Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7401 7402 [7403] 7404 7405 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495206 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111030 on: June 13, 2017, 12:01:32 am »

I miss being part of this community. I still post. I still do things. I post on a daily basis on my art thread.

But I feel like I don't actually talk to anyone here anymore.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111031 on: June 13, 2017, 12:12:07 am »

I miss being part of this community. I still post. I still do things. I post on a daily basis on my art thread.

...You and me both, now that I think of it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #111032 on: June 13, 2017, 12:38:11 am »

...You and me both, now that I think of it.
Oh, good, I'm not alone. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111033 on: June 13, 2017, 06:55:30 am »

I am there too. I used to talk to a few people constantly. Kaijyuu, Maximum Zero, Reudh, Wrex, amongst others. I gotta get on bay12lb irc more
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111034 on: June 13, 2017, 08:50:38 am »

If anything I feel like you old guards are getting more involved in the community while more recent members (well, "recent") are going through the same phase you guys went through.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111035 on: June 13, 2017, 08:59:04 am »

Ah, how I miss the random arguments I would get in.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111036 on: June 13, 2017, 09:09:56 am »

Ah, how I miss the random arguments I would get in.
No, you don't. Fight me.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111037 on: June 13, 2017, 09:11:34 am »

Your father smelled of elderberries!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111038 on: June 13, 2017, 12:14:48 pm »

Why would he do that? I guess he must have browsed the lower boards :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111039 on: June 13, 2017, 12:30:37 pm »

All of my friends are dying due to normal workplace stress.  In particular my best friend is unemployed with no support network, and a close friend is extremely dissatisfied that his life hasn't gone anywhere and is becoming a teacher.  But not only is he very unhappy with how many hours a week grad school + work is taking (unfortunately probably pretty close to how long teaching will take), but due to both federal and city level politics local schools might not be hiring much this coming year...

Edit: Also what he's telling me about the common core stuff that happened since I left public school makes it sound like a really bad time for teachers, although probably still better than NCLB.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111040 on: June 13, 2017, 12:32:59 pm »

let him learn Dutch and move to the Netherlands. A huge shortage of primary and highschool teachers is expected here within a few years.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

JBramhall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111041 on: June 13, 2017, 01:07:47 pm »

Well I guess what's making me sad can be traced back to me failing to take my meds. I haven't taken them in a month and a half, I guess I got lucky in avoiding any symptoms of my condition till now. Even knowing it's my own fault, its hard to know the rest of my life will be like this without meds. Add into that a shrink I recently got (from the regions mental health service) doesn't believe in bipolar and thinks I should just pull myself together. One of my very close friends was going to be a father now isn't so he wants me to get him weed to 'make him feel better'. I think i have just lost most of my friends yet again. And now my work is constantly ringing me for computer problems on my time off, never mind I'm not an actual it guy, just a standard nerd...

Life is shit...

P.s. sorry for the terrible formatting, mobile browsing sucks...
It's said that love is a battlefield. And knowing is half the battle. And forewarned is forearmed. And fourarmed is half an octopus. Therefore, knowing about future love is a skirmish between two half-octopus Battle Chimeras. And that's alright.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111042 on: June 13, 2017, 09:32:12 pm »

I wonder if my problem is simply that I don't have what it takes to be happy. I just feel that there's something that is missing from inside me, like a fundamental core, a spiritual foundation, or a primordial spirit. Just... Something that I need, and without life just feels like a hollow sham and even the smallest disappointment or discouragement knocks me flat on my ass. Perhaps it was intended that way, maybe I was just born to be miserable, that's what life or fate or whatever wants.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111043 on: June 14, 2017, 01:07:04 am »

In London, a towering inferno has completely burned out a residential tower, Grenfell Tower. The fire started at 00:54h last night. Firefighters are still busy trying to control the inferno. It is feared the building will collapse. At least 30 people have been hospitalized. It is feared that deadly casualties are going to be found. People from inside reported they were trapped in their home, because the smoke on the ahllways was too thick to flee through. Eyewitnesses saw someone jumping from the window, another eye-witness saw a mother hold her baby out the window.
Firefighers have been trying to get to people, wearing oxygen masks. Over 200 firefighters have been deployed. According to the BBC, a significant number of residents is still missing. The cause of the fire is unknown.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40269625
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/enorme-brand-in-woontoren-londen-zeker-dertig-mensen-in-het-ziekenhuis~a4500702/

Damn, looking at the BBC photo, and then the later photo in the Volkskrant. I don't think they are going to find anyone left alive in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMhJ5XIcFdw
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:28:00 am by martinuzz »

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111044 on: June 14, 2017, 01:31:17 am »

Jesus Christ, that looks bad.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 7401 7402 [7403] 7404 7405 ... 8168