Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7092 7093 [7094] 7095 7096 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434625 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106395 on: July 26, 2016, 05:41:08 am »

Just me being vindictive... nothing of value was here.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:49:33 am by BlackHeartKabal »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #106396 on: July 26, 2016, 09:29:03 pm »

I replaced my laptop's CPU fan, wearing the anti-static bracelet, being very careful to put every screw back in exactly the hole it came from and pull every cable out as gently as I know how.

I get the stupid piece of shit reassembled and now the speakers are muffled and make weird popping/clicking sounds. I hate computers sometimes.

At least the fan is silent, for now.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106397 on: July 26, 2016, 11:42:33 pm »

the speakers are muffled and make weird popping/clicking sounds.
Might be a loose connection
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #106398 on: July 27, 2016, 09:26:11 pm »

Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106399 on: July 27, 2016, 10:17:27 pm »

So apathetic and bored. I have no enthusiasm for anything. Life is dull and slow and pointless.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #106400 on: July 27, 2016, 10:37:01 pm »

So apathetic and bored. I have no enthusiasm for anything. Life is dull and slow and pointless.
We all feel like this at times. And though it's probably not much comfort to hear now, simply endure and the feeling will pass. My advice for alleviation would be to start a project of some kind. At simplest, perhaps begin a playthrough of a game.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106401 on: July 27, 2016, 10:47:08 pm »

@chaotic skies:Everything matters.

I wish I knew what to say, but...Honestly, I don't know what to say.

Assert yourself, I guess.

*hugs*

In...Semi-related news...

I feel like I just mess everything up, and it sucks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106402 on: July 27, 2016, 10:53:49 pm »

@chaotic skies:Everything matters.

I wish I knew what to say, but...Honestly, I don't know what to say.

Assert yourself, I guess.

*hugs*

In...Semi-related news...

I feel like I just mess everything up, and it sucks.
*boop*
When we see ourselves down, there is no impossibility that we can't pull ourselves up other than what we convince ourselves by, and how that works is by what we think--from what we think, what we make our conclusions from; language matters a lot in those points, but the meaning that we convey rather than our words since we talk to ourselves everyday of our lives is the key point.

People may not know what to say, but it is very possible to learn, improve, and develop or progress with skills to know how to console, advise, aid, and pretty much help other people. If you are unsure, educate yourself. However you don't need to post if you're unsure--you can use PMs. :D
You don't mess up things by you being the origin of it all. That would be a fairly very silly thing to conclude, because everyone is capable of a lot more thanks to their potential. It may suck how things are right now; develop yourself in between the ideal thought of 'doing things without messing up' and the state you're in right now.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106403 on: July 28, 2016, 01:11:35 am »

I bought Shadow of Mordor during the Steam sale, and I just played the first hour.

Have to say, massively unimpressed. How this game got all the accolades it did (other than WB paying off Youtubers to shill it) I will never know. The combat is solidish, but it's really just a limited ripoff of the Arkham mechanics. My real problem is with the god damn pacing. Everything is happening and I'm being bombarded with tooltips and cutscenes and new characters none of which are at any point given any explanation. What's his fuck comes back from the dead with a ghost elf talking to him and there's no quesitoning of this, or what's happened to the world, or what we're even doing. Literally the only thing I know for sure is that we're supposed to be chasing down the Black Hand for vengeance.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106404 on: July 28, 2016, 01:40:05 am »

I wasn't under the impression that SoM was played for the story. Doesn't really excuse it from having a bad story. And there's a reason that mechanics, like fighting, aren't able to be copyrighted it means that more games can use what works and that often makes the medium as a whole better. That's my two cents anyway.

Spoiler: angsty teen shit (click to show/hide)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106405 on: July 28, 2016, 01:43:43 am »

First wisdom tooth coming in, in the lower left corner of my mouth. Mother insists it's fine, despite the fact that I can't even see it yet and it's still causing pain and the gum is swollen as fuck. My mouth is already a fucking horrifying sight to behold because my teeth are so crooked and generally misaligned, which my mother could have fixed by allowing me to get braces years and years ago, but instead she chose to completely ignore it forever in the hope that she would never have to help her children in any meaningful way, much like most of the parenral choices she's made. Now I get to completely ignore wisdom teeth and see how much worse it gets, then probably continue to ignore it once it gets worse, which it definitely will with my luck. Oh well, just gotta keep popping acetaminophen or however the fuck you spell that amd just hope that for once my mother actually knows what the fuck she's talking about before she assumes that everything is okay.

IronTomato is posting at 3AM due to insomnia, coherence of post may not reflect usual posting habits.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 01:47:52 am by IronTomato »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106406 on: July 28, 2016, 01:46:44 am »

I wasn't under the impression that SoM was played for the story. Doesn't really excuse it from having a bad story. And there's a reason that mechanics, like fighting, aren't able to be copyrighted it means that more games can use what works and that often makes the medium as a whole better. That's my two cents anyway.

Spoiler: angsty teen shit (click to show/hide)
This goes beyond the story. I knew the story would be shit. The pacing being bad is like some kind of horrible multidimensional threat that leaks into every facet of the game, from story to me just trying to navigate menus.

Spoiler: edgy post-teen shit (click to show/hide)
First wisdom tooth coming in, in the lower left corner of my mouth. Mother insists it's fine, despite the fact that I can't even see it yet and it's still causing pain and the gum is swollen as fuck. My mouth is already a fucking horrifying sight to behold because my teeth are so crooked and generally misaligned, and now I get to completely ignore wisdom teeth and see how much worse it gets. Oh well, just gotta keep popping acetaminophen or however the fuck you spell that amd just hope that for once my mother actually knows what the fuck she's talking about before she assumes that everything is okay.

IronTomato is posting at 3AM due to insomnia, coherence of post may not reflect usual posting habits.
Unless your mother has x-ray vision she's full of shit. You can't afford to let that go, impacted wisdom teeth only get more impacted as time goes on.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106407 on: July 28, 2016, 02:56:21 am »

I have my shit together, but it's really hard to help other people get their shit together.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106408 on: July 28, 2016, 03:07:15 am »

Oh well, just gotta keep popping acetaminophen or however the fuck you spell that amd just hope that for once my mother actually knows what the fuck she's talking about before she assumes that everything is okay.
Get yourself to dentist mate.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106409 on: July 28, 2016, 07:44:51 am »

Welp, seems one of my clients lied to me about a fair bit of things, apart from not bringing me the documents I asked him about.

His hearing is a week from now.
Sigh. I'll call him today and tell him shit is gonna get real if he doesn't.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 7092 7093 [7094] 7095 7096 ... 8167