Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6631 6632 [6633] 6634 6635 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438495 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99480 on: December 05, 2015, 12:34:26 pm »

Happy birthday, IronTomato.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99481 on: December 05, 2015, 12:35:57 pm »

Also, there are no bars around here.
What hellish place do you live in? And how do you get internet access there?

Well, never mind that. I presume that there's no local clubs/social groups you're interested in (though it won't hurt for you to check), so my only advice would be for you to check out roll20 and make some skype friends.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99482 on: December 05, 2015, 01:13:58 pm »

Also, there are no bars around here.
What hellish place do you live in? And how do you get internet access there?

Well, never mind that. I presume that there's no local clubs/social groups you're interested in (though it won't hurt for you to check), so my only advice would be for you to check out roll20 and make some skype friends.
I don't have internet except for my phone. It's for that reason that I also can't use Skype.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99483 on: December 05, 2015, 01:18:30 pm »

You can use Skype but I think it uses data.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99484 on: December 05, 2015, 01:26:29 pm »

You don't say? I'm trying to say that it would use way too much.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99485 on: December 05, 2015, 01:28:46 pm »

You can use Skype but I think it uses data.
It probably does, plus I think it uses minutes if you call a real phone.  Thanks to deals enforced by the carriers  ::)

... So my laptop is still grinding maddeningly, except I've learned that if I strike it just right it quiets down for a few minutes.  Sometimes.
I have to strike it pretty hard though.  This is a really perverse incentive.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99486 on: December 05, 2015, 01:58:26 pm »

Maybe it's just into that sort of stuff, but is afraid to admit it openly. Have you tried talking about the issue?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99487 on: December 05, 2015, 04:54:29 pm »

Haha no I don't talk to my laptop haha what a silly motion <. < >.>

Saw a very memorable and friendly young lady who I recognized from a vegan fast food joint nearby. The vegan place closed a year ago, today I saw her working at Wendy's. Not that she's necessarily vegan, but she didn't seem as happy ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99488 on: December 05, 2015, 06:00:54 pm »

Meh. I always end up typing these things on my phone. Not that it really matters, I type to arrange my thoughts so I go slow anyway.

This is going to be a bit of a story I guess. You can skip the first paragraph, maybe? Anyway... So I went to school Friday, my best friend is ill so he's not there, and I didn't manage to talk to my crush before my finals because she was standing with a few other girls, I decided to do it but went to the toilet first for... some reason? Anyway, when I came out the group had like tripled in size and I just went nope.

After the finals, I left the classroom where we have finals and walked down the hall, prepared to awkwardly wait for my crush outside. She was also done so I met her in the hall, though.
We talked a bit, and once we were outside some other girl and another dude joins the conversation.
First of all, I immediately have trouble not falling out of the conversation. Also... The dude and my crush just sort of become the people who are talking. Other girl leaves at some point, she's not very important here. So this dude and my crush are talking. I don't really see a point to become part of the conversation, and from the things said I assume that this is my crush 's bf. Which is pretty fucking awful for me. It might be a little clichéd but a punch to the face describes it pretty well. I just went home.

My problem right now is that I'm not even sure. I would goddamn love to be sure she has a bf, but all I have is this conversation and some other very, very circumstantial evidence. I WAS sure, but when I calmed down a little doubts started appearing. I have no clue what I'd do if this turns out not to be the case.

Ugh, at least I'm reasonably sure my best friend knows, since he did mention my crush talks to this dude a lot. (This is also the source of my doubt, but w/e). Don't really feel like carrying that conversation over texts, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99489 on: December 05, 2015, 07:09:57 pm »

you know there is one source who is guaranteed to know if he's her boyfriend and whom you're on friendly terms with

don't try to optimize your chances of winding up with her

it's a highly unoptimal decision

ask if she's seeing anybody
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99490 on: December 05, 2015, 08:26:36 pm »

Internet's going to be off for a while for an undetermined amount of time. I was all wound up to work on my video... and now I won't be able to track my time to get paid, because the time-tracking app needs an Internet connection. I hate Charter so much.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #99491 on: December 05, 2015, 08:59:35 pm »

So me and Gunner-poi after a long rocky time have come to the conclusion that we really aren't what the other is looking for...

I've been trying to process this since it came out a few days ago. Especially since I realized it is honestly true.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99492 on: December 05, 2015, 09:03:24 pm »

D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99493 on: December 05, 2015, 09:04:32 pm »

The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #99494 on: December 05, 2015, 09:05:28 pm »

I mean... I'm still gonna be the best friend I can be for her. But...

I don't know. I thought what we had was working and it felt so nice when it did. And now things just feel so... Empty now that it's like this.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.
Pages: 1 ... 6631 6632 [6633] 6634 6635 ... 8167