Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6320 6321 [6322] 6323 6324 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448531 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94815 on: July 01, 2015, 11:26:03 am »

STUPID SERPENTINE BELT HOW DO YOU FUNCTION?!!

Should not have to replace any car part 3 times in three days, this is ridiculous.
Get the wrong make of belt?
Not necessarily, though the proposed fix IS a different type of belt.
Basically all of Chrysler's 2002-2006 vans have this belt in a messed up design or somesuch, the type of thing that they should have recalled, but didn't because "lolyourproblemnow" 
There is easily upwards of 200 people shouting into the internet about this bullshit currently, which personally I would like to see turn class-action.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94816 on: July 01, 2015, 11:37:04 am »

Aw man, missed a discussion on Diablo while asleep.

Never played D1, but D2 is pretty fast compared to D3. At least the run speed is.

If you guys are really complaining about the plot of the games I think you're missing the main focus of the genre. The story is just an excuse for the player to kill hordes of demon mooks and loot some sick loot while making numbers grow bigger.

...think I posed in the wrong thread. brb.

I think you want the WTF thread
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94817 on: July 01, 2015, 11:42:32 am »

Well that would be a very homophobic thing to presume, really. Gay people fucking around is just a horrible cliché.

Not that it never happens: A good friend of my SO does/has done precisely that, for example, but I presume he's not representative of all gay people. Especially since he's camp as hell.
Well I guess I wasn't really considering the homosexuality as a factor and was just thinking more about society's unrealistic expectations on sex and love.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94818 on: July 01, 2015, 11:49:19 am »

Straight people are often just as "nasty" about their sexuality as flaming gay people are. (by nasty, I mean being total whores, and bragging about being total whores.)

It is as if people wake up one day, have radically good sex with their partner, then go "Gee, I want to TELL EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD about how good that sex was! SURELY, nobody would NOT want to know!"

Some very sad part of me is trying to tell me that "Being a total whore" is "the new normal."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94819 on: July 01, 2015, 11:49:51 am »

Should not have to replace any car part 3 times in three days, this is ridiculous.
Stop trying to use actual serpents. They don't last very long.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94820 on: July 01, 2015, 11:58:38 am »

I would suggest cleaning ALL of the pulleys.

When a serpentine belt breaks down like that, it is often because of one of the following reasons:

1) One or more of your belt drive driven devices has faulty bearings.
2) Belt is not proper size. (Are any of your devices aftermarket replacements intended for a similar but not identical model vehicle?)
3) There is "sticky residue" from the previous belt's breakdown still on the pulleys for the belt driven devices causing friction, eroding the belt.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94821 on: July 01, 2015, 12:01:27 pm »

Straight people are often just as "nasty" about their sexuality as flaming gay people are. (by nasty, I mean being total whores, and bragging about being total whores.)

It is as if people wake up one day, have radically good sex with their partner, then go "Gee, I want to TELL EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD about how good that sex was! SURELY, nobody would NOT want to know!"

Some very sad part of me is trying to tell me that "Being a total whore" is "the new normal."

Eh, I don't see what's wrong about being promiscuous if they have safe sex and don't talk about it all the time, but I guess that's what you mean.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94822 on: July 01, 2015, 12:07:25 pm »

Personally, I dont want to even know about people kissing each other-- Imagine the level of squick I feel concerning people talking about how many people they banged on their week long vacation.

>.<

If you are planning a sex vacation, just say "Yeah, I went on a sex vacation."  'Nuff Said! I dont need to know more! I dont WANT to know more! PLEASE, dont tell me how many people, and for the love of gawd, please dont show me pictures of all the people you banged, and please dont tell me about how "energized" and "amazing" you feel after swapping body fluids with all those people.

Not saying you do those kinds of things Cinder, just stating how I feel about people that DO do that kind of thing.  Often, I find the more "gregarious" of the sexually active types of people are more prone to that kind of exhibitionism than others.  Does not matter the orientation.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94823 on: July 01, 2015, 12:15:15 pm »

Stop trying to use actual serpents. They don't last very long.
But logically, they ought to regenerate over time as long as they eat...  And they're eating their own tails, so I don't see the problem here
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94824 on: July 01, 2015, 12:16:13 pm »

The tissues harbor waste products. Causes chemical degeneration over time. ;)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94825 on: July 01, 2015, 12:38:58 pm »

Human Centipede: Serpentine Edition

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94826 on: July 01, 2015, 12:55:05 pm »

Well that would be a very homophobic thing to presume, really. Gay people fucking around is just a horrible cliché.

Not that it never happens: A good friend of my SO does/has done precisely that, for example, but I presume he's not representative of all gay people. Especially since he's camp as hell.

It does make sense from a theoretical standpoint. it's kind of analogous to how you don't get planetary sized objects held together by electromagnetism but you find plenty held together by gravity
Are you calling gay people fat? :P
Only the bears.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Atomic Emu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94827 on: July 01, 2015, 02:00:47 pm »

Sir Nicholas Winton died.
And you gaze up at the sky
As the clouds are passing by
And you wonder for a while
What it would be like to die

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94828 on: July 01, 2015, 03:31:26 pm »

It does make sense from a theoretical standpoint. it's kind of analogous to how you don't get planetary sized objects held together by electromagnetism but you find plenty held together by gravity
Are you calling gay people fat? :P
Only the bears.

No, it's like this, a straight person at a normal bar is only half as likely to hook up with someone as a gay person at a gay bar - assuming equal attendance - because right out of he gate half the potential hookups are unsuitable for the straight person (and half the potential hree ways are unsettling). Not so for the gay bar though because like attarcts like
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94829 on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:30 pm »

Went out to see a college advisor and sign up for college classes and stuff. Ugh. There were lots of people. And talking to people. And ugh. I was pretty much dreading to go do it and was putting it off the last couple days. And putting it off for hours today. Almost bailed out when I went into the building and saw a line of people waiting. Possibly watching me. Possibly judging me. Possibly mocking me in their heads.

Stupid social anxiety. I don't think I was this bad before. Guess a couple months of being at home alone, not needing to go out much, and being away from the college scene has made my social skeelz rusty. I did get it done though, so that's good. Was a lousy experience nontheless.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6320 6321 [6322] 6323 6324 ... 8167