Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6736 6737 [6738] 6739 6740 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431536 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101055 on: January 22, 2016, 11:49:37 am »

all I can say is highschool fucking sucks and it's uphill from there
It's kinda funny to see adults complaining about students complaining about being a student because work and taxes is so much worse and they wish they could go back to school.
S'like, no, school isn't good, it just sucks less that adulthood. What you really want is to go back to preschool - that shit was awesome. Crayons, naps, easily digestible food, surrounded by stinky, dirty, noisy toddlers... wait hang on.
No, see, what you WANT is to be rich enough that you don't HAVE to work, you can if you want to but if the stress becomes intolerable, you can tell them to fuck off.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101056 on: January 22, 2016, 12:32:30 pm »

Not a sad so much as an AUGHFRUSTRATED, but the TI-84 UI is awful.

Seriously, Texas Instruments should contract with Toady to improve their UI.

It's especially awful if you try to write anything with its built-on programming feature. Sure the language is pretty simple, but there's basically no documentation and you can only see 4-5 lines of code at a time.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101057 on: January 22, 2016, 12:39:43 pm »

yeah, the lack of documentation combined with the fact that things get exponentially less readable the deeper your ifs go makes it really awful.

I made a few things on it, and it's pretty bad :v

unfinished mario clone
program that's supposed to make all pixels on the graph fall down to the bottom. this might be the working version or it might be the broken version idk

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101058 on: January 22, 2016, 12:54:06 pm »

The if statements were pretty bad. I usually just had all the logic up at the top and used the goto function instead of putting the actual code in there to keep it readable. If I lost the paper that had all those listed I'd be screwed though, which is how I lost my partially finished trig program.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101059 on: January 22, 2016, 12:54:47 pm »

Comments?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101060 on: January 22, 2016, 01:07:26 pm »

Comments?
1. not supported
2. not enough screen space (you literally have 8x16 characters, and one column and one row are always taken up)
3. annoying to type on a calculator

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101061 on: January 22, 2016, 01:07:58 pm »

Not a sad so much as an AUGHFRUSTRATED, but the TI-84 UI is awful.

Seriously, Texas Instruments should contract with Toady to improve their UI.

It's especially awful if you try to write anything with its built-on programming feature. Sure the language is pretty simple, but there's basically no documentation and you can only see 4-5 lines of code at a time.

I did, yes. It didn't work. :V
Comments?

Boi, comments are for computational engines more recent than eighty-fo'.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101062 on: January 22, 2016, 03:45:30 pm »

Welp, no parachuting for me this year it seems. While it's pricey I could get the money, the issue is that I'd need to do so by next week, which isn't feasible.

Feh, I knew it was too good to be possible.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101063 on: January 22, 2016, 03:49:45 pm »

I just lost a significant chunk of my savings in a single week to unplanned expenses. Haven't felt this down in a while.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #101064 on: January 22, 2016, 03:52:00 pm »

Sometimes I look at my Amazon wishlist and think, "someone should give me thousands of dollars to buy a top-of-the-line library on some obscure subject."

Alas.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101065 on: January 22, 2016, 03:55:56 pm »

These hot cross buns have no fruit. What? Why no fruit? Who the hell wants fruit buns that don't have any fruit?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #101066 on: January 22, 2016, 04:48:25 pm »

I just lost a significant chunk of my savings in a single week to unplanned expenses. Haven't felt this down in a while.

Yeah, that sucks. The only solution to feeling bad about it that I've found is to basically assume that any large savings account will, without failure, have the universe find some way to drain it. By accepting this as inevitable you can go from feeling down about it to going 'Ah, that is what I was going to need that money for' and move on.

Not sure that's great advice but...it works for me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101067 on: January 22, 2016, 04:52:22 pm »

Yeah, that sucks. The only solution to feeling bad about it that I've found is to basically assume that any large savings account will, without failure, have the universe find some way to drain it. By accepting this as inevitable you can go from feeling down about it to going 'Ah, that is what I was going to need that money for' and move on.

Not sure that's great advice but...it works for me.
The problem is that at the moment I don't have any income to replace the lost savings.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #101068 on: January 22, 2016, 05:11:17 pm »

That does make it worse.

On the bright side, at least you had the money when you needed it. You'd be feeling even worse if something major came up and you not only didn't have an income to deal with it you also didn't have the savings.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101069 on: January 22, 2016, 05:47:58 pm »

Apparently Twitch has banned streams of Yandere Simulator. It was inevitable.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6736 6737 [6738] 6739 6740 ... 8167