Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7091 7092 [7093] 7094 7095 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430964 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106380 on: July 24, 2016, 03:42:16 pm »

My phone browser just crashed for no apparent reason and I lost the mostly-complete RTD turn I was writing.
Fortunately I have part of it copied to clipboard, but I'd written quite a bit more since then. :(

Also I somehow lost my bank card yesterday and despise myself for such incompetence, but I'm trying not to think about that too much.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #106381 on: July 24, 2016, 04:07:39 pm »

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:42:24 pm by penguinofhonor »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106382 on: July 24, 2016, 05:56:43 pm »

@Shook
FindIng a reason that drowns out all else gives you tons of motivation.

As a fellow person who draws, just... have a goal and something to make that goal important. I've never done anything from sitting down and trying to just draw 'something'.
Aye, can also confirm, but the thing is that the "something" i referred to there was just a catch-all term for the idea that i have at the time. What also bothers me is that when i was a wee laddie, i was perfectly capable of filling out an A4 page with doodles, obviously of lesser quality compared to today, but i didn't have that anxiety. Granted, i didn't have lewd or (as many) violent ideas back then, but even without considering those, it's still an awful lot harder to just draw whatever dumb thing that comes to mind today, which is frustrating as hell when i'm actually able to draw them decently now.

As for finding a reason, you're totally right about that, but alas, my brain also finds plenty of reasons to NOT do things. It almost always involves a very conscious thought and action to begin drawing, unlike gaming, which is just kind of something that happens. Sometimes i'm in good mood and feel like punching anxiety in the face, other times i fall into the "nah tomorrow is the day" loop, which we all know and love.

*hugs Shook*

I feel like a broken record, but if you're not talking to somebody, you should try talking to somebody.  That sounds like something you need to work through/out.
<3

I have talked to my immediate relatives and more than one therapist (... two in total), and while it is good to know that people are aware of the issue and would help me if asked (fun fact: asking for help makes me anxious), i've learned enough from these talks to know that it is ultimately my own fight. Me going to folk high school is actually an important step here, because not only do i get in contact with yet another entirely new bunch of people, i get to do it completely outside of the safety bubble of my nearby home, and for once, my hobbies are actually relevant. Will it be nervewracking? Oh hell yes, but it's hopefully going to be worth it.

also my bedroom is way too warm arblgarbl
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106383 on: July 25, 2016, 04:06:59 am »

Long night of drinking has wound up causing a bladder infection. It was worth it, but I feel like I'm pissing magma.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106384 on: July 25, 2016, 05:57:15 am »

Long night of drinking has wound up causing a bladder infection. It was worth it, but I feel like I'm pissing magma.
Hope you get better as soon as possible, I've never actually pissed magma though so I can't really relate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106385 on: July 25, 2016, 06:18:13 am »

Glad we're past the "hate-mail for OW" bit, I was starting to feel a bit competitive.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106386 on: July 25, 2016, 08:08:22 am »

snip
As a wee laddie myself, I'm unable to doodle a lot because I'm too concerned with quality, so when I do doodle it's really not doing any good, as it's not practice or anything :/

H-how is performing a task not practice for said task?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106387 on: July 25, 2016, 08:40:33 am »

I meant around 7 years of age when i said "wee laddie", but okay. :v
Anyways, ANY doodling is practice, even if it's just helping your brain solidify the connections (which, mind you, is also very important). I'm a living testament to that; if improvement required me to consciously practice and study diligently, i would have gotten pretty much nowhere. I definitely know the feeling of being concerned with quality, and that it's ridiculously hard to just shake off, but we gotta think about it this way: If we don't draw anything, we certainly won't improve. :I

also ow my right nut hurts and i hope it's not because it's decided to pull a Beatles and go Twist and Shout

edit: ok nut no longer hurts all is well again
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:04:52 am by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106388 on: July 25, 2016, 09:45:32 am »

also ow my right nut hurts and i hope it's not because it's decided to pull a Beatles and go Twist and Shout

edit: ok nut no longer hurts all is well again

Did you get a case of BOFA?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106389 on: July 25, 2016, 09:54:47 am »

Cats as a whole just don't seem to get the concept of selective distance. Either they're all up on you, or they run in terror before you could possibly fall on them.

To be fair, I think people who work with large animals have similar problems, so maybe it's just impossible to know if you're too close to a bigger thing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106390 on: July 25, 2016, 10:32:07 am »

This is why I say sorry to my cats and cuddle them when I hurt them. They eventually stop panicking and running when they're hurt, as long as I say sorry. That way I can have as many unfortunate feline accidents as I please and be completely free of guilt!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106391 on: July 25, 2016, 12:49:43 pm »

Doodles help you make better lines, and i can safely say that a detailed drawing with bad lines will, in most cases, looks worse than a doodle with a great lines. Of course, the details themselves will require some separate practice, but if you've practiced the initial sketchy part then that's at least one less thing to worry about, right?

* Shook said naively, hoping to convince himself of the same

Anyways, if by some strange twist of fate you should find yourself needing/wanting (f)art related support, you can give me a poke. Fair warning though, i'm bad at responding to things quickly and might end up writing huge walls of text. :v

i have no idea what that is

:U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106392 on: July 25, 2016, 01:09:12 pm »

Beating Up Freaky Aliens?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106393 on: July 25, 2016, 11:41:31 pm »

I loaded a game I loved 7 years ago and got a serious nostalgia hit.  Made me think about what I've accomplished in the last 7 years.
It's not so bad.  Feels bad though. 

Particularly since I invested my self-worth into a job which is ending soon, bleh.  I already whined about that though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106394 on: July 26, 2016, 12:44:16 am »

BOFA DEEZ NUTS
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 7091 7092 [7093] 7094 7095 ... 8167