Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7329 7330 [7331] 7332 7333 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9485589 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109950 on: January 17, 2017, 05:11:16 pm »

Some say that little things shouldn't be worried about.

But there's a reason the word "petty" has such a negative connotation. In any case, time for another one of my own rants about the little things.

This is what video games are coming to. If you're not watching, I've made a list of things that have changed from Dead Rising 4 from the original. I posted it onto Youtube but I've copied it here now because Youtube.

If the people at the very top of the heap (people who are well off and [I'd assume] well-educated) can't even make a game that LOOKS fun to play... Is being at the bottom really so bad?

Never mind players not understanding the meaning of the word "team", this tops my cake of worry with a lovely assortment of "I'd love to replace these guys if I could but I can't because I'm apparently too young and stupid".

On the bright side, at least the ratings were good, which suggests that the video skipped over a long list of good things. I hope.

I don't understand how one game represents what "video games" (literally all of them) are coming to?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109951 on: January 17, 2017, 07:52:10 pm »

hopefully capcom realizes they fucked up :P

you do realise this is capcom you're talking about, right?

at least they're not konami lol

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109952 on: January 17, 2017, 09:12:15 pm »

Struggling to find a place to live.
Kinda need to find one before next month. I had planned on starting a sharehouse, renting one of the many reasonably-priced houses/flats around the city, but everyone I contacted about it is flakier than filo. Ugh. I don't even really want to live anywhere, and most all of the places I'm looking at are ludicrously expensive for a single room in a house you have to share with a bunch of probably-shit strangers.

I'd rather not have to give up and move back to live with family again. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109953 on: January 17, 2017, 10:11:38 pm »

What city are you in?

BTW I was reading some comment about fractional reserve banking being terrible because the bank can lend out your dollar 10 times over, and they should limit it to lending it out once to stop inflation. There's just so much wrong with that statement, but people just don't understand what fractional reserve banking is even about.

If the bank could lend out your dollar once per dollar that would be "infinity banking", because you could get a dollar, lend it out, then the lendee deposits the dollar, it gets lent out again, up to infinity. Fractional reserve banking was brought in to stop that from happening. If you e.g. only allow the bank to lend out 90% of any deposit, then that limits money expansion to another $9 per $1 deposited, if you say that the bank can only lend out 50%, then that limits money expansion to an extra $1 per dollar deposited. While that might sound like what people are saying we should do, only allowing banks to lend 50% of the money you give them would also cripple their ability to provide a return on your deposit. Imagine a stock broker who only invested 50% of your money into stocks. There's no way they could compete.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:24:14 pm by Reelya »

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109954 on: January 18, 2017, 12:05:44 am »

I'm sorry.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109955 on: January 18, 2017, 12:08:38 am »

Caroline, of all the myriad possibilities, you being banned would absolutely shock me, because it would mean something has gone horribly wrong.

I'm sorry too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:13:31 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109956 on: January 18, 2017, 12:11:36 am »

What city are you in?
Melbourne.
Got any rooms you're looking to rent? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109957 on: January 18, 2017, 12:59:27 am »

@Caroline: while I appreciate the difficulty of the situation you find yourself in, you did nothing wrong, and it is not weak to express emotions. It's quite frankly necessary, 'cause bottling it up will fuck you up after a time. I know you don't feel that way, but fuck it you're wrong :P

Anyhow, as paying for college: you are an adult, you can get student loans. You may even get a job should you so desire, presuming eligibility. Once you leave home, you are no longer beholden to your parents.

As a precaution, you may want to tell your sisters you love them no matter what, privately but often, just in case.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109958 on: January 18, 2017, 01:03:29 am »

I daresay there are multitudinous scholarships available, too.  And yes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109959 on: January 18, 2017, 10:20:34 am »

What city are you in?
Melbourne.
Got any rooms you're looking to rent? :P

you can rent the kitchen and sleep on a couch :P

But seriously, I did have a room vacant for a while but there's a girl renting it at the moment. She might move out at some point.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109960 on: January 18, 2017, 12:20:35 pm »

@Caroline

Holy shit. You need to get out of there, as soon as possible.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #109961 on: January 18, 2017, 04:33:30 pm »

Posting to say that I am here. There aren't words that I can say, no advice I can give. But I do hope you and sisters might escape that situation one day.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109962 on: January 19, 2017, 02:48:58 am »

Obama's end of term saddens me. I was rather skeptical of the man because he was falling short of his hype, but the acts of the last few months... I think he really wanted to change things but it is very hard to fight against inertia, and even to achieve what he did is very meritory.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109963 on: January 19, 2017, 04:57:06 am »

@Caroline, I might not be paying enough attention, but are you sure your mom doesn't have mental issues? That episode back there could be considered a sing of at least an anxiety disorder or even something worst.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109964 on: January 19, 2017, 05:49:04 am »

Caroline, you should consider reporting your parents to the police for child abuse. If not for yourself, do it for your sisters.

EDIT: I say this not just of what happened right now, but also after reading the previous post you linked.

He ran across the room and punched me into the ground, then grabbed me by the throat and started choking me against the floor. My mom came in next to his side, looking at me from above. He started beating my head against the ground so hard it bounced back. He did this multiple times, until my mom told him that was enough. He finished off with a punch to my lungs to blow all my air off.

What you describe there is not normal. To be more clear, it's far from normal. It is extreme child abuse. For you it might seem normal, because you grew up in that situation. It is very hard for someone growing up in  situation of domestic abuse to recognize it as such, and that's not your fault.
Does your father beat your mother too by the way? Her reaction of cowering when you charged her makes me suspect he does.

Let me re-iterate. The behaviour shown by your mom, and dad, is not normal. It is an extreme lunatic fringe case of domestic abuse. They should be reported to the police, and either go to jail, or at the very least get mandatory psychological counselling. They are hurting your development, and that of your sisters. I can understand though if you're not up for that.

But first of all, it's really up to you to recognize their behaviour as abnormal. Your posting about it probably means you're already a long way towards seeing that, but the fact that you blame yourself for your reaction (which I can only say was very natural and nescessary, lest you go insane from bottling it up) makes me think you're still, on a basic level, thinking the situation they put you in is a normal situation. IT IS NOT.

Apart from that, I can only say, get out of there. Find your own place and make your own life. But for your sisters' sake, consider taking action.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:00:17 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7329 7330 [7331] 7332 7333 ... 8167