Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7086 7087 [7088] 7089 7090 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429695 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106305 on: July 22, 2016, 10:54:26 pm »

....eh

I'd rather have attempted to do things than not.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106306 on: July 22, 2016, 11:24:28 pm »

Being yourself only works if you're heterosexual.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106307 on: July 22, 2016, 11:30:07 pm »

Fack off san, that's discrimination.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106308 on: July 22, 2016, 11:32:23 pm »

I'm going to be honest here, I just post so that people can reassure me that they think I'm cool. But not enough people say that because I'm not actually cool.
Nah, you're pretty cool.
You're cool.
Can confirm.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106309 on: July 22, 2016, 11:34:07 pm »

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you guys.

There's no way a Cinder can be cool.

It can only be hot.

8)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106310 on: July 22, 2016, 11:36:01 pm »

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you guys.

There's no way a Cinder can be cool.

It can only be hot.

8)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

chkm8y

Not that our Cinder is a stone with two holes in it. That would be silly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106311 on: July 22, 2016, 11:42:25 pm »

No, but I'll wager you that he has two holes in him

Plus, he's not enough of a square to be a block.

I do have to say though, the intermittent step between relentless and averse is more attractive to me, at least. Someone who isn't pushy, but isn't a prude (as a very crude explanation), is more attractive to me in a stranger. Pushing too much, even though I always think I'd like it in theory, always seems to trigger my nope impulse.

Also, being yourself works fine if you find people who're cool.

Never try, never fail
I think that's actually just automatic failure. :/

Also, if you can become narcissistic for a phase or two, I find it really helps with not caring what other people think about you.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106312 on: July 22, 2016, 11:46:13 pm »

There's a difference between not caring and not caring, one relieves stress, the other makes you a douchebag

In other news, I just went to the supermarket to buy stuff for dinner. Tomorrow I'm making a fish pie, but I forgot to buy fish.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:49:44 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106313 on: July 22, 2016, 11:53:55 pm »

Also, if you can become narcissistic for a phase or two, I find it really helps with not caring what other people think about you.
Why not just not care in the first place? It makes you a better person, imo.
In what capacity?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106314 on: July 23, 2016, 12:10:50 am »

Narcissism and not caring what other people think of you aren't the same, narcissists care about NOTHING ELSE besides what other people think of them.  External locus of identity and all that.  Narcissism just also happens to contain a skewed world-view that ignores any evidence of other people's like/dislike of them, and just goes ahead assuming that they're loved by all, because why shouldn't they be?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106315 on: July 23, 2016, 12:30:13 am »

Yeah it's totally not like Bay12 isn't known for barely disguised transphobia and homophobia.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106316 on: July 23, 2016, 12:32:37 am »

Since when is Bay12 even remotely either of those things?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106317 on: July 23, 2016, 12:33:36 am »

Yeah it's totally not like Bay12 isn't known for barely disguised transphobia and homophobia.
That's a bit unfair. I don't think you could say that of everyone here.

Fack off OW, that's discrimination really annoying, with the ninjas and the actually making the same point and shit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106318 on: July 23, 2016, 01:18:58 am »

That's a bit unfair. I don't think you could say that of everyone here.

Fack off OW, that's discrimination really annoying, with the ninjas and the actually making the same point and shit.
Cin, you could really mellow down the public sarcasm or cynicism. These contribute to your attitude in how you work with those thoughts when they get to you. It doesn't help.

OW has a point, hector. :P A whole community is being generalized merely by one's personal perception. What could also be taken in is how far does this perception apply. All these posts about sweeping generalizations and shooting off opinions, they're ok--ok to mention your opinions. But they'd become part of your outlook in life if you keep repeating them, and not be open to other people also adding their opinion. >_< In this context, it really comes off as divisive which follows the same convoluted idea behind the original idea in the first place.

There's nothing wrong with being heterosexual. There's nothing wrong with being homosexual. Stop making superficial conclusions and posting about them as if it's a truth you're to project. If it's something you're concerned with, talk it over with others in their respective threads. Assuming conclusions that way generate results along the same theme. Some people may be transphobic or homophobic--they're the loud minority, and easily shut down here.

In summary: Personal opinion says that you could talk about those things in a constructive and open way. You said something along the same lines years ago.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 01:22:38 am by Tiruin »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106319 on: July 23, 2016, 01:21:07 am »

If Bay 12 is meeting the standard of barely disguised transphobia and homophobia I'd hate to see how you perceive literally the rest of the internet.

Unless this is an Upper Forumite thing but they're all normie weirdos anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7086 7087 [7088] 7089 7090 ... 8167