Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7051 7052 [7053] 7054 7055 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9433231 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105780 on: June 29, 2016, 05:32:35 am »

In the post woof world the only solution is to heat it with your pee.
Love, scriver~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105781 on: June 29, 2016, 06:16:45 am »

No hot water ;-;7

God of civilization had abondoned me/
Cold water is good. Join the cold water cult.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105782 on: June 29, 2016, 06:29:02 am »

Cat jumped through the door just as I was opening it. I kicked her, now she's scared of me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105783 on: June 29, 2016, 11:43:57 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:42:08 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #105784 on: June 29, 2016, 11:58:30 pm »

Just learned my supervisor gave me inaccurate information back in February.  It was likely ignorance rather than malice, but the primary net consequence is likely to cost me $3k in tuition benefits that I can ill afford. Given that the pay is so awful that I am barely breaking even after fuel costs and mandatory union fees are taken into account (and people wonder why I distrust unions, when all save one of my jobs have had mandatory union membership and mandatory union fees for no apparent benefits), not to mention safety equipment that I had to purchase out of pocket, this is also likely to have significant knock-on consequences if I cannot clean up this mess by fighting through not one, but two corporate bureaucracies who have no idea who I am beyond a faceless drone, no interest in who I am beyond a faceless drone, and both of which I suspect will be highly unwilling to shell out any more money than they must. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:00:21 am by Culise »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105785 on: June 30, 2016, 12:09:19 am »

Just learned my supervisor gave me inaccurate information back in February.  It was likely ignorance rather than malice, but the primary net consequence is likely to cost me $3k in tuition benefits that I can ill afford. Given that the pay is so awful that I am barely breaking even after fuel costs and mandatory union fees are taken into account (and people wonder why I distrust unions, when all save one of my jobs have had mandatory union membership and mandatory union fees for no apparent benefits), not to mention safety equipment that I had to purchase out of pocket, this is also likely to have significant knock-on consequences if I cannot clean up this mess by fighting through not one, but two corporate bureaucracies who have no idea who I am beyond a faceless drone, no interest in who I am beyond a faceless drone, and both of which I suspect will be highly unwilling to shell out any more money than they must.
Have you asked other Union members for aid?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105786 on: June 30, 2016, 12:11:23 am »

I kinda have a crush on someone...
He's really rad, he doesn't even know.  He's constantly pausing our game to talk to a bunch of girls he hangs out with.  He doesn't mute, he's too cool.

He acts gay a lot but he isn't actually even bi.
He's single now but still, hetero.
Fun to game with, though.
Urgh, those people are the worst.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105787 on: June 30, 2016, 12:14:26 am »

I was unable to take the hint and leave a person (who isn't Gamedragon by the way) alone when he was quite obviously tired. And I think he's kind of annoyed at me now.
If you were talking about me, I'm not annoyed.

Also, in relevant news, I am a couple hundred posts short of taking a spot in the top 10 posters (GWG-adjusted) in a year since my first post. 

@Rolan:Yeah, that does kinda suck, finding someone you like who can't like you back.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #105788 on: June 30, 2016, 12:26:10 am »

Have you asked other Union members for aid?
They're closely bound up in one of the bureaucracies I'll have to get past; it's not a closed shop because that would be illegal, but it's a point of pride for them that everyone in the company comes up through the lowest ranks, which means (because union membership is still mandatory) through union jobs.  I'm going to be making the first calls tomorrow through official channels, but I am not confident.  Technically, I was given dodgy information or wasn't given key information at all on hiring, but just as technically, I am still out of luck if they go by the letter of the regs.  I might try to approach the union reps if I can't get through formal channels or the people who originally hired me, but given how management would have come up through the very same union, I suspect the relationship there is more than a wee bit incestuous, metaphorically speaking.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:29:40 am by Culise »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105789 on: June 30, 2016, 01:03:05 am »

Really tired. Been really tired the past couple days. Still not going to sleep at reasonable times. It's 1 AM right now, for example. Meant to go to sleep 2 hours ago.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105790 on: June 30, 2016, 01:49:49 am »

Boy. I can't wait for another day of my problems being unimportant and being criticized for things that aren't my fault, no matter where I go. And all my coworkers sniping at eachother, talking shit behind eachother's backs and picking sides while simultaneously kissing ass as hard and fast as they can. And the prospect of my next check being gone almost as soon as I can cash it, because the shoulder and back pain from sleeping on an airbed is getting unbearable (not that anybody would like to hear about it because again, my problems are the littlest in the hierarchy of terrible shit). And the suggestion of "Just move out!" even though the few places that there are to live in this shithole are expensive as fuck just to even move in, let alone continue living in. And of course, if I ever want an apology from anybody, I get a lecture about how I need to sit down, shut the fuck up and listen, because everybody else's problems are bigger than mine, even when they're the same problem.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105791 on: June 30, 2016, 03:42:14 am »

Boy. I can't wait for another day of my problems being unimportant and being criticized for things that aren't my fault, no matter where I go. And all my coworkers sniping at eachother, talking shit behind eachother's backs and picking sides while simultaneously kissing ass as hard and fast as they can. And the prospect of my next check being gone almost as soon as I can cash it, because the shoulder and back pain from sleeping on an airbed is getting unbearable (not that anybody would like to hear about it because again, my problems are the littlest in the hierarchy of terrible shit). And the suggestion of "Just move out!" even though the few places that there are to live in this shithole are expensive as fuck just to even move in, let alone continue living in. And of course, if I ever want an apology from anybody, I get a lecture about how I need to sit down, shut the fuck up and listen, because everybody else's problems are bigger than mine, even when they're the same problem.
Who put you in this funk?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105792 on: June 30, 2016, 05:33:58 am »

Everybody. I go to work and we're out of something, yet nobody tells me until I ring it up. Or one of many small rules/details changes, and they don't bother to tell the crew, so I don't find out until the mistake is made. Or I try to confront somebody about leaving me with a totally filthy station with nothing stocked, and they just complain about how they were called in that day.

Then I come home and get complaints about anything that has stressed or inconvenienced my mother, sister or brother. Then check my Facebook and find somebody vaguebooking about me, yet I have to believe that it's not about me because otherwise the last of my high school friends that I trusted the most actually don't care about me. And if I try to tell them that I'm stressed and my body hurts and don't want to hear it, then I'm the pissy rude one because I don't want to listen to it for the fifteenth day in a row.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #105793 on: June 30, 2016, 07:18:22 am »

*Hugpats*  Seriously, hope you're doing something relaxing, that much stress in a day sucks. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105794 on: June 30, 2016, 08:16:45 am »

Yesterday, migraine so bad that I had to call in to work. Generally, if I'm calling in, things are VERY BAD. Today, still sick but working anyway.

Had a recent doctor's appointment. My xrays came back "interesting." Confirmation of spina bifida and pars defect. MRI on Friday to survey the extent of actual damage. Possible arthritic damage or severe spinal compression.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 7051 7052 [7053] 7054 7055 ... 8167