Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7094 7095 [7096] 7097 7098 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435030 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106425 on: July 28, 2016, 11:46:38 pm »

Have you considered calling youth services or something
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106426 on: July 28, 2016, 11:52:44 pm »

4 is plenty old enough to take some steps towards avoiding a horrible painful death by infected impacted jawline.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106427 on: July 29, 2016, 02:42:13 am »

Then stop havi me prove myself to get any respect. I've proven myself several times, holy shit.
Cin, when you enroll in college in August, please consider you get to using the local Guidance Counseling services because they can really help issues like these. Silence or a lack of response does NOT mean the result is already negative. Just because two things may be, or are linked, does not mean that one causes the others or vice versa.
Somehow you're under the impression from us that there is something up with you. We've repeatedly mentioned time and time again that this is not the case, and yet this idea reinforces itself because it comes from you, NOT US. And "from you" meaning how you define the stimulus--it's not actually coming from you but from what you take in, from what you observe.
It's been noted that this is something with your perception of things, like in the example of silence--you may conclude something negative, it may be an insecurity or something you've learned because of something you've been told before, but before making any such conclusion, please ensure that you're actually making it within reason.

I have my shit together, but it's really hard to help other people get their shit together.
Maybe rethink this, as one's own composure and ability to help others depends on how well they can keep themselves together. That includes their perception and how they work with it.

Please stop judging people solely by your perceptions, if it becomes an issue. Work with others. Get to understand them. Do not demonize them.

Also greatorder and Shook brings up a good point--bring down specifics; bring down specifics that are, instead of what you think others are. Discuss, instead of making statements you think they're saying but maybe really aren't. Move forward mutually with your audience. Don't set down lines and barriers by giving ultimatums and speaking for others--when 'speaking for others' means that you're concluding merely by yourself without their interaction. You'll lose other people's respect when you assume evil where there is none, and tell them it's coming from them because of impressions that say otherwise; talk about it in the least, because it is impolite when you thrust statements from this "vague everybody" and get affected because the thought is as if "everybody" actually does that. Respect is very diverse, and not just limited to one person's expectations alone.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:12:43 am by Tiruin »

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106428 on: July 29, 2016, 04:30:38 am »

For some reason I can't listen to You're the Good Things (It's Alright to Die) by Modest Mouse. Dunno why, I just breakdown when I start listening for some reason. In other news I haven't been feeling great lately, been thinking about death/suicide a lot for some reason lately and it disturbs me.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106429 on: July 29, 2016, 08:13:32 am »

We're putting down my Grandmother's old-ass pug. He's 15-16 and can barely even breathe at this point. It's for the best, but.. I'm gonna miss having him around all the time, and the way he barked by going 'uph uph uph uph'.
Rest in peace, Ching-Ching. You were a fucking awesome dog.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106430 on: July 29, 2016, 08:24:00 am »

Then stop havi me prove myself to get any respect. I've proven myself several times, holy shit.
Cin, when you enroll in college in August, please consider you get to using the local Guidance Counseling services because they can really help issues like these. Silence or a lack of response does NOT mean the result is already negative. Just because two things may be, or are linked, does not mean that one causes the others or vice versa.
Somehow you're under the impression from us that there is something up with you. We've repeatedly mentioned time and time again that this is not the case, and yet this idea reinforces itself because it comes from you, NOT US. And "from you" meaning how you define the stimulus--it's not actually coming from you but from what you take in, from what you observe.
It's been noted that this is something with your perception of things, like in the example of silence--you may conclude something negative, it may be an insecurity or something you've learned because of something you've been told before, but before making any such conclusion, please ensure that you're actually making it within reason.

I have my shit together, but it's really hard to help other people get their shit together.
Maybe rethink this, as one's own composure and ability to help others depends on how well they can keep themselves together. That includes their perception and how they work with it.

Please stop judging people solely by your perceptions, if it becomes an issue. Work with others. Get to understand them. Do not demonize them.

Also greatorder and Shook brings up a good point--bring down specifics; bring down specifics that are, instead of what you think others are. Discuss, instead of making statements you think they're saying but maybe really aren't. Move forward mutually with your audience. Don't set down lines and barriers by giving ultimatums and speaking for others--when 'speaking for others' means that you're concluding merely by yourself without their interaction. You'll lose other people's respect when you assume evil where there is none, and tell them it's coming from them because of impressions that say otherwise; talk about it in the least, because it is impolite when you thrust statements from this "vague everybody" and get affected because the thought is as if "everybody" actually does that. Respect is very diverse, and not just limited to one person's expectations alone.
And...Exactly this.

