Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6633 6634 [6635] 6636 6637 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441755 times)

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99510 on: December 05, 2015, 10:24:01 pm »

Yeah I know how it sounds. But to be honest it does have at least a basis in reality for other reasons for her.

She doesn't really know anyone who can be with her later in the day. Or anyone that's sorta mutually creative with her like Shad0wdump and Workerdrone were. The biggest problem we realized we have together is I'm no where near as social as her, I need time. I can't be talking to someone all hours of the day. She needs people pretty much to be there to help her not be stuck alone in her head. And well... I've tried. I just can't do it. I get too tired out and she realizes, then she doesn't even let me try anymore.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99511 on: December 05, 2015, 11:35:22 pm »

Jeez, I know that feeling. Try not to feel bad about being yourself and getting pushed away, you've spent a long time trying to help.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #99512 on: December 06, 2015, 12:22:29 am »

@Tiruin, sorry about the uncle thing, and sorry about being late about it :V Also good luck with the exams.
Thanks Jopax c: You and everyone else caring is very :)
I just discovered by a relative that he has his own wikipedia page (which is filled with awesomeness)--and I'm sadder today, because while my parents are able to go visit and attend the public viewing (not private viewing anymore because of communication + distance issues >_>), I am not. Because today is Sunday. Tomorrow is exam day. Parents will also be away until Wednesday because of visiting niece (who is sick :'( ).
So I'm unable to see him...is all my sads are. :/ And exams. But meow. x_x
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:28:55 am by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99513 on: December 06, 2015, 12:30:03 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99514 on: December 06, 2015, 12:58:15 am »

Lost 5 hours of work on a very important powerpoint doing the last slide because I didn't save. Can't recover it either.

How I feel right now after that:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99515 on: December 06, 2015, 01:28:22 am »

That is truly the saddest pikachu :<

* Sirus loads the shotgun
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99516 on: December 06, 2015, 02:13:34 am »

@Owlga

it may be that you are not a good match for one another, and one way or another i am sad for both of you because having to realize that and work through it is a painful thing to have to do for everyone involved

that said, i can't bring myself to believe that you are in any way the worst thing to have happened to her

and i certainly don't buy that a romantic incompatibility reflects badly on you as a person, either

you are who you are, and if nothing else that means you care deeply about at least one person and work hard to help them. you can feel good about that, even if you're also sad that there will never be a point when you could say, "okay, depression's solved, now i can relax". it's important to be fair enough to realize that a lot of suffering in the world is nobody in particular's fault, and the fact that you happen to be nearby doesn't change that.

you should feel exactly as bad about your need for alone time as gunner-chan should about her depression, which is to say there is no shame in being saddled with personality traits that make you ill-suited for what you wish you could do
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #99517 on: December 06, 2015, 06:12:01 am »

So I listened to a podcast that I shouldn't have and am now terrified of going to sleep, does anyone have any tips for me for actually getting to sleep and not being terrified? My current plan is just to stay awake listening to comedy podcasts and the like till I fall asleep.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99518 on: December 06, 2015, 07:18:16 am »

Ugh... I'm supposed to go to work tomorrow, for no actual gain.
Hopefully I'll at least get paid in the morning so I can buy some iced coffee on the way there. Guess I should get some sleep so I have plenty of energy to waste accomplishing nothing tomorrow. ::)
I might end up having to stay and work with my father for a while to make an actual substantial amount of money.

...Sorry for rambling. I guess I am rather tired.

Edit: @Gamedragon: Just read/listen to more scary stuff? Relish the terror?
I usually find that sort of feeling rather enjoyable, a bit of an adrenaline rush when you really let your imagination run wild.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99519 on: December 06, 2015, 08:06:53 am »

I rather hate being in love.

This is mostly at this particular moment, when the bitter part of the bitter/sweet paradigm comes into play.

