Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7120 7121 [7122] 7123 7124 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452632 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106815 on: August 17, 2016, 09:50:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's going to help very little--'pretending to not care'. This is a sad for me because I'm tired of hearing this oxymoronic phrase of "I don't care" when in fact people do (albeit due to context, it can more mean 'but it's not my concern or I'm focused on something else', or if it's a case of facing one's own responsibilities under pressure, it's more for the pressure than the responsibilities).
You're at an age wherein this will seem a lot like crushing the life out of you--do not give up. And do not conclude by feelings alone; you are allowed to feel, if any doubts persist, because emotions are just as important as the reasoning you go through at the end when you make action from it all. Such follows anger--it isn't a stimulus by itself but a response to what one perceives.
Please talk about it with your family or others you're in contact with there. School teachers or otherwise. :-\

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #106816 on: August 17, 2016, 12:01:21 pm »

But sleeping brings dreams and other shit.
And in general fuck sleeping (although in all fairness it's better than hallucinations that start after 48 hours or so).

I've never hallucinated from sleep deprivation.  Not on the several occassions where I've stayed up for 3 days straight without even micro-napping.  Not when I averaged 4 hours of sleep a night for 5 straight months, with plenty of all-nighters mixed in (my first semester of school as a parent).

Cue movie moment, where the camera pulls back to reveal me actually wearing a straight jacket in a padded room, staring off into space.

And I'm on the fence about whether I'd rather have nightmares then no dreams.  I seriously just close my eyes and open them, and there's nothing in-between.  Maybe some emotional residue that fades completely within 5 seconds of waking.  It's awful, because it's so hard to make myself go to sleep.  To me, it's not like choosing to go to sleep, which is how people normally think about it because there is some kind of experience associated with sleep.  To me, choosing to go lay down for bed is the same as choosing to initiate the morning of the next day.  I can tell this is not the relationship most people have with sleep, which is why I have so much more trouble than most people forcing myself to do it.

The few nightmares I have had weren't really so bad, either.  I've had two that kept me seriously shaken up, for more than a couple minutes after waking.  Both when I was a kid.  The other three I can think of were terrifying in the middle of them, but I actually enjoyed mulling over after I'd woken up.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:33:26 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106817 on: August 17, 2016, 12:09:35 pm »

All.
That sounds like a fucking wild ride.
Why are you not jumping on that like 'Fuck every TV show out right now'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106818 on: August 17, 2016, 07:53:05 pm »

Only to address the third sad, there's nothing wrong with feeling inadequate, it's more how you deal with it. You can learn from the things they do by socializing with them, asking questions and such. Clever folk like to show off their knowledge, min.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #106819 on: August 17, 2016, 09:52:49 pm »

Spoiler: Caroline Sads 1 + 2 (click to show/hide)

Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106820 on: August 17, 2016, 10:06:04 pm »

@Caroline:

@SalmonGod:I rarely ever dream either.  Perhaps one occasion within living memory, and fragments of childhood dreams.  I don't think anybody knows why we do or don't dream, but maybe you should read up on it?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:16:29 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106821 on: August 17, 2016, 11:02:04 pm »

I almost never remember my dream, but I am pretty sure I do dream frequently.

I found keeping a dream diary works wonders for remembering dreams (probably just because I now have a reason and desire to remember them), but I also found it hard to convince myself to write anything down right after waking up. I am a zombie in the morning.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106822 on: August 18, 2016, 01:10:51 am »

Philippine politics. Going dystopia pretty fast.

Fuck human rights these witches drug dealers must die. They're killing our children!

Logic and Reasoning is dead too, with people saying such baffling things as: They're giving too much stock on Extrajudicial killings; Every single one of them deserved to die (no evidence for being drug dealers); and they're suspected drug dealers anyway, serves them right.

Someone's forgetting the meaning of the word: Suspect.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #106823 on: August 18, 2016, 01:17:24 am »

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106824 on: August 18, 2016, 02:53:37 am »

Philippine politics.
edited my response but it was summed up as 'aurgh, awareness and knowledge are really important things here and which are lacking in what's going on [or what's making the...controversial headlines]'. Very complex :I but very ughh.

Which reminds me of how important education and self-education is and how lacking it may be in many areas here. :-\ The latter pertaining to how one keeps themselves in handling, working with, and progressing with their thoughts and understanding what's going on. Like negative thoughts--there's the assumption that one is only responsible for their actions instead of both that and their thinking. And then how to work with that. >_< The 'how' is very important!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:33:24 am by Tiruin »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106825 on: August 18, 2016, 04:06:55 am »

Something is up with car exhaust system. Had to stop and drive back home.

No work today.
Love, scriver~

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106826 on: August 18, 2016, 05:27:01 am »

So I got accepted to the interview for the basicly dream job,
and I feel that on said interview I sounded retarded.  :(

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106827 on: August 18, 2016, 06:03:01 am »

Don't feel too bad, I just made a huge arse of myself ordering the dream burrito.
Always great to be reminded of what an incredibly awkward dipshit I am. :(
I'm starting to think hunger aggravates my social anxiety or something... this was worse than previous Burrito Bungles, though.

Edit: Oh well, I'm about to eat it. Hopefully the taste, along with a Big Ol' Burrito-Buddy Beer, will wash away the sour taste of my ineptitude. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106828 on: August 18, 2016, 07:28:38 am »

We all think we're worse than we are.  You probably did well.

@HugoLuman:

@Trapezohedron:Stay safe.  *hugs*

@scriver:  :(
Hope it's not terribad.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 07:38:01 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106829 on: August 18, 2016, 07:39:06 am »

My Sad: just... why the hell did I move. What was I thinking. God damn it self why do you always make things worse. WHAT A DINK.
The more I think about things, the better my old place/living situation seems.
No matter that I was miserable when I was there, now that I'm somewhere worse my brain does its best to convince me that it was freakin' paradise. ::)

Although to be fair, the main reason I made the decision to move did turn out to... not be a thing. It was pretty stupid overall.
Still, I'm pissed enough at myself without my brain exaggerating and making things seem even worse than they are.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7120 7121 [7122] 7123 7124 ... 8167