*hugs Cinder*

I'd like to ask you something.  Why do you think specific people are disrespecting you?  Name no names, if you don't want to, but I think answering the question is a good idea.

@KoSS:*hugs*
I'm sorry for your loss.
I had to go through the same thing, once.
I know the feel.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:26:50 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106431 on: July 29, 2016, 08:51:45 am »

Well then.
Get out of there as soon as it's possible for you to stand up on your own two feet.
+1 to this. Maybe seek out some other relative you have to aid you.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106432 on: July 29, 2016, 08:56:45 am »

I'd perhaps like to point out there could be financial considerations re: lack of dentistry, but I know nothing of the situation beyond what IT has said. The immediate conclusion that their mum is badmum is a little harsh.

Anyhow, perhaps you should look up on 't internets how bad impacted wisdom teeth can be for a person, then show it to your mum. Crooked teeth you can live with; constant pain that gets worse over time much less so.

Failing that, constant nagging until she caves might work :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106433 on: July 29, 2016, 12:23:31 pm »

YMMV depending on how old you are, but if all else fails and you can physically get down to the dentist's office you may be able to explain the situation and get some help. A friend of mine (who admittedly is a pretty smooth talker) was able to get a tooth pulled and crowned for next to nothing at a small practice because it was obviously necessary and he could prove he didn't have any money. They may not actually treat it, but they may be willing to look at it and determine the extent of the problem, which would give you something concrete to go forward on.

The small practice bit is important though. A doctor working at a hospital or something like that probably doesn't have the freedom to make decisions like that.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106434 on: July 29, 2016, 12:28:56 pm »

I'd perhaps like to point out there could be financial considerations re: lack of dentistry, but I know nothing of the situation beyond what IT has said. The immediate conclusion that their mum is badmum is a little harsh.

Anyhow, perhaps you should look up on 't internets how bad impacted wisdom teeth can be for a person, then show it to your mum. Crooked teeth you can live with; constant pain that gets worse over time much less so.

Failing that, constant nagging until she caves might work :P
Pretty sure that IT's complained a fair bit about their family here before.

Was it IT that has an asshole brother as well, or was that someone else and I've got mixed up?
Nah, you're remembering correctly.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106435 on: July 30, 2016, 03:08:24 am »

We're putting down my Grandmother's old-ass pug. He's 15-16 and can barely even breathe at this point. It's for the best, but.. I'm gonna miss having him around all the time, and the way he barked by going 'uph uph uph uph'.
Rest in peace, Ching-Ching. You were a fucking awesome dog.
We're probably going to have to put down one of our work dogs soon. My brother just doesn't want to believe it but it's probably going to have to happen. Anyway, my condolences, putting down a pet really sucks.

And hey IronTomato, I hope everything sorts itself out for you eventually. You're pretty cool and don't deserve what you seem to go through.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106436 on: July 30, 2016, 08:20:21 am »

Tried to comfort a friend on Bay12. Flubbed completely at it.

Where's Tiruin when you need her. Can I steal your power of not being a terrible person that make people feel bad?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106437 on: July 30, 2016, 08:37:11 am »

We got rid of the little puppy. Now we have 0 dogs. I would've appreciated being able to say goodbye to her before she left.

Fucking stupid feelings.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106438 on: July 30, 2016, 11:09:48 am »

Tried to comfort a friend on Bay12. Flubbed completely at it.

Where's Tiruin when you need her. Can I steal your power of not being a terrible person that make people feel bad?
Keep being there for your friend, dude. Sometimes we fail--we have to learn from it. :P
You aren't a terrible person by virtue of existence. Consoling is a skill, as DF is quite to teach, by socializing. :3
But being there for your friend and letting them vent or open up can help.
Also just because I've posted stuff that seems on the surface to help others, it doesn't mean that I'm the only one. There are tons of other folks here doing the same. :)

Thesisworries .-. plus faring another year without access to medical aid [in my condition D:] locally.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106439 on: July 30, 2016, 11:22:53 am »

@Cinder:I can't possibly imagine it having gone completely terrible, but sometimes I don't know how to help someone either.

And, well, what Tiruin said :v

*hugs*

@Tiruin:Tiruin Medical Fund?

You will do just great on your thesis if it's even half as good as you are.

@Gamedragon:Thing is, you aren't.  Don't listen to that feeling, because it's lying to you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7094 7095 [7096] 7097 7098 ... 8167