Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7331 7332 [7333] 7334 7335 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487480 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109980 on: January 21, 2017, 10:10:32 am »

My advise would be: let your wisdom teeth be pre-emptively removed, before they become a problem. For some people they never become a problem, but for anyone it does become a problem for, you'd have wished you had them removed pre-emptively. I lost a heatlhy molar to my wisdom tooth. It had infected the jawbone all the way down to the healthy molar's roots. I immediatly had the other three removed pre-emptively.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:12:43 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109981 on: January 21, 2017, 10:19:21 am »

Yeah, wisdom teeth are kind of a crapshoot. I mean, several of my friends have had a lot of problems with them, but I just counted my teeth once and found out that for some reason I had 30 as opposed to 28. Apparently I didn't even notice my bottom two wisdom teeth growing out.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109982 on: January 21, 2017, 10:26:44 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109983 on: January 21, 2017, 10:29:48 am »

Hmm. Interesting. Dentists over here disagree though, it's still commonly advised to remove them pre-emptively, although not with children (wait until after 18)

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109984 on: January 21, 2017, 10:36:21 am »

The transmission of my car blew to shit, leaving me vehicle-less. I kinda *Really* needed a car, so instead of simply repairing it (the thing is very old and beat up, dropping money for the expensive repair would leave me vulnerable to another expensive fix down the road) I bought a very nice used one for 2500$ from my friend Frankie. He overcharged me from what it was on blue book, so my "friend" Frankie... but I placed myself into the ideal getting conned situation, of needing a vehicle, and being on an extremely tight time limit, so paying the premium got me the nice car.

It's a nice car, I love it, it is a huge upgrade from the one I was driving. I'm extremely anxious now, cause that consumed a huge chunk of my savings, putting me down to below a grand in the bank for day or so before my next paycheck hit. That sucks, I was hoping to keep a big cushion of money to keep me safe. Well, I mean, it DID keep me safe, now it's just less able to keep me safe. I save a lot of money, I haven't turned on my furnace even once this whole winter, so my utility bill has been consistently very low. I don't have internet. I have no real vices besides spending a little on MTG every now and again. I think I have a meager and pitiful lifestyle that has being cost effective as its one real plus.

I have a feeling I'm gonna have to find a way to supplement my income, or get a new job, because just about a grand isn't a lot to have on hand if something goes wrong, because if something does go wrong, my meager lifestyle won't last long with my pittance of an income. Even with the job I have right now, I wonder if my job security is good enough, as I still wonder if my boss would just get rid of me if she could, as the department is just one person away from having a serious scheduling crisis, and even now it's kinda leery.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109985 on: January 22, 2017, 12:39:15 pm »

Doesn't really apply to what has made me sad "today", more...lately, I guess?

My dog died back in November. I even saw her when she flopped over and her legs started straightening out, and that image was all I could draw for the next few weeks. I'm doing kind of better now, but I still see her out of the corner of my eye, and I habitually check under my blankets to make sure I don't squish her despite the fact she isn't there anymore. It's really hard to let go.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109986 on: January 22, 2017, 01:23:12 pm »

*hugs technicallyAdventurer*

@JoshuaFH: Well you could ask her.  But yes, I'd do something somehow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109987 on: January 23, 2017, 01:26:40 am »

I know, I shouldn't doublepost, but it feels wrong to have half a post be comforting and the rest be...whatever I've ended up with.

Just...Relationships. 

Puffy, ephemeral things that you think you might have had, that may have never existed at all.

And seeing someone else succeed so greatly where you failed and not even truly appreciate it.

I just don't know.

I hope I feel better in the morning, but I'm not counting on it.

This semester is starting out crap.

E:I have this song stuck in my head...and I just wonder, is there anyone who even can fix me anymore?  Let alone whether I have anywhere I can really call home compared to just a place to rest my head.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:23:06 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #109988 on: January 23, 2017, 01:51:33 am »

Relationships are frikken HARD, yo. I fail to even.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109989 on: January 23, 2017, 09:39:45 am »

Apparently.. My dad broke his foot today, while doing "job related" stuff on his snow scooter.
I am not all that sad that he broke it, I mean.. He tends to do stuff that often ends in these kinds of situations..
He have crashed several snow scooters over the years that it's pretty normal for him to do so by now.

He is not used to be sitting still all day long. He is the happiest when he's out there doing stuff.
The coming weeks (or months) will be hard on him. That is what makes me sad for him.

I am living here in Sweden, while my mom and dad lives in Greenland. So I just found out about it now.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109990 on: January 23, 2017, 09:53:59 am »

Help him design a skimobile out of his temporary wheelchair (if healthcare provides one in Greenland). Don't forget a seatbelt.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109991 on: January 23, 2017, 09:58:18 am »

Help him design a skimobile out of his temporary wheelchair (if healthcare provides one in Greenland). Don't forget a seatbelt.

Ah but I do not currently have the money to travel to Greenland.
Also yes, Greenland would indeed have a decent healthcare. It would be as in Denmark.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109992 on: January 23, 2017, 10:11:38 am »

E:I have this song stuck in my head...and I just wonder, is there anyone who even can fix me anymore?  Let alone whether I have anywhere I can really call home compared to just a place to rest my head.

What makes you think you're broken, and what makes you think you can't fix yourself?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109993 on: January 23, 2017, 10:30:11 am »

BROTHER CRASHED CAR WHILE DRIVING US HOME

AGAIN

ON THE SAME CORNER

EXCEPT THIS TIME WE LITERALLY ROLLED IT OVER INTO A FUCKING DITCH

HOORAY

Quote from: Brother, before attempting to drift on an icy corner
Watch this.

Quote from: Brother's friend in back seat, during slide
What are you doing DO YOU WANNA REPEAT A FUCKIN'- *scream*

Quote from:  Me after accident
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109994 on: January 23, 2017, 10:32:47 am »

Glad your sense of humor made it out alive. And yeah, your brother sounds like a jackass.

Pages: 1 ... 7331 7332 [7333] 7334 7335 ... 8167