Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7122 7123 [7124] 7125 7126 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455219 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106845 on: August 18, 2016, 04:23:27 pm »

BHK:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106846 on: August 18, 2016, 04:27:04 pm »

Which is the old medication?  And the new one?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106847 on: August 18, 2016, 04:28:21 pm »

Which is the old medication?  And the new one?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106848 on: August 18, 2016, 04:31:51 pm »

That's an antidepressant, not a sleeping pill . Been on it long? Antidepressants take time to have effect
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106849 on: August 18, 2016, 04:33:21 pm »

A lot of anti-depressants also may make you feel worse for a few weeks prior to working their magic.

Edit: A quick Google search also indicates that one of the side effects is trouble sleeping, among other stimulant-esque effects.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:35:30 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106850 on: August 18, 2016, 04:39:23 pm »

That's an antidepressant, not a sleeping pill . Been on it long? Antidepressants take time to have effect
I didn't think you were talking about the sleeping pill. Not sure what it was.
A lot of anti-depressants also may make you feel worse for a few weeks prior to working their magic.

Edit: A quick Google search also indicates that one of the side effects is trouble sleeping, among other stimulant-esque effects.
I suppose I'll will through it, I guess. Thanks... I really should get back to lurking here so I can... reciprocate the help.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106851 on: August 18, 2016, 04:47:14 pm »

It would suggest to me your doctor doesn't have much of an interest in getting the best for their patients, assuming you see the same one every time.

Your dad also sounds like a bit of a clown, but yeah. I would urge looking into therapy too, as you do seem to have a great deal of catastrophic thinking going on, for which a bit of CBT will likely prove useful.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106852 on: August 18, 2016, 04:55:09 pm »

I question the use of spoilers in a public thread. It's quite redundant.
If it helps someone talk, it's a good thing.  We're not here to be formatting police.

And that's not what redundant means, but that's another post.

BHK:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:57:00 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106853 on: August 18, 2016, 04:58:52 pm »

I would urge looking into therapy too, as you do seem to have a great deal of catastrophic thinking going on, for which a bit of CBT will likely prove useful.
Therapy costs money, doesn't it...? And in between school and sleep and everything else, I don't understand how...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106854 on: August 18, 2016, 05:02:45 pm »

There have to be free resources, online at the very least.  Australia has Headspace, wherever you live, there has to be some program or group capable of giving counselling for free.  At the very least, you'll have someone to talk to.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106855 on: August 18, 2016, 05:04:49 pm »

And that's not what redundant means, but that's another post.

I would urge looking into therapy too, as you do seem to have a great deal of catastrophic thinking going on, for which a bit of CBT will likely prove useful.
Therapy costs money, doesn't it...? And in between school and sleep and everything else, I don't understand how...

PPE: Most likely. School is not the be all and end all, it can be delayed. Sleep is important, but you're not getting it now, in part because of the issues you have. Issues that need to be worked through; therapy will help with that.

While posting in the sad thread may give you a little bit of a reprieve from what's going on, it won't do shit to fix it.

I had forgotten about free online stuff :-[ whoops... sometimes it need another person to get it into your head though. At least that's what I found.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106856 on: August 18, 2016, 05:42:22 pm »

PPE: Most likely. School is not the be all and end all, it can be delayed. Sleep is important, but you're not getting it now, in part because of the issues you have. Issues that need to be worked through; therapy will help with that.

While posting in the sad thread may give you a little bit of a reprieve from what's going on, it won't do shit to fix it.

I had forgotten about free online stuff :-[ whoops... sometimes it need another person to get it into your head though. At least that's what I found.
Not a lot of faith, but I can try.

... Still dunno about all of the goodwill towards me, but... sure. Thank you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106857 on: August 18, 2016, 06:20:11 pm »

@Hector:Your dictionary is broken.  Redundancy is specifically exceeding the normal amount of some thing that was already there, not adding a feature that wasn't there before.  :v

@BHK:I believe in you.  You can do this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106858 on: August 18, 2016, 06:43:50 pm »

Redundancy is adding on that's unnecessary. Like spoilers :P

Redundancy department of Redundancy, for example.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #106859 on: August 18, 2016, 06:43:57 pm »

IIRC chance of suicide increases when people start on antidepressants due to the fact that they fix the motivation and energy problems before they start fixing the other problems.
There's also the very slight chance of undiagnosed bipolar disorder. Antidepressants cause mania in people with that, and then when that mania ends you typically end up crashing down into a deep depression and well... Bad things happen. (Speaking from experience here)
Pages: 1 ... 7122 7123 [7124] 7125 7126 ... 8167