Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7123 7124 [7125] 7126 7127 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453648 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106860 on: August 18, 2016, 06:47:02 pm »

Redundancy is adding on that's unnecessary. Like spoilers :P

Redundancy department of Redundancy, for example.
Spoilers aren't unnecessary, hector, or did you miss what I said earlier about it helping people?

A lot of anti-depressants also may make you feel worse for a few weeks prior to working their magic.
IIRC chance of suicide increases when people start on antidepressants due to the fact that they fix the motivation and energy problems before they start fixing the other problems.
There's also the very slight chance of undiagnosed bipolar disorder. Antidepressants cause mania in people with that, and then when that mania ends you typically end up crashing down into a deep depression and well... Bad things happen. (Speaking from experience here)
:(
*hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106861 on: August 18, 2016, 06:48:32 pm »

@BHK:I believe in you.  You can do this.
Everyone "believes" in me, which has me kinda scared of failing... Thanks, though.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #106862 on: August 18, 2016, 06:49:00 pm »

So I was randomly going through files on my PC and found some pretty saddening images, videos and recording or two.
Well, shit, I guess I'll go draw something, though suprisingly this is not as saddening as it could been.

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106863 on: August 18, 2016, 06:56:04 pm »

Spoilers aren't unnecessary, hector, or did you miss what I said earlier about it helping people?
That's just, like, your opinion, man. They're in a public thread, designed for public perusal. Redundant.

But we are de-railing sadness, however much it needs to be done.

Everyone "believes" in me, which has me kinda scared of failing... Thanks, though.
Fuck everyone else. You don't exist to make other people happy, or fulfill their life goals vicariously.

You are you, and unless you go out of your way to fuck things up for people, that's all it takes to be interesting to others.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #106864 on: August 19, 2016, 02:31:08 am »

My back hurts. I called in to work today and I still haven't been able to relax. The clutch is going out on our car, wiping out half of our savings (and by "savings" I mean the remnants of my last check). I have to ride the bus to work at an ungodly hour just to sit around in town until noon when I have to clock on.

I don't want to spend my life paycheck to paycheck, working for bosses I hate doing menial unskilled bullshit for barely enough to survive. The thought that it's actually very probable causes me a ton of anxiety. I'm so terrified that one day I'll wake up and suddenly be forty years old, in the exact same position that I've been since I left high school. It burns me inside. It makes my guts boil. It's on my mind all the time. I can't think about anything else. I can't relax because every second I spend on myself feels wasted, like I need to constantly be walking forward. I feel like garbage at the end of the day because I feel like I could have done more work on some shitty game or project or scheme that I can't even take out of the prototype stage. I hate this.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106865 on: August 19, 2016, 11:02:56 am »

What makes me sad right now is people commiserating over OW's banning. He made bigoted comments, couldn't abide by the forum rules, and got banned for it. Jeez.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106866 on: August 19, 2016, 11:19:08 am »

I mean a certain firumite got angry at Toady because he banned LSP for posting racist URL. Emotions =/= Logic. I'd know.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106867 on: August 19, 2016, 11:21:53 am »

What a terrible friggin Friday. Everything is going wrong and I still have a long day ahead of me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106868 on: August 19, 2016, 11:34:48 am »

That's just, like, your opinion, man. They're in a public thread, designed for public perusal. Redundant.

But we are de-railing sadness, however much it needs to be done.

Fuck everyone else. You don't exist to make other people happy, or fulfill their life goals vicariously.

You are you, and unless you go out of your way to fuck things up for people, that's all it takes to be interesting to others.
For crying out loud, it's not redundant.  It may be pointless for obfuscatory purposes, but applying something for privacy in a public thread is not, nor will it ever be, redundant, because it's working at cross-purposes, mitigating, as opposed to increasing!  Cross-posting between threads?  Possibly redundant!  Using spoilers?  Not!  I will fight you on that until the end of time if need be but you are definitely wrong.  And this makes me sad.

And BHK:You be you, don't worry about others' expectations, even mine.

What makes me sad right now is people commiserating over OW's banning. He made bigoted comments, couldn't abide by the forum rules, and got banned for it. Jeez.
OW was still a cool dude, though.  People liked him.  So yes, they're bloody well allowed to be sad that somebody they liked got kicked.

@iinl:I keep wanting to start a Bay12 Forums Emergency Fund...This is exactly why.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106869 on: August 19, 2016, 11:42:26 am »

He made a dickish comment once about an article I posted mourning the loss of a giant sequoia at my hometown. But I forgive him. Not going to start  speaking ill of the departed
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106870 on: August 19, 2016, 11:46:06 am »

@TBF: One could argue that spoilers aren't really private when literally anyone can click to reveal their contents, but eh, if it helps...

¯\(°_o)/¯

In other news, AUGH PAIN. I don't know if i did something bad yesterday or today, but my dear ol' strain injuries are WAY too painful today. Can't game, can barely browse internet without pain, would draw things but !!anxiety!! and my right arm is also not without pain. Can i please just get some Adam Jensen-style cybernetic arms already? :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106871 on: August 19, 2016, 11:48:24 am »

@Shook:They may be somewhat pointless for ensuring true orivacy, but redundant they aren't.

@Sad Shook: :(
That is not good.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106872 on: August 19, 2016, 11:53:12 am »

The spoiler adds an unnecessary step for people to view the comment, hence redundant. If someone wants privacy there's a PM system.

I don't think you meant privacy, though, since it doesn't really fit. Why post at all if you want privacy?

Part of my issue with spoilers in the first place is it seems like people want to hide their problems. That's not how you deal with a problem, you need to drag it out into the light of day and say "fuck you, problem, I don't want you anymore", particularly with the type of problem BHK seems be having.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106873 on: August 19, 2016, 11:59:49 am »

I go back to school next week, and my roommate decided this morning that he was no longer interested. Got back together with his girlfriend and wants to move in with her or something, and we don't really know each other so he just left me high and dry. It's far too late to find another person, and I can't afford the place by myself, so now I've just got to sign up for University housing, play the roommate lottery, and spend a bunch more money. At least the owner of the apartment complex was understanding and refunded the money I paid her.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #106874 on: August 19, 2016, 12:22:34 pm »

You're the one who's going to the University of Toledo, aren't you?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7123 7124 [7125] 7126 7127 ... 8167