Fuuuuuuuuck. I very much dislike going through most of the downsides of this emotion without experiencing the things that make it really worthwhile.
Actually that's only mostly true. Small things still count. Things that can be put firmly in the realm of friends and not misinterpreted.
Small actions, words, stuff like that. Inconsequential really. Yet when I look back at them in my memory, I shudder in want and affection and disgust towards myself. And I pretend it isn't taking place on the surface. I'm very good at pretending, no doubt about that, probably the best in the surrounding several miles at least, but I've been doing it for so long now. I get weary.

And it just gets harder the longer I do it. I'm getting worse all the time. I can go through the instances in retrospect where my facade slips just slightly and I express a fraction more affection than would theoretically be socially appropriate for a friend. They're increasing as the months go on, and the degree of the slips is getting worse.

It's ... the emotion I'm suppressing and internally screaming at myself to not feel/let show is unequivocally good from most perspectives. Affection, caring, excessive fretting over her condition, unnecessary devotion, enjoyment of her company... you can't outright say that those are bad, harmful things, and most people would likely call them good on their moral scales. But they fucking hurt from lack of reciprocation - not even really that, actually; the fact that I'll never be able to receive what I feel for her back to me obviously sucks, but it's more that I can't even safely express it. It feels like I'm a garbage bag with stuffed animal dolls shoved into it until the seals are straining and ready to explode. Sometimes it even translates into the physical and my heart - the actual organ, not metaphor - literally feels like it's going to leap out of my chest. Physical ache.

Probably has to do with how secret I'm keeping this. Only other person that knows is a relative of mine who knows me so well she knew I was in love before I did. Everyone else got no damn clue and I have to keep it that way but when it gets too much I just want to shout my lungs out and let everyone know what I feel. But that's not gonna happen, my walls of self-control are too thick. I mean, I got drunk as shit for the first time tonight and not once did I even come close to confessing. Didn't even let it get to my lips, let alone past them. I'm sure there's going to be situations in the future that test my resolve far more thoughrouly than that, but there aren't many.

It affects almost every aspect of my life too, which is the worst part of it. I can't listen to much if any music because almost every fucking song is a love song and my brain is all too eager to interpret those cases that could be argued as a maybe as a yes. Work sucks because her and I work at the same place except now we're on different shifts so all I can really do with my mind while I go on autopilot is pine for the times when I actually fucking had fun at that place which is now so bitter to my mind. Every place I go I can recall having been to with her and the memory stings me. Going on social media is obviously a slow drag over a fire because I can constantly see her portrait just tempting me to go say something really fuckijg stupid. Even a lot of the food I eat nowadays I started eating on her recommendation, and from time to time I realize that and lose all my appetite. Only two things really have any freedom from her influence, I think. One is forums like these, which I mostly hang around the fictional sections on because if I go to the real life segments you get sprawling rants like this. In the myriad worlds others and I create and inhabit I can escape the unfortunate reality I'm in for scant hours. The other thing is karate, in which I can really just hone my mind down to a sharp blade focused solely on one task, that of physical self-improvement. When I'm training, all that matters is perfecting the moves I need to practice, to push myself to do just one more burpee or keep the form of my jumping jacks perfect or get better snap on the punches - I'm merely an instrument slowly getting closer to perfection rather than an unfortunate fool stuck in an unrequited love that he can't get out of or relieve by expressing to anyone because telling anyone at all would blow the cover of it because it'd spill to people little by little and she knows so many people she'd find out inevitably and then I don't fucking know what the fukcing fuck would happen. Would she hate me for ingratiating myself so thoughrouly with her despite feeling the way I do? Would she feel the surprised and confused pity I've postulated I'd likely feel were our situations reversed? Would she not care?

The possibility that frightens me the most is that she might reciprocate. It's the most infentisimal possibility there is, but it's there, even if only in the most far-flung depths of theory.
But if she did ... she loves someone else already. Has for three times longer than I've even known her. And that infinitesimally theoretical reciprocation would tear that love deeply, possibly even break it. What fucking right do I have to even contemplate indirectly damaging something like that? To want for that to happen?

