Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7167 7168 [7169] 7170 7171 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472692 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107520 on: September 10, 2016, 07:56:56 pm »

I hope she's okay now! Give her hugs for us!
*adds to the hugpile*

Hope you're okay, too, Owlga.  *hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107521 on: September 11, 2016, 02:11:52 am »

Yaaaaas, completely knackered at 9pm, go to bed, wake up at 1am still tired but unable to go to sleep.

wtf body.

Guess I'll play Goldeneye then.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107522 on: September 11, 2016, 04:08:01 am »

Two German volunteer rescue workers that work on the Mediterrenean to save shipwrecked people from drowning have been intercepted by the Libyan coast guard and taken to Libya. They are being held in prison now, on charge of illegally entering Libyan waters.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107523 on: September 11, 2016, 04:18:53 am »

See, this is why you should never help anyone unless you're being paid for it. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107524 on: September 11, 2016, 04:30:17 am »

Some of you who like speedruns may remember the absolute glory and highlight of the event that was Bonesaw577's Jack and Daxter 100% at GDQ a few months ago.

Well, guess what? He's been barred.

That's it, I'm done. I gave you a chance to unfuck yourselves GDQ, and you screwed it up.

For those of you out of the loop on this one, GDQ is a major bi-annual speedrunning competition that used to be great. At the last winter event they caused a lot of discomfort and revulsion by repeatedly banning long-time attendees and enforcing an overly strict corporate-style content policy (frequently while running M rated games, but w/e apparently that doesn't matter). This, among other issues, seemed to have been resolved at the summer event, where Bonesaw pulled off probably the single greatest performance of well over a hundred runs and attracted a major crowd during the middle of the night. It was really looking up for GDQ after that disastrous winter. But, nope!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 04:33:13 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107525 on: September 11, 2016, 07:43:45 am »

Can I ask if he did anything worthy of being barred? Or was it just the PC Police cannibalizing another helpless victim?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107526 on: September 11, 2016, 10:42:04 am »

I am so sick to my stomach that the feeling is disgusting me and making me more sick.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #107527 on: September 11, 2016, 11:18:27 am »

Day that will live in infamy, etc. Sad reflection on both lives lost and the societal trends that resulted and continue. Anyways...

I am so sick to my stomach that the feeling is disgusting me and making me more sick.

Oh, that cycle :(

If it's the nauseous kind, rather than the just plain hurting kind, I'd recommend root beer, or something equally fizzy. Hope it gets better soon.

I hope she's okay now! Give her hugs for us!
Unless that would make the tension worse, anyway.
Here's wishing well for her too!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107528 on: September 11, 2016, 05:27:01 pm »

Caroline, I have no words.

*hugs*

Hope you manage to get out of there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107529 on: September 11, 2016, 05:37:12 pm »

It's relationships like that which are why marriage counselors exist... but if family have taught me anything, it's not something they'd likely even consider. Even when the evidence of that unhealthy garbage situation is staring everyone right in the face. Struggling to find the words, but hang in there. Sympathy for your mom aside, it's a problem that both your folks are allowing to exist. It's not right that you and your sister are suffering, just because they won't deal with their own shit like competent adults.

I'm so sorry, Caroline. Please be well, okay? You can survive that awful mess, and get somewhere else. Things will absolutely be better.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107530 on: September 11, 2016, 08:58:45 pm »

I do believe the Catholic Church has annulments.  Also known as 'this marriage never happened in the first place'.  (By 'believe' I mean 'know', by the way, but, well, sometimes turns of phrase just work their way in and etc..)

Just because he's gone through a lot doesn't justify abuse.

I'd actually suggest suggesting they try marriage counseling, honestly.  :v

...Stay safe, okay?
Sigtext

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107531 on: September 11, 2016, 09:07:21 pm »

I do believe the Catholic Church has annulments.  Also known as 'this marriage never happened in the first place'.  (By 'believe' I mean 'know', by the way, but, well, sometimes turns of phrase just work their way in and etc..)

Those are for marriages literally built on a false premise. Like "I thought I was marrying this kid, but got their identical twin instead, I demand a refund". Maybe not quite that extreme, but you get the gist. They're relatively rare, especially compared to actual divorces.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107532 on: September 11, 2016, 09:09:23 pm »

"I thought I was marrying someone who wouldn't be abusive, but I got an abuser, I want a refund"?

Iunno.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107533 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:34 pm »

To which the church goes "what makes this time any different?"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107534 on: September 11, 2016, 09:19:37 pm »

Typically, annulments were most often granted due to consanguinity. Not usually incest, per se, as the idea was marrying someone and then finding out through the web of noble family ties that, oh fuck, this person is the descendant of what amounts to three consecutive generations of first cousins who you yourself are also descended from.

Which can cause some problems.
"I thought I was marrying someone who wouldn't be abusive, but I got an abuser, I want a refund"?

Iunno.
"Marriage is a sacred trust before God. Are you more afraid of your husband than His wrath?"
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7167 7168 [7169] 7170 7171 ... 8167