Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7352 7353 [7354] 7355 7356 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510392 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110295 on: March 01, 2017, 08:51:08 am »

I put off going to the dentist for two years.

When I did go, I found....that I was perfectly fine. This really didn't teach me to go to the dentist more often.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110296 on: March 01, 2017, 08:51:14 pm »

I haven't been to a dentist in over a decade.

I should probably go to a dentist.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #110297 on: March 01, 2017, 10:35:40 pm »

More of a "things that made you FUCKING ANGRY" thing but since every negative emotion seems to end up in here regardless...

For context, DiscoMelon is my girlfriend and the asshole is her (now former) roommate. This was on Saturday.

[10:00 AM] DiscoMelon: He swung at me over me getting angry because he was throwing raw food on the floor and Ive been dealing with his disgusting habits for a year now
[10:01 AM] DiscoMelon: Puched me in the face and then beamed me with an unopened can of soda
[10:01 AM] DiscoMelon: Then when I was on the ground ran up and kicked me in the back
[10:01 AM] DiscoMelon: I rushed back to my room, every time I tried to come out he came at me again so I called the cops
[10:02 AM] DiscoMelon: He left and ran to work, and they arrested him in the middle of the store
[10:04 AM] DiscoMelon: But now im kinda hopping from place to place until I can move into my new place in the middle of the week

I talked to her on the phone while she was in her room and convinced her to call the cops. She was really worried about doing so, but it's clear this asshole deserves it and she definitely did the right thing by doing so. I hope they throw the book at him because seriously. Listening to the police scanner while he was being arrested was rather satisfying though.

And today, he sent her this text: "Can you please drop the charges. My mom is freaking out and it was a stupid fight I'm sorry I'm a lazy slob piece of shit whatever. Just drop the stupid charges would you..."

Fucking hell. Just dismisses it like that.

And no, Emily can't just "drop the charges". It's a criminal case and it's Iowa v. Asshole, not Emily v. Asshole. Even if she requested for them to do so, states rarely do that for assault cases because of the possibility of the victim being threatened. Though she could absolutely sue him for personal injury in civil court if he wants to bring up that possibility.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:30:14 am by ECrownofFire »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110298 on: March 01, 2017, 10:45:29 pm »

*hugs*

Yeah.  That guy definitely deserves it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110299 on: March 01, 2017, 10:51:18 pm »

Spoiler: Rant (click to show/hide)

-snop-
Who the fuck even is this asshole? I feel like I'm missing something in this post.
Not that it's particularly relevant to how I feel about his behavior. Good on her for calling the cops.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110300 on: March 02, 2017, 06:16:17 am »

And today, he sent her this text: "Can you please drop the charges. My mom is freaking out and it was a stupid fight I'm sorry I'm a lazy slob piece of shit whatever. Just drop the stupid charges would you..."

You're not being arrested for being a slob, knobface, you're being arrested for attacking another person. What a dump.
Love, scriver~

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #110301 on: March 02, 2017, 06:29:39 am »

-snop-
Who the fuck even is this asshole? I feel like I'm missing something in this post.
Not that it's particularly relevant to how I feel about his behavior. Good on her for calling the cops.

Shit, forgot the context there, I could've sworn I had it there... It's her (now former) roommate. She just signed a new lease and moved out/in yesterday, so that should be close to the last time she has to put up with any of his shit.

You're not being arrested for being a slob, knobface, you're being arrested for attacking another person. What a dump.
Yeah exactly. He seems to still think it's about the stupid argument. No, it's about the fact that he fucking punched her in the face and kicked her while she was on the ground.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:32:30 am by ECrownofFire »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110302 on: March 02, 2017, 09:06:56 am »

Well, the guy's balls are in a vice now. With any luck the law's going to go tighten it.
thanks for reminding me to play some AC/DC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ICWCMaRypI
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110303 on: March 02, 2017, 06:34:49 pm »

Wellllllllll shit, seems like my arms are having a pretty bad relapse. While there are certainly more painful things around, it is not insignificant, and it's in BOTH ARMS.

I need hobbies that are less reliant on fine motor skill. In fact, i just need something to do that isn't computer, especially if i am to go a significant time without computer in order to GET THIS FUCKING INJURY HEALED.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110304 on: March 02, 2017, 06:40:24 pm »

If an aggressive tooth infection gets going and is left untreated, it can travel up into the brain. And that's a-no good.

Get it checked man.
Well... maybe... but I've been ignoring my various mouth-problems for so long now and it seems to have worked out so far. >.>;
Yeah, I should see a dentist.
Well first of all, if your teeth are hurting then it isn't working out so well now, is it? Second: that's because if the infection had spread to your brain, you'd be in a lot worse shape. You want to go to the dentist before that.

More of a "things that made you FUCKING ANGRY" thing but since every negative emotion seems to end up in here regardless...
There's a reason for that. Angry thread ultimately attracted too much angry, and not enough rule-following.

the rest
Well, that's an unpleasantly familiar problem. Best of luck to your friend, and do try to continue to be there for them. If this assclown tries harassing them to make them drop the charges, they'll need your support (and I think that that is, in itself, illegal, but I'm absolutely not a lawyer so).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110305 on: March 02, 2017, 06:57:17 pm »

Just came back from seeing Logan.

I can't even talk straight about it, fuck man, it's the best X-men movie, and it's a god damn gutwrencher for most of it, the most human of all the superhero movies we've had to date and I think a perfect ending, just, god damn it, go see it if you can.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110306 on: March 02, 2017, 11:49:37 pm »

Well first of all, if your teeth are hurting then it isn't working out so well now, is it? Second: that's because if the infection had spread to your brain, you'd be in a lot worse shape. You want to go to the dentist before that.
Today the pain is gone, so ha! Ignoring problems wins again! :D
...I will go to a dentist though. Soon. Someday. Eventually. I promise. Probably.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Chase

• Bay Watcher
  • I like video games
    • View Profile
« Reply #110307 on: March 02, 2017, 11:57:38 pm »

I was sad today when I came to the realization that I will never enjoy any other game as much as dwarf fortress. The combat system, the colony mode, the procedural world. Nothing really competes with it imo.
Fantasy World Simulation Enthusiast

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110308 on: March 03, 2017, 12:11:34 am »

I'm seriously considering going back to paid TV, due to a combination of choice paralysis, the incredibly poor digital TV reception in this house (the house was built with gas lighting and coal heating about 120 years ago, and a lot of crap has gotten left in the walls during upgrades - it is NOT friendly to radio signals), and the desire to just have something on when I'm lounging around.

The problem is that none of the major providers here are all that great a fit. The company that provides my landline and internet service doesn't have the greatest TV packages (and doesn't provide certain premium channels I would certainly consider as add-ons as my finances settle down), while the one company that provides a few channels I consider essential at a decent price requires a two-year commitment (I am not sure I won't get fed up with the bill six months from now).

As much as they blame cord-cutters, I'm not entirely sure that the death of the pay-TV industry isn't caused by self-inflicted wounds.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110309 on: March 03, 2017, 12:13:20 am »

Netflix???
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 7352 7353 [7354] 7355 7356 ... 8168