Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6287 6288 [6289] 6290 6291 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465672 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94320 on: June 18, 2015, 12:30:45 am »

A friend of mine seems to have a guilt complex so severe that if he screws up he will avoid any mention of it happening. The worst part is I'm starting to suspect him of lying about things he Has done, if he thinks he can get away with it.
I am the complete opposite of this, and beginning to become infuriated.

Edit: Plus he's been on this forum before, and I fear that he'll make like mastahcheese's wife.
Oh jeez, I can sympathize.
As someone who does that too :/
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #94321 on: June 18, 2015, 08:22:24 am »

I just found out about the Charleston shooting.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #94322 on: June 18, 2015, 09:48:37 am »

Tenosynovitis confirmed in my left wrist, so i gotta keep it at rest as much as possible, preferrably while wearing a brace for rigidity. Back to one-handed typing. This could take a while, and will probably overlap with two exams. :I4
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94323 on: June 18, 2015, 10:44:54 am »

A guilt complex so severe that if he screws up he will avoid any mention of it happening.

Bad Xan. Bad.
If you own up straight away with contrition people have a hard time giving you a hard time. It's actually made for a pretty good survival tactic
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #94324 on: June 18, 2015, 10:47:55 am »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:21:49 pm by penguinofhonor »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94325 on: June 18, 2015, 12:43:06 pm »

I just found out about the Charleston shooting.
its quite bad.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/06/18/415345850/reports-eight-dead-in-shooting-at-charleston-s-c-church

"state House Minority leader Todd Rutherford told The Associated Press that the church's pastor, state Sen. Clementa Pinckney, was among those killed. Pinckney 41, was a married father of two who was elected to the state house at age 23, making him the youngest member of the House at the time."

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #94326 on: June 18, 2015, 12:44:56 pm »

theres all kinds of black people drama on my twitter feed now

thanks america

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #94327 on: June 18, 2015, 03:13:47 pm »

A guilt complex so severe that if he screws up he will avoid any mention of it happening.

Bad Xan. Bad.
If you own up straight away with contrition people have a hard time giving you a hard time. It's actually made for a pretty good survival tactic
I've learned to utilize this, before I wasn't smart enough to and defaulted to hide the evidence. Nowadays it varies between how likely my deceptions are to be found out.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94328 on: June 18, 2015, 06:13:12 pm »

I'm trying extremely hard to bottle up my negative emotions instead of venting it to people, and while it's doing wonders to my productivity and people's opinion of me, it's still kind of painful and doesn't magically make me any less ugly.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94329 on: June 18, 2015, 06:50:58 pm »

I'm trying extremely hard to bottle up my negative emotions instead of venting it to people, and while it's doing wonders to my productivity and people's opinion of me, it's still kind of painful and doesn't magically make me any less ugly.
My first reaction is to say that bottling up your emotions can be a bad thing, buuuut you said it makes you productive, so...

I guess just as long as you have some way of working the emotions out, then that's ok? I guess? Just make sure you don't go and become a crazed serial killer from the pent up emotions, mkay.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #94330 on: June 18, 2015, 06:56:05 pm »

Mate, let me be level with ya for a sec, m'kay?
First of all, bottling up emotions like that is a fucking terrible idea, productivity or no. Eventually they're gonna explode out, and, well... It's probably not gonna end well.
Second of all, unless you've been feeding us pictures of someone else, you really aren't ugly. Seriously.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94331 on: June 18, 2015, 07:30:55 pm »

Emotions aren't a fluid. They're not going to burst Cinder's metaphorical bottle. Venting and feeling good about it just reinforces having and expressing those negative feelings. Learning to keep your emotions under control is both going to be ultimately better for your own well-being and crucial for being part of a decent society.

Keep it up Cinder, you're doing good.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94332 on: June 18, 2015, 07:44:17 pm »

Vent to people you trust and who are willing to listen, or put those emotions into art. You will need some way of working them out, after all. However, it's good to get productivity and opinion up, since those might help with the underlying anxieties that cause your negative emotions.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94333 on: June 18, 2015, 07:57:43 pm »

Emotions aren't a fluid. They're not going to burst Cinder's metaphorical bottle. Venting and feeling good about it just reinforces having and expressing those negative feelings. Learning to keep your emotions under control is both going to be ultimately better for your own well-being and crucial for being part of a decent society.

Keep it up Cinder, you're doing good.

Bottling up emotion and keeping them under control are two totally different things, though. Take this from someone who's made that exact same mistake and is currently on wonderful antidepressants to fix said mistake. Emotions aren't a fluid, but if you do just bottle them up they absolutely do get too much to handle.

Keeping emotion under control is, resisting the impulsive actions that result from emotion but still deal with the issues. Whether its jerky coworkers, condescending bosses, bullying, sexual harassment, you absolutely must fix the issue. Yes, those are all personal examples. Yes, I reacted badly to most of them. Fixing it may mean talking it out, it may mean seeing a shrink, it means whatever helps get rid of the problem in a healthy manner.

Bottling it up is when you simply push the emotions down and don't let them show. I'm seriously resisting the urge to quote Frozen here, but they were seriously right on the money - hiding emotion is baaaaad. Internalising everything ends with problems just going around and around in your head. For me, I did it for so long that I'd just kick everything inwards. Little thoughts would just sit inside and fester, going around and around until they became way too big and it ended with me punching someone anyway.

Look, sometimes you've gotta vent. And venting does help, if you do it to the right person. Perspective changes absolutely everything, trust me. I've had problems that built up in my head because I just bottled everything up - and when my girlfriend did finally drag it out of me, she helped me put everything into focus. It's not about reinforcing negative feelings, it's about getting them out of your system and putting yourself back into the right frame of mind to actually look at them clearly.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:00:51 pm by Niccolo »
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94334 on: June 18, 2015, 08:20:27 pm »

"Bottling" in my case just mean venting less. I don't think it's physically possible for me to not be whiny. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6287 6288 [6289] 6290 6291 ... 8167