Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7136 7137 [7138] 7139 7140 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466213 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107055 on: August 26, 2016, 11:40:47 am »

Eye see what you did there.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #107056 on: August 26, 2016, 12:25:03 pm »

Your Holy See is a load of Papal Bull.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107057 on: August 26, 2016, 12:30:38 pm »

Guys, people are going to take a dim view of all the puns. See your way out with this nonsense.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107058 on: August 26, 2016, 12:37:30 pm »

Your Holy See is a load of Papal Bull.
Heathen! You are cursed in the sight of God and men! Repent from your seens!!

Quote from: Matthew 18:9
And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107059 on: August 26, 2016, 01:19:29 pm »

Guys, people are going to take a dim view of all the puns. See your way out with this nonsense.
Eye see what you did there. ;D

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107060 on: August 26, 2016, 01:41:50 pm »

looks like my plans to do d&d with my friends are on the verge of falling apart :(

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107061 on: August 26, 2016, 03:41:28 pm »

I don't think eye problems are the reason for the headaches. As far as I know I've always had normal vision, and I haven't noticed anything being less clear than it was before.
From the three basic eye conditions which can be fixed with glasses, only two cause headaches, and only one is noticable early by perception, the one that doesn't cause headaches.

First, there's nearsighted. This one is easily recognizable, as you will notice things in a distance get less sharp. Trouble reading license plates at a distance you used to be able to before is a good early sign. This one will not cause headaches.

Then there's farsighted. This one will cause headaches, because when it's still a minor deviation, your eye muscles can correct for it. This puts a constant strain on them, causing headaches. When it gets worse it becomes noticable though, because you can't read things that you hold to close to your eyes anymore.

Third, there's astigmatism. This is caused by your eye's cornea or inner lens becoming irregulrily shaped. Will cause nasty headaches. Will become noticable through unsharp vision eventually, but causes headaches before that.

So while you say you haven't noticed anything wrong with your eyesight, there might just be a minor aspect of either farsightedness or astigmatism setting in, causing headaches.

But yeah, it could just as well be stress. Can't hurt to have your eyes checked at an optrician though, to rule eyesight out as a culprit.

edit: NB. Farsightedness is a common trait in the aging process. Starts at around age 35-40. Hardly noticable at first, unless your hobby is admiring paintings on rice grains. It can slow down, or even slightly reverse nearsightedness. It's not uncommon for older people with dual focus glasses to see the minus factor decrease and the plus increase over the years.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:47:20 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107062 on: August 26, 2016, 03:45:16 pm »

What ever happened to Mastahcheese? I was looking through some games on the forums that I used to follow and noticed he hasn't logged on since 2015 May.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #107063 on: August 26, 2016, 03:46:49 pm »

Nearsightedness CAN cause headaches and fatigue through eyestrain. I experience this in person every year and a half or so when I need to have my prescription checked, and I don't have astigmatism.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107064 on: August 26, 2016, 03:51:07 pm »

Eeeyyyuup. I basically mainlined headache medicine for a while when I was a kid until it was figured out I was nearsighted. Glasses fixed it right up. Which was very nice, because existence was basically pain by the end of the day without them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107065 on: August 26, 2016, 03:53:35 pm »

"Doctor doctor, my anus itches. Could it be due to heparin?"

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107066 on: August 26, 2016, 03:56:54 pm »

I'll take it that's a no.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107067 on: August 26, 2016, 04:17:09 pm »

The whole gender concept. People should be able to think and act however they want, as long as they don't cause permanent harm by doing so. (And no, sin/heresy doesn't count. People can live, even thrive, without your cult in their life.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #107068 on: August 26, 2016, 04:48:52 pm »

What do you mean by "the whole gender concept"?

I know that in my case, having a word for what I was feeling is very useful. Also, as an OCD person, I need my box.

But I can agree that the public stance and reaction toward gender is saddening. Also, I don't really get how (in America) people just don't get the separation between church and state. Abortion is debatable, but gay marriage? Obviously a religious issue. So get it out of the laws and back in the pulpit!

I realize that's a bit more angry than sad. That tends to be my response to bad things. Hmm.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:51:40 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107069 on: August 26, 2016, 05:06:17 pm »

What do you mean by "the whole gender concept"?
I dislike the practice of forcing people to adopt a set of behaviors, just because somebody declared that it should be done.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 7136 7137 [7138] 7139 7140 ... 8167