Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7056 7057 [7058] 7059 7060 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439719 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105855 on: July 03, 2016, 11:56:25 am »

My garden got pretty savaged by hungry local deer. I love 'em, but I was really looking forward to not having dead plants for once, dudes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #105856 on: July 03, 2016, 12:04:52 pm »

My garden got pretty savaged by hungry local deer. I love 'em, but I was really looking forward to not having dead plants for once, dudes.
Mourne not the lost plants.

Celebrate the saved Jalapeno.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105857 on: July 03, 2016, 12:05:45 pm »

Just eat the deer.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105858 on: July 03, 2016, 12:11:43 pm »

Mourne not the lost plants.

Celebrate the saved Jalapeno.

Spoiler: Hang in there, baby (click to show/hide)

Just eat the deer.

We've already got a freezer full of venison from one of my roommate's hunting trips, which no one has touched. Besides, I like having the deer around!

Probably going to make a chili pepper tea to spritz the leaves with though; they've gone this far, but no farther.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:14:57 pm by Solifuge »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #105859 on: July 03, 2016, 12:53:52 pm »

Have you called a plumber?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #105860 on: July 03, 2016, 01:12:18 pm »

Have you called a plumber?

Similarly, I'd put money on a good go with a plunger unblocking them.

Seriously though, that sucks man. I think a couple of folks on the forum swear by garlic tea (although Baug and Vec aren't really around any more), might be worth a try if you have no upcoming social engagements. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105861 on: July 03, 2016, 01:16:14 pm »

Have you tried pinching your nose, closing your mouth, and blowing?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105862 on: July 03, 2016, 01:35:25 pm »

Thanks.

The initial shock is...Mostly over, I guess.

Still kinda beat up about it, but I can keep going.

I still kind of want to curl up in a ball and just not, but...yeah.

Hm. Is this tragedy or brooding? The signals seem a little mixed, and the type of support is different for both.
A little of both, maybe.  But it's not as bad as it was anymore, so...I guess I'm okay-ish now.  Still hoping for a miracle, but....Yeah.

Garrison Keillor has retired.
:(

Also, *hugs everybody, gives self-confidence to Cinder*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #105863 on: July 03, 2016, 04:04:19 pm »

Heard Garrison Keillor's last show today, and I feel a bit sad knowing that something that's been in my life as long as I can remember is over. Though it's not as sad as when I hear the Car Talk reruns, I'm still sorry the show's over.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105864 on: July 03, 2016, 04:13:40 pm »

Heard Garrison Keillor's last show today, and I feel a bit sad knowing that something that's been in my life as long as I can remember is over. Though it's not as sad as when I hear the Car Talk reruns, I'm still sorry the show's over.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105865 on: July 03, 2016, 06:35:57 pm »

My move next week will cause me to miss a very rare live appearance from Space Bong, a legendary band from Adelaide.
They are only playing Melbourne and Sydney on this 'tour', and they're performing on of their albums (possibly their best) in full at each show. It's a hell of a thing to miss, especially since the only time I've seen them before I had to leave early and missed half their set. :(

I will also be missing a first-time Australian tour from Weedeater and Conan. I'm not quite as cut up about that as I am about Space Bong, but it still hurts my soul. I would have liked to see Weedeater live... although the Melbourne venue they're playing isn't great, so I guess I'm not missing too much.
Now if only I could have arranged to get to Queensland a week earlier, they're playing my favourite bar for their show up there. Alas.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105866 on: July 03, 2016, 07:14:14 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105867 on: July 03, 2016, 07:53:23 pm »

I miss the old days. They weren't great, but back then at least I had some dignity.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105868 on: July 03, 2016, 09:33:50 pm »

It's one of those days where it just comes across as kind of dumb for me to try to be anything. I suppose people who matter still support me, but it kind of stings that nobody else seem to care the slightest about my self-improvements. And I suppose it's not their fault. Marginally better garbage is still garbage.

Obviously I wrote this to ask for sympathy... but some advice on coping with mediocrity would be nice, or at least advice on how to tell mediocrity to get stuffed.

Heyo. Quick soapbox; best cure for this is to learn to genuinely appreciate yourself and your successes, even if they aren't all the way to where you want to be yet. Honest external appreciation or praise can be really nice to hear, I know, but it's possible to develop your ability to be proud of yourself too. Try it! Just tell yourself what's good about your progress, and give yourself a little space in your mind to honestly celebrate the good, or write about it in a journal or something. Insofar as being worried about "mediocrity", you can choose to look at it that way, or to look at it as successfully developing a moderate proficiency level, yeah? There's no rule that says you can't be proud of yourself while you're still trying to improve.

Also, though I don't really know your sitch, I'm proud of you in the abstract sense. Keep at it, hon! Take it one step at a time; you'll get where you want to be.

P.S. Dignity is for scrubs who put more weight on the feelings of others than on their own. Be the best you you can be, and everyone else can just deal.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105869 on: July 03, 2016, 11:59:29 pm »

I haven't been on any forums lately, and I just realized that last night and was sad.

Also, I just got offered a really awesome job on-campus that I've been trying to get for a couple of years now. However, now that I've accepted it I need to give my notice to my current job, which is really sad cause I like it there and I hate to cause them any inconvenience :( I've never quit a job before so I'm anxious.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 7056 7057 [7058] 7059 7060 ... 8167