Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6858 6859 [6860] 6861 6862 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441094 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102885 on: March 11, 2016, 08:34:05 pm »

Or bi. Doubles your options.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102886 on: March 11, 2016, 08:40:59 pm »

I sometimes get this feeling, I mean, don't take me wrong, I am not going to kill myself even if simply out of spite, but sometimes I would want an accident to happen to me. Like, if I were to lose balance and fall on the tracks before incoming train I wouldn't even try to roll off I'd let a truck hit me or... something. I wouldn't actively try to stop my death, but... at least I'm not going to work actively towards it but I don't think I would mind a lot.
Hm, I know that feel. It's sort of the little brother of suicidal ideation - these days I start monitoring my thinking very closely if shit like that crops up. Happens to most people at some point or other, I guess, but it's not that far away from seriously ugly stuff.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102887 on: March 11, 2016, 09:24:41 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:28:10 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102888 on: March 11, 2016, 09:34:40 pm »

*becomes gay so parents will stop urging me to procreate*
*realize I actually am gay*
woops
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102889 on: March 11, 2016, 09:45:28 pm »

*becomes confused to maximize local confusion*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102890 on: March 11, 2016, 09:49:16 pm »

I sometimes get this feeling, I mean, don't take me wrong, I am not going to kill myself even if simply out of spite, but sometimes I would want an accident to happen to me. Like, if I were to lose balance and fall on the tracks before incoming train I wouldn't even try to roll off I'd let a truck hit me or... something. I wouldn't actively try to stop my death, but... at least I'm not going to work actively towards it but I don't think I would mind a lot.
Hm, I know that feel. It's sort of the little brother of suicidal ideation - these days I start monitoring my thinking very closely if shit like that crops up. Happens to most people at some point or other, I guess, but it's not that far away from seriously ugly stuff.

I know this feeling pretty well. It's hard to express how much I hate the idea of suicide, but at the same time I can never fully shake the feeling that there's nothing but solitude, failure, and misery in my future, and I have only myself to blame. This sort of thinking seems like a compromise between the two.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102891 on: March 11, 2016, 09:57:02 pm »

I still don't know if I threw myself in front of a truck or not.  >_>

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102892 on: March 11, 2016, 10:04:37 pm »

Japa?!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #102893 on: March 11, 2016, 10:06:53 pm »

Are you good Japa? Sounds like you need help from someone

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102894 on: March 11, 2016, 10:08:51 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:24:00 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102895 on: March 11, 2016, 10:13:31 pm »

That's pretty interesting, I wonder if that is what is called "intrusive thoughts". I have a fear of heights, and it's not caused by a feeling that I might accidentally fall off, but rather that I might purposefully fall off. I've learned that's very common among people that fear heights, I wonder if that's related, a common manifestation of those types of thoughts?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102896 on: March 11, 2016, 11:43:58 pm »

Are you good Japa? Sounds like you need help from someone
I'm okay, but I was pretty depressed for a while, and did consider throwing myself under a truck or train or whatever loads of times.

And then one day I'm driving my scooter out the gate at work, and then I'm in my Boss's car with my head bleeding, and I have no idea what happened in between.

Was it am accident? Was it deliberate?
I don't know if I'll ever know.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102897 on: March 12, 2016, 12:11:11 am »

I'm kinda bummed I can't sleep even though I got maybe 18 hours total since monday.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:34:50 am by HAMMERMILL »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102898 on: March 12, 2016, 01:57:34 am »

That's pretty interesting, I wonder if that is what is called "intrusive thoughts". I have a fear of heights, and it's not caused by a feeling that I might accidentally fall off, but rather that I might purposefully fall off. I've learned that's very common among people that fear heights, I wonder if that's related, a common manifestation of those types of thoughts?
Happens to a lot of people; oftentimes if you're getting a lot of them it's a symptom of built-up stress and such. It's not only limited up wondering about hurting yourself; for instance, when I see babies or on occasion elderly people, thoughts intrude upon my mind of 'what would it feel like if I just took their neck and snapped it?' Or stuff like that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102899 on: March 12, 2016, 07:19:43 am »

I'm a grown up. I have a decent job. Hell I'm a married man with no children... yet I can't fucking buy a game over the inernet without my government permission? Well not exactly buying a game. I can't buy anything in dollars or euros without asking my fucking communist government if they are in the mood to allow me to do so with the meager 300 bucks I'm allowed to expend yearly. And no they don't gift them away, you have to buy them with our local currency from them at a prettu hefty price.

I'm a men of few vices. I don't smoke anymore (quitted 10 years ago), and don't drink beyond the occasional beer or rum with my wife and friends. My only hobby are computer games. It tookme five years to save up for my computer and then a a lot of more saving waiting for sales to buy the games I dreamt off over the Internet. Because even when piracy is the norm here I don't wanna be part of it. I'm called a moron but I pay no attention,  I know thats the rigth thing to do.

This whole situation made I couldn't get Legacy of void, a game I awaited four years. And now is going yo make me miss Battlefleet Gothic Armada. A game I've been waiting literally for over teen years now, ever since I knew of the TT game.

I fucking hate this stupid government, that as you migth guessed simply said "lol no" while they are making regular trips to caribean islands to make the grocery shopping and buy yatchs and hummers....
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 6858 6859 [6860] 6861 6862 ... 8167