always screws up.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7434 7435 [7436] 7437 7438 ... 8168