Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7165 7166 [7167] 7168 7169 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471743 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107490 on: September 09, 2016, 03:40:36 pm »

@BHK:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm in a better mood after some talk with people, but I'm still just worried that my performance isn't enough. I'm just worried that I'm a big fish leaving a small pond, and nothing more :/

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107491 on: September 09, 2016, 03:44:19 pm »

The size of the pond has nothing to do with the quality of the fish in it.  I think you can do it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107492 on: September 09, 2016, 04:38:22 pm »

I'm still just worried that my performance isn't enough.

Isn't enough for what?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107493 on: September 09, 2016, 05:12:55 pm »

Welp, i hear vomiting noises. Sounds like someone's been drinking too much (... or is sick). I'm honestly not surprised, i went to the party house and found that some people were drunk out of their goddamn mind and others were just regular drunk. I just hope i won't have to deal with a bathroom that smells like vomit, because i am NOT cleaning up any vomit that isn't my own, especially not if it's caused by something as silly as drinking too much. On top of that, hearing/smelling vomit may trigger "sympathy nausea", and i am REALLY not up for that. >.>

All this makes me even more glad that i've gotten an offer to switch rooms with a guy who lives in the quieter building. Less noise in the evening, fewer people vomiting in the bathroom that borders directly up to my room because the bathrooms are further away.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 05:15:03 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107494 on: September 09, 2016, 05:13:43 pm »

Eep.
*pats Shook*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107495 on: September 09, 2016, 05:18:54 pm »

Isn't enough for what?
I meant, satisfactory enough.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107496 on: September 09, 2016, 05:19:28 pm »

Isn't enough for what?
I meant, satisfactory enough.
For school?  For...Who?
Sigtext

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107497 on: September 09, 2016, 05:30:57 pm »

Jeeeeeeeebus. Just saw the guy who's vomiting, thankfully in the bathroom opposite to mine. Pale as a sheet, drunk to the point of having difficulty operating a door. Definitely "just" a case of drinking too much, but goddamn i get conflicting feelings when i see people like that. I mean, on one hand, it really sucks to be that sick, and i feel bad for them. On the other, get a damn hold of your drinking. I've only puked once due to drinking, and that was over almost as quickly as it started. This... Doesn't seem to be as mild. What drives people to drink themselves so sick? I hope i won't have to call in an ambulance, but i reckon that as long as he's not passed out in a pool of his own vomit, he'll be fine in a few days. Tomorrow, though? His hangover will be BRUTAL.

>_________________________>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107498 on: September 09, 2016, 05:36:25 pm »

I wish I knew.
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107499 on: September 09, 2016, 05:58:09 pm »

Alcohol kicks in with a delayed effect, and being drunk makes drinking more and quicker much easier.

It's not that difficult, really.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107500 on: September 09, 2016, 06:07:39 pm »

Alcohol seems to kick in pretty quickly for me; I start to feel flushed usually before I finish my first drink (admittedly, I'm a slow drinker most of the time). On the other hand, I usually limit myself to a single drink on each occasion and I always make sure to have food with it.

I don't get habitual drunks either.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107501 on: September 09, 2016, 06:09:30 pm »

I'm a slow drinker most of the time
There's your problem! If you're not drinking fast enough to finish a .5 bottle before it goes stale, you're wasting beer.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107502 on: September 09, 2016, 06:11:37 pm »

@Sirus:Being a slow drinker is a good idea with that effect.  Ssh, Helgo, he's not you.

====

In other news...Somebody pushed something too far, naming no names, and while the guy's okay, I just can't keep having that happen.  *sigh*
I wish it hadn't come to that.
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107503 on: September 09, 2016, 06:23:43 pm »

I'm a slow drinker most of the time
There's your problem! If you're not drinking fast enough to finish a .5 bottle before it goes stale, you're wasting beer.
That's not a problem, I don't drink beer :P

Considered trying some a number of times, but each time it seems I'd rather have some sort of hard cider or a mixed drink. Or nothing. Especially at sporting events or concerts where the beer is stupid expensive.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107504 on: September 09, 2016, 07:10:44 pm »

Mmmmh, hard cider... And yeah, good call - the beer at those places is usually the kind of stuff you get straight from the horse. Treat yourself to some nice German imports sometime though, I promise you won't be wasting your money.
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 7165 7166 [7167] 7168 7169 ... 8167