Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6939 6940 [6941] 6942 6943 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448168 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104100 on: April 09, 2016, 08:19:38 am »

@Vector:I'm late on getting here, so I don't know whatever it was, but *applies hugs*.  Hope you're feeling better.

@Truean:Again, stay safe...

@Cinder:I will just reiterate what others have said:If you want it, work for it.  I think you can do it.
Work for it, like the thousands of volunteer workers who have yet to solve world hunger?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104101 on: April 09, 2016, 08:27:02 am »

@Vector:I'm late on getting here, so I don't know whatever it was, but *applies hugs*.  Hope you're feeling better.

@Cinder:I will just reiterate what others have said:If you want it, work for it.  I think you can do it.
Work for it, like the thousands of volunteer workers who have yet to solve world hunger?
Yes and no.

They're kind of too local is the thing.

Solving world hunger needs a global approach.

So figure out how to do that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104102 on: April 09, 2016, 08:29:00 am »

The world isn't hungry, if it was hungry it wouldn't be so damn fat.
Look at how round it is!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104103 on: April 09, 2016, 08:38:05 am »

Someone mentioned that Hugh Jackman's singing sucked in Les Mis. Suddenly I'm doubting myself super hard since I made it through that film many times thinking the vocals were stellar. Listening to it again... I'm not sure if it's good or bad anymore. I'm kinda sad since Jackman is a great actor and he was proud of his singing in that film. How do I parse good singing from bad singing (excluding obvious garbage of course)?
Expose yourself to enough of anything an eventually you'll become a snob.
How do I know Hugh Jackman's singing isn't objectively bad and I just don't recognize it? If that's true then the person in question wouldn't be a snob, they'd just be more knowledgeable than me.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104104 on: April 09, 2016, 08:42:32 am »

Yes and no.

They're kind of too local is the thing.

Solving world hunger needs a global approach.

So figure out how to do that.
More intelligent people than me have failed.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104105 on: April 09, 2016, 08:50:08 am »

Just because someone else has failed doesn't mean you will.

Several leading minds thought heavier-than-air flight impossible.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104106 on: April 09, 2016, 09:55:34 am »

Quote from: Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #104107 on: April 09, 2016, 12:27:46 pm »

I keep wasting time on the internet. I keep meaning to stop. Then I do it again the next day.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104108 on: April 09, 2016, 12:33:28 pm »

I keep wasting time on the internet. I keep meaning to stop. Then I do it again the next day.
...Hi me.
Sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104109 on: April 09, 2016, 01:17:18 pm »

Someone mentioned that Hugh Jackman's singing sucked in Les Mis. Suddenly I'm doubting myself super hard since I made it through that film many times thinking the vocals were stellar. Listening to it again... I'm not sure if it's good or bad anymore. I'm kinda sad since Jackman is a great actor and he was proud of his singing in that film. How do I parse good singing from bad singing (excluding obvious garbage of course)?
Is Hugh Jackman a professional singer?

If not: Then his singing was great.

If he is: Then he could have done better.

I have not seen Les Mis but in these types of situations, it's as much what someone could be EXPECTED to do vs what they do, as it is about just what they do.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #104110 on: April 09, 2016, 02:41:25 pm »

I haven't seen it, but from listening to two of the songs, I can tell you that whilst his singing isn't perfect by a reasonable distance, saying it sucks is a gross exaggeration. He doesn't seem to get the notes precisely every time, which is probably the issue, but his timbre is good and his tuning is by and large actually very good. He holds the long notes well.

Is it career level singing? Maybe, probably not. Can Jackman be proud of it? Yeah, I'd say so.

Of course, I'm also an amateur. One from a highly musical family, with a very strong singer for a father and an excellent musician for a brother, but still an amateur.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104111 on: April 09, 2016, 03:06:46 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:46:16 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104112 on: April 09, 2016, 03:16:28 pm »

any of these people

Wait wait wait, Takeshi Kaga? As in the Chairman from Iron Chef?

I did not know that he was a Valjean. Or sang at all, for that matter. o.o!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #104113 on: April 09, 2016, 03:22:17 pm »

From what I've heard of the Les Mis film, I don't really care for the way the songs were... I don't know what the word is. Recomposed? Adapted? There's something about it that is really un-fun to listen to. I know literally nothing about music, so I can't describe it in any way that would make sense. If this performance were a somewhat fantastic epic, then the film version of the song sounds like the gritty realistic reboot. If that makes sense.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104114 on: April 09, 2016, 06:48:41 pm »

I find it funny that it would be easier to break both of my own legs and collect disability, than it would be to actually get a job, much less a call back from a job application.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 6939 6940 [6941] 6942 6943 ... 8167