Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7052 7053 [7054] 7055 7056 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436128 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105795 on: June 30, 2016, 08:33:01 am »

*hugpats everybody*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105796 on: June 30, 2016, 11:58:39 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:41:51 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105797 on: June 30, 2016, 12:03:52 pm »

Huh?  I didn't get that impression.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #105798 on: June 30, 2016, 01:34:46 pm »

Yesterday, migraine so bad that I had to call in to work. Generally, if I'm calling in, things are VERY BAD. Today, still sick but working anyway.

Had a recent doctor's appointment. My xrays came back "interesting." Confirmation of spina bifida and pars defect. MRI on Friday to survey the extent of actual damage. Possible arthritic damage or severe spinal compression.
Geez dude. Fingers crossed for ya.  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105799 on: June 30, 2016, 01:56:19 pm »

Yes but did you see me use a basque word up there though

(On a serious note, I understand. Do work hours lessen with veterancy and/or careering, by the way?)

... sorta. There is a career points system which results in wage increases, and in which veterancy is the single most important factor.  This does not result in less hours per se, but it does result in higher earnings.

Also, after the age of 55 in theory you cannot be forced to do shift duty. Which is another workload lessening, after a fashion. One that most people (don't include myself among them) do not want, because the base wage is fairly low without shift duty*1

In autonomous communities there are also hiring lists that work through this point system. Points count as well for civil service examinations which is important because that's the way to access all permanent consultant positions (emphasis on the permanent. Once you get a position via civil service examination it's practically impossible to kick you out). Sometimes "profiles" are thrown in. These demand the equivalent of Fellowships, except since there are no such thing as formal fellowships here, it falls down to you to prepare a CV listing all your work experience, papers, and formal education (courses, whatnot) that are related to whatever they are asking for, in order to prove that you have a good profile for the job, and get extra points because of that. (BTW:Goes without saying that if there's a workplace toad around it's not unlikely that a particular profile suited to his or her CV and experience will pop up)

The main problem at my current workplace (this is a summer job, will last until September at most) is that I'm supposed to help cover the two semi-permanent physicians here while one or the other vacation, but the one that was supposed to be here is currently ill, so I'm assuming far more workload than I'm supposed to  (I will be paid for it, though, I think). Also, it's a small place and supposedly we are there only as support, but we're pulling far more work than that (seriously. I fully expect to spend the next two weeks with around 17-18 consultations per day. And this is summer!), which does not help ease the final workload.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105800 on: June 30, 2016, 02:28:43 pm »

It's been a really long day, hot one at that. I spent some five hours in a car, most of it on a highway, so extra exhausting. I also forgot some stuff which caused me to do extra driving and some money (plus the annoyance).

And then some other shit happened in the group/page I help run on FB and we're now two people short (with another one taking a long break), so now, my plan of ditching the whole thing has to be put on hold becase I can't leave it up to like two people.

Oh and to make matters worse some really fun comments by my parents were made in regards to my education. They basically want me to continue with another two (or three even) years of uni, so that I have a better chance of a job or something. I'm against that because I really don't want to waste anymore of my life in an institution so fucking inept at performing it's one god damn job. Plus the whole, feeling like a fucking burden because they take every chance to complain how ungrateful I am for everything they do for me (even though I never ask them to, in fact I often argue against it).

But the worst of it is, they might win out in the end, because keeping things the same for another two years sounds better than being jobless with no hireable skills whatsoever and a non-existant life plan other than get the hell out of this shithole of a town.

I'm too tired to deal with this shit, I'm to tired to argue with them or be productive today, but I have to it seems, if I want to prove them wrong. So let's force ourselves to paint while barely keeping awake, yay!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #105801 on: June 30, 2016, 11:26:06 pm »

Trying to have a conversation with my mother is the most fucking irritating thing.

I still don't like my brother at all, but he is basically not even a problem anymore. He hardly speaks to me and is usually outside the house doing shit with his friends or his girlfriend, so he almost never bothers me anymore, although he still makes a point of acting like a dickhead when he gets the chance, his petty shit doesn't bother me in the short term anymore. At this point I'm just sick of him as a person and the shit he did to me once upon a time, and it's pretty much just my mother now. Even he is very visibly sick of her needless bullshit at this point, but it seems like every time someone attempts to explain the bullshit in question to her and get her to see why it's bullshit, she responds with some fake thing like "STOP GIVIN' ME ATITOOD" as if any attempt to get her to stop being such a nagging, selfish, manipulative person is some kind of huge insult to her. That's aside from having the power as a parent to stop my brother's douchebaggery, and instead just choosing to let him to everything that he ended up doing while either being too stupid to realise it was happening or just not bothering to make an effort to stop it because she just sort of didn't feel like it I guess.

On another note, I still have a really big soft spot for that girl who I've talked about on here for a pathetically long time, but at this point it seems like a better decision to never do dating and never try to get married or any of that other crap. Not because "Love will fuck you over eventually" or some other stupid thing like that, it just sounds like life will be so much easier if I can be on my own and do what I want instead of what someone else wants for a change. Having people to talk to would still be nice too.

The more I say shit like that the more I feel like a freak, and like I'm wasting some kind of opoortunity, but at the same time it just feels like all I really want.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #105802 on: July 01, 2016, 12:18:03 am »

I did poorly on my entrance exams and it's starting to look like I won't get into university this year.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #105803 on: July 01, 2016, 12:51:18 am »

I did poorly on my entrance exams and it's starting to look like I won't get into university this year.
That sucks.  Just out of random curiosity, which country do you live in?

For my sad, a chiropractor did an Xray of my neck and my spine's positioning is bad.  Like, really not what its supposed to be.  Its supposed to bend backwards in the neck region, instead its straight and tilted forwards.  This is why my upper back has been hurting even tho I'm in my twenties.  To fix it is going to require a LOT of visits to the chiropractor.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #105804 on: July 01, 2016, 12:57:32 am »

Just out of random curiosity, which country do you live in?
Finland. Most universities here are socialized, so there's no lack of competition in their entrance exams.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:59:04 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #105805 on: July 01, 2016, 03:15:54 am »

Didn't have the right papers with me. Now I need to take another trip.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105806 on: July 01, 2016, 03:22:56 am »

The conflict between the need to hold posters accountable for hostile behavior and the need to preserve free speech.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105807 on: July 01, 2016, 03:25:17 am »

Didn't have the right papers with me. Now I need to take another trip.
That is one of the things I dislike about item-based access control. :Hug:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105808 on: July 01, 2016, 03:32:59 am »

The conflict between the need to hold posters accountable for hostile behavior and the need to preserve free speech.
How is this a conflict?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105809 on: July 01, 2016, 06:02:41 am »

So let's force ourselves to paint while barely keeping awake, yay!

So I did that last night, for several hours. But, as it turns out, when you're too tired to think you might close the piece thinking you saved it, even though you didn't.

So that was a waste :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 7052 7053 [7054] 7055 7056 ... 8167