Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6658 6659 [6660] 6661 6662 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435854 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99886 on: December 17, 2015, 12:40:58 pm »

I did this computing challenge thing today. I did absolute shite on it but that's alright, we can't all be winners. But what I did come away with is a banging headache from starting intently at a screen for 3 hours.
Ow.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99887 on: December 17, 2015, 07:48:28 pm »

There's going to be a Steam Christmas sale soon and my Paypal won't let me throw money at them.
I haven't updated the giveaway thread in ages.
The Vehicle Additions Pack also hasn't been updated in ages.
The mod I'm trying to make for Starsector still has a lot of work needing to be done.
Internet is being horribly slow.

I'm in a slump, I know there's lots of things to do, but when I finally have time to do it; I feel blah.

I have no idea how coders manage to do this day after day.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99888 on: December 17, 2015, 08:06:20 pm »

As I go to retouch on some of my old projects, I'm feeling somewhat nostalgic over forum-times of the past. I've had some pretty good times here, but I miss them. I left some things alone for too long, or other people moved on. I guess I've since had some fun times on the lower boards. But I don't think I've ever quite recaptured the fun of some earlier things.
Same feelings shared here :-\ I'm very glad I can feel and recall what I first felt upon visiting and reading what others have done here, and looking at what I've done too, in...comparison.

It's a motivation to do better, and to learn from...as constructive as I see it. Especially when you consider the full situation on 'why' this happened in examining yourself. My tiny sad here is that I lack online time recently, but am busy writing and reading offline.

Still will have fun times here, considering those present :D

But argh, brevity in me posting x-x
I'd love to restart my island game or the Halfway Haus, but I just don't have the time to invest.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99889 on: December 17, 2015, 08:08:45 pm »

Elaborating on stuff...

I guess I'll get over it... it's hard. Getting over shit is much easier when you have a certain moment where I just asked and she said no, like last time. It was obvious to just let it rest and get over it, even if I felt sorta shitty.

With this it's different. I don't have any form of confirmation, there's no certainty. The only thing that's obvious for me to do is get confirmation, but just straight asking her doesn't seem like a good idea for a wide variety of reasons. So it's been on my mind for well over a week and I still don't know shit. At first I still sort of tried to find out but that quickly stopped because everything felt so damn awkward.
So now I don't even really know what I'm feeling.

And hell, even if I did get over it, there's still at least one class left with her and thats still a lot of potential awkwardness and worry. What do you even do in a situation like that?
I wish I had had therapy last week or this week. Not until January. No chance to untangle this mess anytime soon.

E:
Also, can't really seem to think positive lately. If I try to think back to when things did go well I end up at some previous conversations with my crush which were pretty nice but the next thought is usually something shitty because of that.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:11:50 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99890 on: December 17, 2015, 09:27:56 pm »

is there any possible outcome of asking that's actually worse than your current situation?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #99891 on: December 17, 2015, 09:49:11 pm »

We get paid lots of money to do it. (Or we don't get paid anything at all, and are frantically looking for someone who will pay us to do it before we succumb to despair :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99892 on: December 17, 2015, 09:51:42 pm »

FF6 is out on Steam, but it's apparently the version designed for mobile phones. Don't... don't ask me how that makes sense. I have no answer.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99893 on: December 17, 2015, 10:03:20 pm »

We tend to mood a lot.  That's why our hygiene is so bad.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #99894 on: December 17, 2015, 10:19:13 pm »

FF6 is out on Steam, but it's apparently the version designed for mobile phones. Don't... don't ask me how that makes sense. I have no answer.

IT's the same as FFV, which was released recently. It isn't precisely the iOS/Android version, but is based on it. Probably because they already redid the sprites and other assets to look tolerable at higher resolutions. They're somewhat inferior to the original graphics, but better than those graphics look with a scaling filter.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99895 on: December 17, 2015, 11:15:42 pm »

Aye. I'll probably wind up buying it anyway, just to see if the interface is okay (that is, keyboard-based instead of point-and-click with the sort of large-button aesthetic you see in mobile games). Ah well. Worst case, it's still better'n nothing.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99896 on: December 18, 2015, 03:03:07 am »

I want my PPD to make it over 10 but I can never think of enough stuff to post about. :-\
I mean, I could always just complain about my life in general all day long, there's plenty of material there, but that gets boring after a while. There's the drunk thread that I can post in, although I am low on booze at the moment (thus ruling out a Drunk Fortress turn), the music thread (although sadly the Heavy Metal thread seems to have died off a bit) and Einsteinian Roulette... I would join more RTDs/forum games but I always lose interest in those these days.

Hrm, I should really make a post in the 'What are you reading' thread, I've been meaning to do that for a few days after finishing my last book. Other than that, maybe I should start updating one or more of my RTDs again, or start a new one... should probably start posting more regularly in Other Games, like the 'how did you last die/own' threads.
Need to improve my shitposting skills.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99897 on: December 18, 2015, 03:08:38 am »

I stayed up until 2 AM browsing internet again.

I need to stop doing this. Maybe I can find a solution to this problem while browsing the internet.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99898 on: December 18, 2015, 03:09:11 am »

Need to improve my shitposting skills.
Shitposting requires no skill but the lack of skill to produce worthwhile posts, and the determination to spread your shit across the internet

Welcome to my life
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99899 on: December 18, 2015, 03:10:35 am »

I am not used to wearing hats. I need to improve my hat-wearing abilities. :(

Welcome to my life
Somehow, I don't think that is a new or unfamiliar experience for any of us...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6658 6659 [6660] 6661 6662 ... 8167