Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7135 7136 [7137] 7138 7139 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466243 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107040 on: August 25, 2016, 10:30:58 pm »

Spoiler: quotefest (click to show/hide)
Thanks guys.

Still not very pleased with myself, but I'm alright. Usually I am good at concealing my emotions around people, but I guess some of that may be due to the fact that I generally don't interact with people a whole lot. And the situation in question was something I've never had to deal with before.

Nobody mentioned my moment of weakness, at least. And the situation is, I think, on its way to being resolved.
Doesn't mean I don't wish I could just wash my hands of it all and run away, never to return. But... it could be worse, I guess.
Maybe. Oh man, I sure wish I could wash my hands of it all and run away never to return. @_@

Today I'm going to head off to spend the weekend in the city, push all this crap from my mind, and have a lovely time.
I was planning on doing so this weekend anyway, and I'm not about to let all this stupid, unnecessary drama ruin my plans.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #107041 on: August 25, 2016, 10:49:56 pm »

Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #107042 on: August 25, 2016, 11:55:13 pm »

At this point I'm not even sure what's going on.
I am perpetually sad. It's not like it's without reason because I have reasons but it would feel nice to not be sad and feel like shit for once.
I know that feeling man.

I don't really have any advice for it since I haven't really found any solutions for it. I just try to keep it together and not think too much about the inherent state of unhappiness constantly in the back of my head.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107043 on: August 26, 2016, 12:31:11 am »

I've done this pretty much every day for the last 25 years or so. Don't feel bad about needing a little catharsis.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107044 on: August 26, 2016, 02:20:05 am »

Caroline, if you come home from school with a headache every day, I suspect strongly that you need glasses / contact lenses. Go to an optician and have your eyes checked. Most opticians do this for free.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107045 on: August 26, 2016, 02:23:41 am »

Could also be stress related.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107046 on: August 26, 2016, 08:41:54 am »

Caroline, if you come home from school with a headache every day, I suspect strongly that you need glasses / contact lenses. Go to an optician and have your eyes checked. Most opticians do this for free.
I don't think eye problems are the reason for the headaches. As far as I know I've always had normal vision, and I haven't noticed anything being less clear than it was before.

I'm still not exactly sure what can explain them, though.
I'm seconding the glasses thing.  I had splitting migraines every single day after school for all of highschool that I attributed to stress and was told I needed a weak prescription of glasses when I got to university.  Now I don't even have any advil and I used to carry bottles to school with me...

But yeah it could be something else, just if it's possible for you, getting a eye exam is usually a good idea if you have headaches a lot.
Nom nom nom

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107047 on: August 26, 2016, 09:44:34 am »

I don't think eye problems are the reason for the headaches. As far as I know I've always had normal vision, and I haven't noticed anything being less clear than it was before.

It's worth a checkup, just in case it is eye problems, although I'd put those down as a stress headache too, given what I know about your parents.

@chaotic skies:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107048 on: August 26, 2016, 09:46:58 am »

Eye don't think eye problems are the reason for the headaches. As far as eye know eye have always had normal vision, and eye haven't noticed anything being less clear than it was before.

ftfy
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107049 on: August 26, 2016, 09:48:15 am »

Eye don't think eye problems are the reason for the headaches. As far as eye know eye have always had normal vision, and eye haven't noticed anything being less clear than it was before.

ftfy
Eye, indeed.  Eye was eyeing some eye puns, but eye didn't see them helping the situation much.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107050 on: August 26, 2016, 09:49:42 am »

ftfy
Eye, indeed.  Eye was eyeing some eye puns, but eye didn't see them helping the situation much.  ;P
Read this exchange... now I need a new keyboard and there's broken plastic lodged in my forehead.
Nom nom nom

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #107051 on: August 26, 2016, 10:00:55 am »

ftfy
Read this exchange... now eye need a new keyboard and there's broken plastic lodged in my forehead.
Hm?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107052 on: August 26, 2016, 10:04:03 am »

edit* oh you edited it, nevermind I'm daft
Nom nom nom

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #107053 on: August 26, 2016, 10:05:23 am »

Eye saw that. But eye was replacing your eye with eye so eye could laugh. Eye'm sorry?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107054 on: August 26, 2016, 11:37:57 am »

Eye saw that. But eye was replacing your eye with eye so eye could laugh. Eye'm sorry?

Not enough to apologize. You must make a pilgrimage to the Holy See and under the sight of the Pope and his Cardinals beg for a glimpse of redemption
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7135 7136 [7137] 7138 7139 ... 8167