Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7166 7167 [7168] 7169 7170 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471666 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107505 on: September 09, 2016, 07:12:24 pm »

Aaand nameless person has decided to be an asshat.  *sigh*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107506 on: September 09, 2016, 08:35:14 pm »

Is an asshat a hat for your ass or an ass as a hat?

I prefer the idea of the former. The image of someone wearing a hat on their ass is quite funny.

Anyway, violence solves everything. Kick the in the asshat.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107507 on: September 09, 2016, 08:51:07 pm »

I've been to the tech support twice now. They're awesome people, but whenever they fix a problem, another comes up. We spent over an hour messing with it today. It's just more trouble than it's worth.

My sleep is pretty damn messed up. I can't get to sleep and I can't wake up. I have to somehow keep myself occupied until I pass out from exhaustion because I have a bad time with racing thoughts/anxiety attacks at bed time. I've yet to find a way around this sadly.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107508 on: September 09, 2016, 09:04:37 pm »

@BHK:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm in a better mood after some talk with people, but I'm still just worried that my performance isn't enough. I'm just worried that I'm a big fish leaving a small pond, and nothing more :/
Knowing a bit of your background--your worries are pretty much alright, but your performance not being enough can be said to be misplaced; you're being forced to achieve high grades rather than encouraged and supported (ie Authoritarian vs Authoritative). You aren't 'a disappointment (living)' if you don't achieve the grades people expect you to get, as grades are influenced by many factors such as stress, personal affects, familial happenings, support, and reinforcement of habit--with this last part also being affected a lot by other aspects in life (eg socio-economic/cultural, physical and mental pressures, etc.)
Spoiler: rantish (click to show/hide)
Do wake up in the morning because your life isn't based on grades. If that pertains to future work or jobs--it's not solely based on grades (and that's undertaken in Industrial/Organizational Psychology on job analysis), as it also includes one's experience, attitude and personality, along with academics related to the field you're going in. "Mediocre" (and I use this word very figuratively and not literally at all) grade students versus Suma Cum Laude students can be picked over the latter because of their applied/field experience over theoretical experience :O
That said, given...some personality points about your dad, it's best not to take his judgements literally if they're solely negative. IMO, figuratively is the better way, as you can stretch the ideas (condescending as they may sound) towards any perceived mistake in the future, disconnecting the meaning from what you're doing NOW along with detaching it from 'you', into what can probably be made better.
Do wake up, because I enjoy being greeted by you daily. :3 And even if your ideas may sometimes need a lot of improvement--that's 'some' of your ideas, you've got a lot of good potential there that will manifest if you keep persevering, and not giving up just yet.

Also the metaphor of fish and ponds are out of context in yours. :P The idea is supported by the fact that other fish can pretty much help you rather than 'me vs world around me (accursed puddle! I need more swim zone!)'
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:08:10 pm by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107509 on: September 09, 2016, 10:17:37 pm »

Is an asshat a hat for your ass or an ass as a hat?

I prefer the idea of the former. The image of someone wearing a hat on their ass is quite funny.

Anyway, violence solves everything. Kick the in the asshat.
If I could find them to kick them I would, right now.

@Silthuri:Music?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107510 on: September 10, 2016, 01:53:10 am »

How do normal people act like reasonable adults and not throw tantrums...
I'm seeing a therapist for exactly this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107511 on: September 10, 2016, 01:57:22 am »

My brother has a bit of a problem with that. Injured his foot last time. It doesn't happen often, only when he thinks people are really not listening to him.

I sort of have that problem too (see: approximately two minutes ago), but I don't get physical at all.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107512 on: September 10, 2016, 04:07:17 am »

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:54:05 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107513 on: September 10, 2016, 04:27:45 am »

-snip-
It'll also come off as passive aggressive in making indirect comments like these towards them, even if it's not specified. Rather than stopping and comparing and leaving your thoughts only until there, don't judge superficially. It's going to keep your mind connected to what you only initially saw. Those comparisons won't help. :-\ And yeah, frustrations aren't a nice thing to have. Making a comment on it in a place that's keeping a permanent record is very different than having a comment under your breath :O But also having no place to vent or express affects this too.
Just focus on bettering yourself, dear. :) Meet you on the IRC.

My sad: Just had an anxiety attack. Argh :I
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 05:24:45 am by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107514 on: September 10, 2016, 08:38:47 am »

*hugs Cinder*

*also hugs Tiruin*
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107515 on: September 10, 2016, 01:05:53 pm »

Well, that's all of today ruined! I sure do love being an insomniac and sleeping through my plans, yes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107516 on: September 10, 2016, 02:27:06 pm »

*hugs MSH*

That sucks...  :v
Sigtext

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #107517 on: September 10, 2016, 02:50:38 pm »

I had to take Gunner-chan to the hospital since she kinda sorta went through a Hypertensive Emergency as I hear it's called medically...

It was scary, but she seems okay. Still I hate seeing her like that, or in fact even like this.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #107518 on: September 10, 2016, 06:06:52 pm »

I hope she's okay now! Give her hugs for us!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107519 on: September 10, 2016, 06:20:46 pm »

I hope she's okay now! Give her hugs for us!
Unless that would make the tension worse, anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7166 7167 [7168] 7169 7170 ... 8167