Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7087 7088 [7089] 7090 7091 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428946 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106320 on: July 23, 2016, 01:22:47 am »

Just for the record, I was agreeing with OW, byraway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106321 on: July 23, 2016, 01:23:41 am »

Yeah, I just noticed that :P
My humor is off the charts (ie I don't get many things :'(), and I'm really tired. o_o

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106322 on: July 23, 2016, 01:30:48 am »

Well you made a better point than I did anyway.

I am sad that you were 4 seconds off making the time of that post 01:23:45am.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106323 on: July 23, 2016, 01:49:36 am »

I could name a few people who seems always eager to state their disgust with androgygny.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106324 on: July 23, 2016, 01:50:23 am »

A few people does not a community make.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106325 on: July 23, 2016, 06:17:18 am »

it might as well if it goes uncontested

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106326 on: July 23, 2016, 06:27:52 am »

I've seen mild disapproval towards the way transgender issues are handled, which can hardly be described as 'phobic. It's always challenged. Same with homosexuality. Occasional mild disapproval, overwhelming base of support.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106327 on: July 23, 2016, 06:36:41 am »

The only thing i'm tempted to state my disgust of is rampant and unchecked cynicism that's barely founded in reality.

>______________________________>

Bay12 is one of the most LGBT-friendly communities i've ever seen that aren't specifically for that purpose, and the fact that the word "friendly" is applicable ON THE INTERNET says an awful lot. Hell, this is the only community i know of (granted, not a large pool to pick from) where people have actually stated that they're trans, and on top of that, received a shit ton of support. A trans-/homophobic community would have banned them and held a party afterwards.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106328 on: July 23, 2016, 10:14:05 am »

I don't even think we need to challenge or contest when people disagree.  There's room for multiple opinions, even wrong ones :P

Though yeah I guess like Shook's saying, sometimes people can be outright hateful about it...  That bears challenging, I guess, though not if it's just trolling for an argument :/  Fortunately that seriously doesn't happen much here.  People might perceive hatefulness when it isn't there, sometimes.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #106329 on: July 23, 2016, 11:56:52 am »

Personally I've found that B12 is generally one of the friendliest places out there. The culture here just doesn't have much room for hate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106330 on: July 23, 2016, 12:06:23 pm »

Oh also I'm being a massive hypocrite, I challenge people over stuff all the time when I probably shouldn't.
So that makes me a little sad, but hopefully I'll get better (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #106331 on: July 23, 2016, 12:16:00 pm »

I'm going to be honest here, I just post so that people can reassure me that they think I'm cool. But not enough people say that because I'm not actually cool.
OK, straight talk time. I've been reluctant to say that since it's blunt and I didn't want to be an asshole, but with that attitude, you're never going to be happy. Not even if the whole damn planet would shower you with adulation.

It's only human to enjoy validation, but unless you can like yourself, on your own terms, without anyone else's say-so - find a way to find self-worth if you were the only person left on Earth, you'll remain an emotional black hole. And ironically, one of the most uncool, unattractive traits is constantly badgering others to say that you're awesome.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106332 on: July 23, 2016, 12:47:53 pm »

Yeah it's totally not like Bay12 isn't known for barely disguised transphobia and homophobia.
I agree with the fuck off San. I had a big jokey paragraph whereupon I appointed myself king of the bigots and deemed you acceptable, but eh.
Suffice to say your bishie ass is welcomed by most people.
But just as we's gotta be tolerant of metropansexuals, we also gotta be tolerant of those people who believe Jesus specifically didn't die for the sins of bumfuckers.
As Confucius once said: "A double-edged blade cuts both ways, but the hundred-bladed swordball fucks up everything it touches" Actually oglaf

Being yourself only works if you're normal.
This I'll agree with though.
Humanity is a bit shit.

Edit: also addendum, open invitation
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:58:50 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106333 on: July 23, 2016, 01:06:17 pm »

I don't know what to say anymore.

Cinder, STOP DISMISSING YOURSELF.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #106334 on: July 23, 2016, 01:22:46 pm »

12 bay is better than most places for trans friendly status, though it has had some distinct ... incidents.... There are some noted standouts, but you'll have that.

It's an incredibly odd place if you think of it, and in some ways, that's good. I've met some rather nice people here who actually didn't care or dare I say liked ... how I am. I've had a couple of girls here be rather nice to me and a couple of men be civil and decent. Wow. Moreover, people actually are mostly nice about my asking not to be quoted / outed. I've shared some details on dates etc and I was surprised at a couple of congratulatory responses instead of the usual internet vitriol machine.

In the same breath, I vividly recall being flooded with hate email some time ago over a discussion on transgender bathroom ban laws. I also recall some people going out of their way to stick up for me when that happened and supporting my request not to be quoted largely because of it. Thank you, you know who you are, and you have a great deal of my gratitude.

Are there issues, even here, yes, but nothing compared to the rest of the internet, and thankfully things have been getting better over time. Perfect no, improving? Yes. In a perfect world, what's between the ears would matter far more than between the legs.... We don't live in that world yet. I hope to see it some day.

That said, even my therapist has said, "I realize you can't be yourself right now. It's a safety issue." I hide here.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 01:26:43 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 7087 7088 [7089] 7090 7091 ... 8167