Because I do. I shun it with all my conscious and as much of my unconscious mind as I'm able to but in the back of my mind I know there's a part of me that wants for that to happen so I can be with her, even though that's not really how it would play out at all. That part of me disgusts me to even contemplate but I can't suppress that faint shudder of want when I contemplate the possibility.

It's the trouble with emotions like these. They feel so damn fucking good when they work that they blind you to the negative repercussions of things. 

Why couldn't I have just not fallen in love with her? That's actually a fucking stupid-ass rhetorical question, I know exactly why the seeds of infatuation got planted as readily as they did. I met her approximately at the time when my infatuation for another girl was fading away, creating room for opportunity. I had no friends at the time and through talking at work that expanded to talking outside of work she went and hung out with me with no real preamble. I was befuddled, I hadn't actually gone and interacted with a friend outside of work or school for about 4 years at that point. So I was blindsided by what I now see was just the friendliness she possesses but perceived as ... I don't know what I perceived it as. I just know that I appreciated it immensely and the process of falling for her started from there, just as I was resolving to not go through that shit again. But how could I not? There's ... it's ... I couldn't not. Even in hindsight I don't see any way for me to have become friends with her and not fallen for her behind completely unpredictable variables.

Feels good to vent. Even though it ain't gonna fix it at all, it'll prevent me from punching my own self-esteem any lower into the dirt.

In case you guys couldn't tell, Xantalos got drunk tonight and because of the minor slip in his mental discipline that resulted from that is now spewing forth a wave of repressed feels. It's an unfortunate process, and I'm sorry y'all had to witness it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99521 on: December 06, 2015, 11:25:36 am »

http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/norwegian-govt.-seizes-5-children-from-parents-for-alleged-christian-indoct

You know... it is times like these I really wish I could trust the news to give me the full story.

Because reading it I always go "Well this sounds tragic, but knowing internet news they probably left something out like their version of Christianity involves eating babies or something and they are leaving it out because a ban on religion sounds more evil"

---

Another depression caused panic attack... UGH!!!

Depression attacks and depressive panic attacks LOVELY!!!

See now to anyone who says to a depressed person 'just get over it' remember... you don't have to deal with random onset of emotional distress brought on by nothing.

You don't wake up in the morning, brush your teeth, and then cry for no reason... Unless you are pregnant or on hormone therapy... I guess.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99522 on: December 06, 2015, 11:33:01 am »

I'm not losing sleep over that until it's verified by something other than "churchmilitant.com".
One of the officials reportedy (SIC) said to Ruth, "The kids don't even miss you. What kind of parents are you?"
Gee, I wonder who "reported" that tidbit.
Basically some hardcore Christians got accused of child abuse, and they're claiming it's a religious issue.  I hope the truth comes out, whichever way, but either way they're already martyrs.  Lovely.

Apparently this site has a tendency of closing comments after three days, too.  Like they're afraid of new facts coming out and confusing their narrative.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99523 on: December 06, 2015, 11:51:43 am »

I'm not losing sleep over that until it's verified by something other than "churchmilitant.com".
One of the officials reportedy (SIC) said to Ruth, "The kids don't even miss you. What kind of parents are you?"
Gee, I wonder who "reported" that tidbit.
Basically some hardcore Christians got accused of child abuse, and they're claiming it's a religious issue.  I hope the truth comes out, whichever way, but either way they're already martyrs.  Lovely.

Apparently this site has a tendency of closing comments after three days, too.  Like they're afraid of new facts coming out and confusing their narrative.
This just reeks of reflexive hate for Christians, but I'll indulge you.

After a quick google search...
http://www.wnd.com/2015/12/norway-seizes-kids-over-familys-christian-indoctrination/

and here's the Norwegian source
http://www.mhskanland.net/page2/page295/page295.html

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #99524 on: December 06, 2015, 12:01:01 pm »

The linked article appears to be some kind of sensationalist tabloid
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6633 6634 [6635] 6636 6637 ... 8167