Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6735 6736 [6737] 6738 6739 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435505 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101040 on: January 21, 2016, 06:20:48 pm »

Listened to this.

Now I have this incredible urge to create something inspired by the song, but the issue is I can't, I've scrapped over a dozen sketches so far, every time it changes, and it's never good enough. It's maddening, like a god damn itch that you just can't reach to scratch.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101041 on: January 21, 2016, 07:39:23 pm »

Yesterday my dad apparently decided he'd given me enough time (we talk every Tuesday, but not about heavy stuff) and pressured me about a two-week vacation trip coming up.  Which was *fantastically* unlucky timing, though he couldn't have known.

I can't get into it but, my job and gaming with friends is something I desperately need more than ever.  It's maddening because I did *so well* at Thanksgiving, without even trying.  Then we went on a weekend vacation that had me screaming and being crazy in this thread (I deleted most of it), and then Christmas just completely shattered a year of progress and was massively embarrassing.

I finally managed to convince him it was just Christmas stress (which it largely was) so now he's trying to change my mind about this massive trip...

Anyway today was awful but I managed to focus on work and some mindless DOS games instead of drinking myself unconscious or anything like that.  Feeling a bit better now, finally went out walking and got some food.  Gonna direct this need for attention into my code project.  Keeping it together.  Casually chatting with friends helped.  So does venting.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #101042 on: January 21, 2016, 08:04:58 pm »

I just found out that I don't have ADD.

Turns out it's actually depression... Explains why I never finish or have interest in finishing anything.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101043 on: January 21, 2016, 08:35:12 pm »

I just found out that I don't have ADD.

Turns out it's actually depression... Explains why I never finish or have interest in finishing anything.

On the bright side, a proper diagnosis leads to proper treatment. Depression is shitty, but it's not unbeatable. I've lived with it for eleven years now and I'm still getting by.

If you ever need someone to talk to, just shoot me a pm. I'm usually lurking around here somewhere. (And this goes for anyone else who needs an empathetic ear.)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101044 on: January 21, 2016, 10:34:45 pm »

Ew.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101045 on: January 21, 2016, 11:01:53 pm »

I think I lost some brain cells while reading that. Please never interact with them again.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #101046 on: January 21, 2016, 11:49:01 pm »

"watch the three year old around my things" does not mean "fuck off in the other room and not watch her"

three year olds are not fucking predictable

now my thing is damaged and I have no idea what's wrong and how to fix it if it even is fixable

thanks fucks
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #101047 on: January 21, 2016, 11:59:34 pm »

asdfghjkl that's disgusting, I'm sorry you have to deal with that

I hope as they get older those people can learn more than simply blind hate but yeah for now :/// I support not associating with them too strongly if it can be helped

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101048 on: January 22, 2016, 12:07:25 am »

I think I lost some brain cells while reading that. Please never interact with them again.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101049 on: January 22, 2016, 02:03:05 am »

yo Caroline, all I can say is highschool fucking sucks and it's uphill from there

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101050 on: January 22, 2016, 02:04:14 am »

Meh, today was a day. One of our teachers wasnt there so we had to sit in one of the big halls, and I had to sit next to the dude I don't like again. Crush' teacher was also absent so she was also there but I didn't talk to her, which is also meh. Sort of wanted to find out if we can still interact normally but meh.

Also actually interacted with some girls today but still feel like shit? I'm just stuck in an awful fucking rut and i can't seem to get out

Might I suggest a group discussion section? If you're in the US, it shouldn't be too hard to sign up for group therapy with a provider. I've been through similar ruts and it helped me out.
I'm in therapy (not group therapy) but it's a new therapist and eugghhhh

My old therapist did suggest something like that though, and I'm considering it

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101051 on: January 22, 2016, 02:40:51 am »

all I can say is highschool fucking sucks and it's uphill from there
It's kinda funny to see adults complaining about students complaining about being a student because work and taxes is so much worse and they wish they could go back to school.
S'like, no, school isn't good, it just sucks less that adulthood. What you really want is to go back to preschool - that shit was awesome. Crayons, naps, easily digestible food, surrounded by stinky, dirty, noisy toddlers... wait hang on.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101052 on: January 22, 2016, 02:55:02 am »

Not a sad so much as an AUGHFRUSTRATED, but the TI-84 UI is awful.

Seriously, Texas Instruments should contract with Toady to improve their UI.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101053 on: January 22, 2016, 03:57:05 am »

My art had been garbage lately...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101054 on: January 22, 2016, 11:31:13 am »

So I'd planned on starting to fix my sleeping pattern last/tonight.
Unfortunately I dozed off at some point in the evening, slept for a couple hours or so and then couldn't get back to sleep. And then, just when I'd been lying there for a while and was finally starting to feel sleepy, my stomach started complaining at me. Now it's 2:31 AM, or 3:31 DST.

Guess I might as well get at least some sleep. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6735 6736 [6737] 6738 6739 ... 8167