Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6547 6548 [6549] 6550 6551 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453695 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98220 on: October 24, 2015, 07:09:43 am »

More SEGA blues.
Was reading up on Warhammer:Total War, a game I've been really looking forward too.
Have found out a few sad things.
1. Four races available from the beginning, with a fifth available as a pre-order bonus DLC.
Meaning that the leftover nine or so races are going to be DLC, as a SEGA standard.

2. This game is the first installment in a three-game-trilogy, two standalone expansion packs coming out afterwards. Which is probably gonna be more money for less umpha later on.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98221 on: October 24, 2015, 07:42:44 am »

I'm really engrossed in the book I'm reading and I want to know what happens next, but at the same time I should really go to sleep. Also, it's almost finished, and if I finish it now then I won't be able to relax pleasantly in the sun reading it tomorrow... what a dilemma.

I guess sleep is probably the best choice here. Especially since I have a headache.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98222 on: October 24, 2015, 07:55:44 am »

Rants of muh parents about 82 average score in exams being too low, really, this was 3 years ago and you still whine.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98223 on: October 24, 2015, 11:25:43 am »

So I was invited over by a friend I never get to see anymore

So I got a message it was for Saturday... and I thought yesterday was Thursday...

So I have horrible insomnia and when I looked at the date and saw it was Friday (at around 11pm) I was like "Ohh my goodness, I better get some sleep soon"...

So I ended up getting no sleep and thus I am too tired to drive safely and thus I can't go... For the third time in a row... for the same reasons...

I was planning on tiring myself out on Friday in advance so try to sleep... >_<

I am not emotionally distraught right now (being really tired drains me... making me either emotionless or less aware of my emotions) but I know I'll be in a terrible mood tomorrow.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98224 on: October 24, 2015, 11:51:12 am »

All you people talking about friends and there's just me over here in the corner... :'(

Because the one friend who had stayed with me for almost 6 years decided it was a good idea to aggressively try and have sex with me when I went to his place to get away from my parents...
:(
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #98225 on: October 24, 2015, 11:55:41 am »

All you people talking about friends and there's just me over here in the corner... :'(

Because the one friend who had stayed with me for almost 6 years decided it was a good idea to aggressively try and have sex with me when I went to his place to get away from my parents...
:(

May smites rain upon him.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98226 on: October 24, 2015, 11:58:13 am »

That sucks Neonivek, sleep troubles are the worst...  At least you did the right thing by not driving.  I hope you get a sleep schedule back soon.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98227 on: October 24, 2015, 02:25:23 pm »

Hey, I also have no friends, it's not too baaaa-

What in the hell. That's pretty bad.

I just lost friends because no one kept in contact after high school graduation a year ago. Guess my best friends didn't think of me as a best friend. Bit of a bummer now that I think about it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98228 on: October 24, 2015, 04:06:40 pm »

I just lost friends because no one kept in contact after high school graduation a year ago. Guess my best friends didn't think of me as a best friend. Bit of a bummer now that I think about it.

It happens. Most of my friends from high school went into the service and I almost never hear from any of them nowadays, though some of them held on until fairly recently it was always me that initiated. The same thing happened last year when most of my friends went to the University's attached teaching hospital, while I remain on main campus. It is sad, but not unexpected. Distance and work eventually erodes even the best.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98229 on: October 24, 2015, 06:15:10 pm »

So I ended up getting no sleep and thus I am too tired to drive safely and thus I can't go..
Caffeine?
I mean, if I'm too tired I do the same thing, but it's an excuse I use for friends, not work, and when I have to get to work, I use caffeine.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98230 on: October 24, 2015, 06:19:32 pm »

So I was invited over by a friend I never get to see anymore

So I got a message it was for Saturday... and I thought yesterday was Thursday...

So I have horrible insomnia and when I looked at the date and saw it was Friday (at around 11pm) I was like "Ohh my goodness, I better get some sleep soon"...

So I ended up getting no sleep and thus I am too tired to drive safely and thus I can't go... For the third time in a row... for the same reasons...

I was planning on tiring myself out on Friday in advance so try to sleep... >_<

I am not emotionally distraught right now (being really tired drains me... making me either emotionless or less aware of my emotions) but I know I'll be in a terrible mood tomorrow.

Still, good on you for not driving when you think it wouldn't be safe. I know far too many who would drive regardless...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #98231 on: October 24, 2015, 08:36:18 pm »

So the three days I just spent modding Skyrim back up? FUCKIN WASTED. Still too laggy to be playable in any shape or form, so NO FUCKING GODDAMN FUN FOR BFEL EVER AGAIN...

And if Skyrim is like this whats Fallout 4 gonna be like? PROBABLY UNPLAYABLE. BECAUSE MY COMPUTER IS NOW SHIT.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98232 on: October 24, 2015, 09:36:44 pm »

Well, I finished reading my book and the last chapter has left me feeling hollow.
The author is certainly talented at fucking with the reader's emotions. I think I'm going to go curl up and sleep/cry now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98233 on: October 24, 2015, 10:16:34 pm »

Still, good on you for not driving when you think it wouldn't be safe. I know far too many who would drive regardless...

It is the promise I made myself that I won't drive unless I've slept that day.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98234 on: October 24, 2015, 10:31:16 pm »

And don't worry about the virgin thing, that's super normal and super-underrepresented (because everyone is embarrassed about it).  Depending on what counts as sex I'm either still a virgin or I was at 20.  Plenty of people are like that.
I saw a facebook post a while ago with some kid saying "if you're 14 and haven't lost your virginity you should just kill yourself". It's weird. I don't get why sex is supposed to be so important.

So he's okay with me studying in Canada.
Oh hey that's cool. Hopefully everything goes well for you over there.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:34:41 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6547 6548 [6549] 6550 6551 ... 8167