Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6217 6218 [6219] 6220 6221 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9492439 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93270 on: May 18, 2015, 10:38:16 pm »

Shitty situations aren't shitty forever, is the moral here.

Actually, in my experience so far life loves to repeat itself for me. So likely as soon as I get over this life is going to take another huge shit on me.

Right up until I die or give up I'm sure.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93271 on: May 18, 2015, 10:43:59 pm »

Quickpost  :-X

First is this note here.
Next, is the note of keeping those shitty situations in mind--as if others -meant- to do that.
Usually, it may seem that way, but when you take the other person's perspective, it's usually a collateral effect than their intent.
But what is important is that we, within these shitty situations, do not torture ourselves with the 'what ifs' in seeking the answers to 'why {other person} did so', especially if those what ifs continue to predict the present pain we're in, because more often than not--it just exacerbates our perspective of our shitty situation.

Without knowledge of your situation, I poke at what exists with you who alleviate the shitty situation. Owlga is an awesome person. Information is also an awesome thing (ie Information about what you're feeling//Personally describing your situation to yourself, from a third-party's eye...). Other people who are helping--let them help, too!

But don't keep dwelling on probability, GC. :( Unless there is an essence of exactness...or, y'know, certainty, then dwelling on these ideas (especially if they're not good for your health) will mostly lead to fruitless endeavors. If things keep repeating, then analyze the process--what exactly is happening. Describe or express yourself to those you trust, and those you know who are sincerely going to help you.
Which is the story of my life before I was 17ish.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #93272 on: May 18, 2015, 10:49:10 pm »

It's just all so frustrating.

He apparently cares, but I'm stil just having to deal with him apparently deciding I'm not worth talking to. I'm obviously hurting so bad because of that, where's the fucking care? If I cared about someone I'd never do anything even remotely like this to someone. No matter if my sister or the cops or the president or fucking GOD wanted me to.

It's nonsense. That's not care, that's insanity!

And it's driving ME insane!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93273 on: May 18, 2015, 10:51:48 pm »

Actually, in my experience so far life loves to repeat itself for me. So likely as soon as I get over this life is going to take another huge shit on me.

Right up until I die or give up I'm sure.
If you give up or die, there is exactly 0% chance of your shitty situation improving. If you don't give up and/or keep living, there's at least the potential possibility of your life not being shitty all the time.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93274 on: May 18, 2015, 10:56:02 pm »

He apparently cares, but I'm stil just having to deal with him apparently deciding I'm not worth talking to. I'm obviously hurting so bad because of that, where's the fucking care?

I know this is going to sound obvious but, have you considered not giving a damn about what he thinks of you?  I think every single person who's been around here long enough to know who you are would agree, you of all people don't need to prove yourself to anyone.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #93275 on: May 18, 2015, 10:58:37 pm »

Well apparently I do and I'm not even being given a chance to.

And no I'm not going to just not fucking care, that's awful.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93276 on: May 18, 2015, 10:59:29 pm »

It's just all so frustrating.

He apparently cares, but I'm stil just having to deal with him apparently deciding I'm not worth talking to. I'm obviously hurting so bad because of that, where's the fucking care? If I cared about someone I'd never do anything even remotely like this to someone. No matter if my sister or the cops or the president or fucking GOD wanted me to.

It's nonsense. That's not care, that's insanity!

And it's driving ME insane!
Yeah. That is basically bugnuts. I don't really know why that would make sense to anyone in any state of mind?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #93277 on: May 18, 2015, 11:48:20 pm »

I don't know, both, either or. I don't really know.

I'm tired of not having any control of my life whatsoever. Everything that's important to me goes away, without fail. Even the things I have right now, I know because of my past experiences they're temporary.

I don't see the point in continuing to torture myself.

I know it probably doesn't seem helpful to point out right now, but... everything is temporary. 

Not just in some existential "everyone dies eventually and the universe will suffer heat death" exercise in triteness.  I mean life is constant change.  People come and go.  Sometimes it's horrible, and sometimes it's wonderful.  You can't have one without the other.  The alternative is stagnation.

