Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7333 7334 [7335] 7336 7337 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487177 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110010 on: January 24, 2017, 03:08:28 am »

I just learned that Gabe the meme-Dog died.
May he forever bork in dog-heaven.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110011 on: January 24, 2017, 03:12:20 am »

Welp, I'm seeing a maxfac surgeon on Friday. Until then, I'm taking 4-6 pills three times a day. One of them is too big to take in one piece, so I have to halve it. Ain't life grand?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110012 on: January 24, 2017, 05:31:14 am »

I remember the pain, back when my wisdom tooth got to my jawbone. I remember smashing my fist into an iron door over and over, because the pain I got from that was of a different type, temporarily overriding the gutscreaching throbbing pain in my jaw.
Hang in there mate.
I don't quite get why they make you wait till Friday though. I got helped immediatly whena doctor saw it. But then, I went to the emergency room in hospital with it, not to the dentist.

Whether it will be a big job for the dentists though reamains a question. It depends on how it's situated. If it's obscured behid a molar, they will need to cut, and yeah, that gonna take a while. If you're 'lucky' though, like me, they can reach it with ordinary dentist pliers and pull it out. In that case it's should be a quick job. Pull, stitch, done.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:39:15 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110013 on: January 24, 2017, 10:11:44 am »

Made the mistake of looking up people I knew in high school on social media.
That never ends well in my experience.
Most of them I never liked in the first place, but they still seem to be enjoying life, whatever they're doing with it.   
I don't think it's that bad.

Last time I met with them was 10 years ago. I was in a bad personal situation back then. But then I realized that everyone was pretty much the same. I was... not relieved, exactly. Rather, a bit astonished, but instantly cured of any woes of the situation.

Nowadays I dont really look them up in fb, but I'm not worried about their happiness or not because I'm doing fairly well myself. To be honest, despite some hiccups on the way I think I'm doing far better than anyone else in my high school promotion, and better than most of my classmates at Uni. So...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #110014 on: January 25, 2017, 02:14:02 am »

A unique and famous elephant, "Sabre" of the backwards tusks, was found dead, poached for ivory in the middle of a forest that was thought to be protected.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110015 on: January 25, 2017, 03:10:52 am »

I feel I'm probably doing the worst out of all my classmates, regardless of school year. Including any ones that might've died.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110016 on: January 25, 2017, 04:53:50 am »

E:I have this song stuck in my head...and I just wonder, is there anyone who even can fix me anymore?  Let alone whether I have anywhere I can really call home compared to just a place to rest my head.

What makes you think you're broken, and what makes you think you can't fix yourself?
It's maybe not even that I'm broken now, it's that there's no-one I can really turn to if I do break.
Worse comes to worst, there's always here. Not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

Anyhow, you didn't answer the questions :p
That was my answer to the first one, really.

But the second one, I've never been able to fix myself before.

I could be quite cynical regarding that answer, but I won't 'cause that would be massively counter-intuitive. I'm also very tired which is probably colouring my mind-set at this point :))

Anyhow, you're the only one who is able to fix yourself, to be perfectly honest. It doesn't matter how much advice and time and unconditional positive regard you receive from others if you don't genuinely want to be "fixed" (I have great distaste for the manner in which (I think) you are using the terms "broken" and "fixed", but don't really want to address that because it means trying to change someone's mind over the internet, and aforementioned tiredness levels prevent me mustering up the motivation for that right now) so... I guess knowing and accepting that is the first step to being able to do it in the future, whether or not it has happened in the past.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110017 on: January 25, 2017, 05:11:33 am »

I feel I'm probably doing the worst out of all my classmates, regardless of school year. Including any ones that might've died.
eh, are you alright? You sound depressed, unusually so
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110018 on: January 25, 2017, 07:52:56 am »

Fucking poachers.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110019 on: January 25, 2017, 08:04:40 am »

I've read the last Discworld book and has a big sad now, crivens!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110020 on: January 25, 2017, 08:37:12 am »

eh, are you alright? You sound depressed, unusually so

Yeah, but just usually so though.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110021 on: January 25, 2017, 08:58:48 am »

Fucking poachers.
It's a tough dilemma. Many of the poachers hired by the large criminal organisations that trade in ivory are just local kids, with little other means of sustenance. If you want to save elephants, you will need to accept that the WWF rangers will need to shoot and kill many children.

I stopped donating to the WWF years ago, because I cannot find peace with the thought that my money is used to kill children.

Personally I'm more and more inclined to say, with current state of affairs, tough luck for the elephants, protect the children. If we really want to stop poaching, we need to create perspective for the local population. (That, and politely ask China to hurry the fuck up with creating anti-ivory trade legislation)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:08:49 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110022 on: January 25, 2017, 09:49:42 am »

Well, that's one way to look at it. And of course they are humans being and all, but they are not a threaten species and they are breaking the law, though luck on them too.

Of course the real root of all this is education. First education would teach the locals to know better and education will serve the other end of the chain (buyers) better too. However that's something of a utopic dream, and while is doable it feels like a hopeless case, in which, if something is not done right know elephants or whatever species is being hunted will disappear, and with it, eventually the "sustenance" of those people that didn't know better.

So we end up with an scenario where you have to either:
- Kill off a bunch of dicks (no matter how ignorant you are, killing a creature for it's teeth makes you a dick in my book unless it's a basilisk).
- Or let a bunck of dicks hunt species to extinction and then starve to death because there's nothing else to hunt.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110023 on: January 25, 2017, 09:55:38 am »

Is there a lower age limit for being a dick? If not, why not start trialing all children as adults for everything?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110024 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:11 am »

Is there a lower age limit for being a dick? If not, why not start trialing all children as adults for everything?
That's why the whole issue feel so hopeless, the line between an adult or a kid is blurred when dealing with this.  :'(

But if you are killing, be it humans or animals for profit, well, is most likely you are not a children anymore, not even if you are 10.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:04:16 am by LordBaal »
Pages: 1 ... 7333 7334 [7335] 7336 7337 ... 8167