Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6940 6941 [6942] 6943 6944 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447379 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104115 on: April 09, 2016, 06:50:51 pm »

I find it funny that it would be easier to break both of my own legs and collect disability, than it would be to actually get a job, much less a call back from a job application.
*hugpats*

I have nothing but luck to give you.  All the same, best of luck with your search...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #104116 on: April 09, 2016, 06:55:11 pm »

From what I've heard of the Les Mis film, I don't really care for the way the songs were... I don't know what the word is. Recomposed? Adapted? There's something about it that is really un-fun to listen to. I know literally nothing about music, so I can't describe it in any way that would make sense. If this performance were a somewhat fantastic epic, then the film version of the song sounds like the gritty realistic reboot. If that makes sense.

The actual play/concert/anniversary performance really was meant to be a treat for the ears.  The vocals and music is so good you can enjoy it without visuals, or actually any real understanding of the plot. 

The movie, for better or for worse, wanted to be a more complete package, meaning its really not possible to just enjoy the song renditions, one has to like the actors performances, the set design, everything else about it, to really enjoy the movie.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104117 on: April 09, 2016, 07:13:13 pm »

I find it funny that it would be easier to break both of my own legs and collect disability, than it would be to actually get a job, much less a call back from a job application.
*hugpats*

I have nothing but luck to give you.  All the same, best of luck with your search...

My college offers a career center of sorts, but so far its basically been a waste of time.  You upload files to them, but they have to be tiny (500kb) so for example I can't give employers my transcript because its literally 509kb.  My college also does't publish unofficial transcripts on their own because fuck my life, I guess.  They also ask for writing samples and cover letters, which would imply people look at what I give them before throwing it away because they have 40-50 more to look at.

They also had a career fair that was a pain in the ass to attend, but I guess was also just a waste of time because I got 0 attention from it, as usual.  It was like 75% tech related crap anyway, which I have no business with.

So here goes another year where my life literally goes nowhere and goes to waste, because once again nobody recognizes my existence.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104118 on: April 09, 2016, 07:54:04 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104119 on: April 09, 2016, 07:55:50 pm »

*hugs miauw*

I...Saw what you wrote.

There's someone out there.

I wish you the best of luck in finding them.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:02:00 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104120 on: April 09, 2016, 08:00:35 pm »

If you're one in a million, there's seven hundred thousand people just like you.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104121 on: April 09, 2016, 08:04:37 pm »

*hugs miauw*

I...Saw what you wrote.

there isnt

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104122 on: April 09, 2016, 08:05:25 pm »

Yes there is.

There are plenty of people who like nerdy/smart.
Sigtext

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104123 on: April 09, 2016, 09:12:06 pm »

*hugs miauw*

I...Saw what you wrote.

there isnt

As someone who didn't see that, but can guess...

So, either you know the minds of everyone on Earth and know perfectly what they would see in you.
Or you're being unrealistic to allow yourself a bit of perfectly normal but really unhelpful and self-destructive self-loathing.

Maybe don't make up the minds of other people for them about how they should see you, eh? :3

Try to love yourself even if it's hard, and be the best You you can possibly be. That's the only road to self satisfaction I know of, and from there you're best equipped to fulfill yourself, and be emotionally avaliable for another person.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104124 on: April 09, 2016, 09:24:55 pm »

And don't judge yourself in terms of significant other?  You ought to have self-respect, you've earned it.  Literally just from what I've seen, from your contributions in a single stupid project, I respect you far more than a typical person.

But just in general, relationships is a terrible metric for self-respect.  It's backwards.  Respect yourself, *then* go dating.  Not only are you more attractive, but the relationships you find are less likely to be dangerously unbalanced.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104125 on: April 09, 2016, 09:47:30 pm »

Personally, I'm terrible at both respecting myself and dating, so it sounds like you're at least doing better than I am :)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #104126 on: April 09, 2016, 11:01:25 pm »

Mah telleh broke :(

I am surprisingly less upset about that than I expected. But still, it will be either expensive to fix or expensive to replace. Bugger.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104127 on: April 10, 2016, 02:49:32 am »

Replacing it will probably be cheaper, unless it's something really simple. In which case it's faster to replace it.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #104128 on: April 10, 2016, 05:56:10 am »

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:29:19 pm by penguinofhonor »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #104129 on: April 10, 2016, 10:04:26 am »

Telleh is still under warranty!

Telleh could take up to three weeks to fix, including the time it takes for them to send out a box (3-5 business days) receive the box with broken telleh after we send it (?) fix and return the telleh (7-10 business days) and however long it takes for us to receive the box (?) with fixed telleh.

Damn. Guess I'll be getting more housework done than usual.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 6940 6941 [6942] 6943 6944 ... 8167