Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6493 6494 [6495] 6496 6497 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449867 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97410 on: September 23, 2015, 05:04:31 am »

Cat died. Goodbye you fucking ridiculous animal.

:( Sorry for your loss

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97411 on: September 23, 2015, 06:27:07 am »

Suddenly stomach cramps.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97412 on: September 23, 2015, 02:20:23 pm »

Well, cursive is unnecessary effort, which can be translated into sincerity or sentimentality.
So love letters, invites or redundancy papers mean more when they're hand-written well.
No offense, but I'd much rather receive something that I can actually read than something that looks pretty. Studies have shown that there are and have been consistently huge benefits in legibility through the use of print instead of cursive. Words are useless unless you can understand them, after all, and just because something is in print doesn't necessarily mean that it can't look sophisticated.

As for older skills, personally I just look at it as a simple cost/benefit thing.
Is the estimated cost of skill > estimated chance skill would be used * estimated amount of time/effort skill would save?
Yes -> Put it in the queue of things to learn
No -> Don't learn it

Then pick whatever skills have the best cost/benefit ratios and learn those first.

Things like abacus use don't rate a high enough cost/benefit ratio to learn, compared to other things like learning more about computer programming or mobile app development.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #97413 on: September 23, 2015, 02:27:56 pm »

Saw a... very close friend two days ago and had some fun times with her for the first time in several months. A pretty welcome reunion.

Now she's disappeared again. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #97414 on: September 23, 2015, 02:43:09 pm »

If you're disappointed kids these days only know how to use modern technology, just pretend they're preparing for a time when those skills are unnecessary so people romanticize them. "Oh my god, you know how to work a cash register? That's so quaint! I'd be helpless without the Auto-Cashier 3000. I wish people nowadays would put time into learning a dying art like cash handling."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97415 on: September 23, 2015, 03:30:36 pm »

Just here for my monthly post to the sad thread.

I'm considering moving into my own apartment, and I'd say there's a good chance I may find an affordable hole in a wall for a single guy with a technically part time job. I'm anxious though, that I'd simply be carrying over all my emotional baggage and loneliness over to this new domicile and just rot away by myself. THE PLAN is to use the place as a springboard to finally be my own independent person and make solid changes in my life, but I just don't know if anything will come of it, and I'll be forced to conclude that my life is worthless.

Cause that's just what it boils down to, life has been extremely unfulfilling and stressful for these 26 years of my life, and it only promises to get harder and more painful as time goes on. Struggling through it as aimlessly as I have been, I'm certain that I should have never been born, cause my life has been pointless so far.

I'm just hoping that the extremely slow changes I'm making produce fruit, that's the hope I'm forcing myself to believe in.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97416 on: September 23, 2015, 03:45:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My attempt to defend cursive writing goes awry mid-creation.

Cursive is beautiful. Cursive is important. Please keep cursive alive – it is an invaluable piece of cultural heritage!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97417 on: September 23, 2015, 04:08:33 pm »

Thanks for making me feel better about my pretty bad handwriting :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97418 on: September 23, 2015, 04:35:18 pm »

Someone go make a Share Your Handwriting thread.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #97419 on: September 23, 2015, 04:38:50 pm »

Be warned, for if you collect enough bad handwriting in one place you might summon something wicked and vile.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97420 on: September 23, 2015, 04:51:22 pm »

Be warned, for if you collect enough bad handwriting in one place you might summon something wicked and vile.
If you collect any bad handwriting you have already summoned something wicked and vile in the eye when you 'read' it. Eye strain
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #97421 on: September 23, 2015, 07:54:45 pm »

Feeling kinda down today. Feels like something is missing from my life. Nothing specific, but something nontheless. Probably just dysphoria.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #97422 on: September 23, 2015, 07:59:57 pm »

Been unable to keep up with the forums for the longest time now, health seems to be failing somewhat, I don't seem to be doing anything meaningful with my time due to that + tiredness/apathy (physical pain is a p huge demotivator, turns out). I hate lying around all day, and I fear I'm still going to be in debilitating pain by the time classes start again.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #97423 on: September 23, 2015, 09:35:45 pm »

It's not like it's impossible to get off without it.
Just don't drop the soap. (Don't drop the soap baby~ Don't knock the soap over~)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97424 on: September 23, 2015, 09:41:35 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:15:12 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6493 6494 [6495] 6496 6497 ... 8167