Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7399 7400 [7401] 7402 7403 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495390 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111000 on: June 06, 2017, 03:47:19 am »

*hug*
You're not isolated, or alone.  Stay strong.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111001 on: June 06, 2017, 08:42:36 am »

...despite the fact that I have actually been spending time with people I feel incredibly isolated.
I know that feeling. When you interact with people you have little in common with and feel like you can't relate to them at all or vice versa, in can have the opposite effect to healthier social interaction. Not sure if that sentence actually made sense, but the thing I was thinking/feeling and attempted to put into text will hopefully be clear enough. I'm tired.

Speaking of, shit, I am suddenly feeling kind of like garbage, or like a whole multi-storey parking garage filled wall-to-wall with a different kind of garbage on each level apart from perhaps the stomach for a change; I reckon this is simply due to flouting my self-imposed bedtime the past couple of nights for different reasons (that varied wildly in quality). 20 minutes to bedtime, I shall brush my teeth and do my best to regain lost ground.

Also that fucking song is still stuck in my head and it's beginning to drive me crazy. Guess I'll give it another listen before bed to keep the demons happy.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111002 on: June 07, 2017, 12:28:20 am »

Best friend's mom died.  It was a day after she was admitted to the hospice I posted about before.  There was a service held today that I couldn't attend because I had work.  Happy to not have to rent a suit, but still sad that I couldn't attend.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #111003 on: June 10, 2017, 02:01:02 pm »

Adam West died.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111004 on: June 10, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »

Noooo! Who will stop the Joker  Trump now?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111005 on: June 10, 2017, 09:41:44 pm »

I like to punch people and things pretending to be people.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111006 on: June 10, 2017, 10:19:08 pm »

*slowly backs away from MZ*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111007 on: June 10, 2017, 10:25:00 pm »

I punched a kid in the nose for insulting my shoes, once. He cried. And this was like, tenth grade, long past the point where crying might be considered acceptable. Definitely one of the few highlights of my high school experience. :))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111008 on: June 11, 2017, 12:46:06 am »

My sister has the best high school fight story. Preface: she was a powerlifter in high school. Why do you think I have all the martial arts experience? She was terrifying. One dude, though, wouldn't leave her alone. One day, he took it too far and put his hands on her. It wasn't even a fight, she massacred him. She broke his nose and knocked out most of his front teeth in one punch, grabbed him by his shoulders, and slammed him into the inside of an open locker door. The back of his neck hit the coat hook, and she let him hang there. Everyone was very surprised that a) he was not, in fact, dead, and b) she didn't get expelled (she was defending herself against sexual harassment/assault, after all.)

As you can imagine, no one ever fucked with her again. She doesn't like to talk about it, but I'm quite proud of my sister.

And I'm also more than a little sad for my family's proclivity toward being violent psychopaths. My siblings and I have done some really horrible things to people, as did my father and his siblings.  :-\  Looking back on it all, I would change a lot about my past. I made a lot of stupid mistakes and did a lot of terrible things.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 12:59:59 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111009 on: June 11, 2017, 03:17:40 am »

How the fuck do you hang someone by the neck from a metal coat hook and not kill them? That kid is one lucky little shit.
Black lives matter.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111010 on: June 11, 2017, 06:08:52 am »

A girl surely has a right to defend herself against harassment. But beating all the teeth from someone's mouth, breaking his nose and hanging him on a hook? Sorry, but that's nothing to be proud of. Be worried instead, sounds like your sister has some serious temper issues. Judging by the last two lines of your post, you are already aware of that though. That's good.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111011 on: June 11, 2017, 06:56:15 am »

Necessary force is however much you need to make the assailant desist their attack. That sounds fully within necessary force if he was delusional and stupid enough to press the issue that far that she felt physically threatened.

I probably would have punched him in the throat. That is often lethal. Still probably would have been legal though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111012 on: June 11, 2017, 07:51:27 am »

Slamming the back of his neck into a coat hanger seems to go pretty far past necessary force after the first punch to the face if he wasn't still fighting.

On the other hand heat of the moment and it's hard to judge these things, and the dude at least holds a pretty large amount of responsibility for creating the situation in the first place.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111013 on: June 11, 2017, 08:09:54 am »

Sorry, but that's nothing to be proud of.
Pretty much any hot-blooded harm done to someone maliciously causing you problems is something to be proud of, assuming you get away with it at least.
And I get the feeling the hook part was an accidental by-product of throwing the guy into a locker.

My Sad: the room I'm staying in is really aggravating my asthma. Jeez. :-[   
Booze is Life for Yoink

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111014 on: June 11, 2017, 10:12:39 am »

Defence is stopping it. Offence is deliberately taking the time to punish him. And to the degree she took it, I think it's safe to say that there is nothing there to be proud of.

Also, I assumed the coathanger-neck thing meant the cuff of his clothes?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7399 7400 [7401] 7402 7403 ... 8168