I was really attached to someone who broke off contact with me suddenly and without warning.  It screwed with me badly.  I went through a long phase afterwards where my thought patterns were pretty broken and I didn't care much about myself.  It took me 2-3 years, but I got over it.  Looking back on it now, I can't imagine how crazy my attachment must have seemed to her.  Plenty of other people I cared about have since come and gone from my life.  Some hurt more than others. 

But everyone has their own path to follow.  Relationships, for good or ill, are just the event of two paths crossing and perhaps aligning for a while.  Nothing more.  Not that we shouldn't value them, because they enrich us, the same way an arc or plot point enriches a story.  Because that's what life is, right?  Our existence is only in a given moment within a massive procedurally generated mess of interactions, and our lives are the story we write in our heads about the sequence and nature of those interactions we've taken part in.  As romantic as the notion may be, no two are going to be written the same.  It just sucks when we can't understand why another diverges from our own.  Makes it hard to write into that narrative, right?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93278 on: May 18, 2015, 11:48:36 pm »

@GC: It could be insanity, aye ._. But that's one way of seeing it.
Consider that he may also have problems himself in that regard (as in...basically anyone who does care, would open contact--in a general case). This doesn't mean that he doesn't really super not care...per se, but just send him a PM (or ask someone to send him a PM in case you were put on an ignore list? Unsure how that thing works).
Then we stop torturing ourselves about thinking why there's no response :/
Because there's the time wherein thought enters. He may need time to think about this too [and many other notes on how interaction occurs]. Leave the note that you're open to communication if or if not he wants, as in leave yourself open to them if the situation doesn't seem like you advancing towards them = the better thing.

In the meantime, busy yourself with people around you who do care :O There's a time for him to respond--and intervening assumptions aside, just leave the door open, with a welcome sign (in analogy) and he will enter when he wants.
Poking generally anyway.

But that's a general note for me anyway who would like to help ._.
But rather than giving apathy back to him (it doesn't...like, help a lot. Sure, it may disassociate your 'care' to him but...that doesn't help in general, from much personal experience), just leave an open note for him is all I'm saying, and then continue on like that.
...That's actually like being apathetic without being literally apathetic. I think. Like, you know you're open to conversation--so instead of advancing on them (who may be reluctant), you leave them a note like "I'm sorry for the things that got in the way--so let's begin anew; whenever you wish to speak to me again, I'm open" and then the choice is now theirs while in the meantime, you busy yourself with people who presently are with you who do care.

But that's just me anyway. I do hope this clears up though. :-\

Edit: SalmonGod has a point ._. Existentialism is a nice thing, and no matter who we are, we all have control over our lives in full.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:55:34 pm by Tiruin »

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #93279 on: May 19, 2015, 12:07:22 am »

I've been doing my best to help her through this shit and as far as I know, the only way Ill ever get everything calmed down for her is fixing this shit myself.

Only no one will let me. One day she might stop caring about assholes that don't give a shit about her. But I don't think that time is anytime soon at this rate.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93280 on: May 19, 2015, 12:32:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93281 on: May 19, 2015, 09:41:09 am »

Sorry to hear that, MZ.
I was pretty sad to hear that (one of) my primary school(s) closed down, it was a really good school and it seemed a shame that I moved away.

My sad: I bought chocolate today yesterday and now I'm comfort eating.
Also it's past midnight and I was trying to get my sleeping pattern back on track. WELP guess I'll just stay up forever.
I feel so low right now. Everything is upsetting me. I think I had a bad day.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #93282 on: May 19, 2015, 11:46:45 am »

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:17:24 pm by penguinofhonor »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93283 on: May 19, 2015, 12:25:21 pm »

Got a rejection from  job I applied to today.
Well, at least they replied, I guess.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #93284 on: May 19, 2015, 12:27:03 pm »

Sigh. Slept nine hours last night, still feel terrible now. Hope I'm not getting sick.

Oh yeah, and I have four-frackin'-teen weeks of exams coming up. Ninety-eight days, more than three months.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 6217 6218 [6219] 6220 6221 ... 8167