Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7137 7138 [7139] 7140 7141 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465701 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107070 on: August 26, 2016, 05:35:19 pm »

Ahh, you mean gender roles.

That's a bit different from gender itself. Gender isn't entirely a social construct, you know.

I've always been annoyed when people said I was "gay" just because I wasn't was wasn't acting feminine masculine.

1. That means homosexual, not non-cisgender,
2. It's describing gender role, not gender per se,
3. And why the fuck do you care whether I follow your fucked-up rules or not?

will the ppls never learn

Edit: Too much trouble with double negatives today.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:38:21 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #107071 on: August 26, 2016, 05:41:28 pm »

What ever happened to Mastahcheese? I was looking through some games on the forums that I used to follow and noticed he hasn't logged on since 2015 May.
Personal issues forced him to take a break, IIRC.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107072 on: August 26, 2016, 05:47:03 pm »

Also, as an OCD person, I need my box.
... What do you even mean?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #107073 on: August 26, 2016, 05:55:03 pm »

Not sure if it's the right TLA (three letter acronym). I have dozens of diagnoses.

What I meant was, "as somebody who needs everything to be orderly, I need to be able to classify each part of myself."
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107074 on: August 26, 2016, 06:09:01 pm »

What I meant was, "as somebody who needs everything to be orderly, I need to be able to classify each part of myself."
Understand the difference between Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder, which you just described. Forgive me for not having links on hand other than Wikipedia.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #107075 on: August 26, 2016, 06:24:38 pm »

Ah, I have both then.
Sigtext!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107076 on: August 26, 2016, 09:52:20 pm »

Minor sad 1: Was reading through the sad thread, saw an old post by a real life associate regarding a past issue. It bothered me on two fronts to have seen this: to learn myself and others contributed to a previously unknown factor of said issue due our own reactions, and that it wasn't meant for my eyes.

Minor sad 2: Spent like a few hours looking over and tweaking this post, then changed my mind about posting something that made the real meat of it. Missed "The Purge", some horror about human trafficking that I can't recall the name of, and the start of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" because of this. ::) (Also blame it on Sky Q lacking reminders.)

Edit:And 3, despite the time spent mentioned above I still managed to miss an error just to notice right after posting.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:01:02 pm by Cain12 »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #107077 on: August 26, 2016, 10:49:54 pm »

@TBF
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pretty Minor Sad, but it took me nearly six hours to write two sentences because things keep coming up. I can't wait to be moved, then I can just sit on my bed and do nothing for a bit.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #107078 on: August 27, 2016, 12:18:33 am »

I just found out that Donald Henderson died. After slaying smallpox, he was focusing on efforts to eliminate antibotic-resistant diseases. He died last week of an antibiotic-resistant staph infection.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107079 on: August 27, 2016, 01:59:09 am »

Fate is a cruel mistress
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #107080 on: August 27, 2016, 06:30:55 am »

humm

So while i'm enjoying my stay at folk high school so far, the lack of a proper gaming PC (and the presence of arm pain) makes me realize just how much time i normally spend gaming. It is a LOT. Yesterday i was flooded by thoughts of how meaningless my life is and has been due to this. I mean, if most of what i do while awake is to basically disregard reality, why do i even bother? If i'm afraid to follow my dreams, do what i want and show people who i am and what i like, why do i even try? Pursuit of happiness, i guess. I'm not quitting, though.

also it probably doesn't help that i was kept awake for a long time at night because the partygoers came back home and settled outside on the benches that are less than 10 meters from my window and didn't quiet down despite me politely shouting at them twice

I don't raise my voice very often at all, but dear god, being kept awake like that puts me in a bad mood. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #107081 on: August 27, 2016, 07:17:42 am »

There's a football pitch outside my window. They never stop playing. Plus, last night they were all celebratory for some reason - loads of shouts and so on outside.

Such is studerende life.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107082 on: August 27, 2016, 08:51:27 am »

@Shook
Maybe this is a bad opinion, but I don't consider gaming a meaningless waste of time...
I suppose one of my major goals in life is collecting experiences, and sure, traveling to distant countries and meeting new people are valuable experiences, but so is reading a damn good book or playing through a great video game. I've had experiences in gaming that I think had a big impact on me, and they're no less meaningful for being "just a game".

...Now that I've typed this I realize this probably has nothing to do with what you were talking about but w/e I stand by it. :P

I'm also afraid to follow my dreams, but for totally different (maybe?) reasons... My hand pain is still bad enough that I'm legit afraid that if I tried I'd turn out to be physically unable to continue. Even though sitting around waiting means it'll get harder and harder to actually get into it... Pfeh. There's my sad. :/

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107083 on: August 27, 2016, 10:08:34 am »

Playing good games in your free time isn't a waste of time. Spending an entire day doing so is.

* Cinder glances at Overwatch and whistles innocently.

I should probably study...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107084 on: August 27, 2016, 10:13:40 am »

@Shook:I can't really say more than what's already been said.

And yeah, people being up late and making loud noises is >:(
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7137 7138 [7139] 7140 7141 ... 8167