Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6140 6141 [6142] 6143 6144 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470632 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92115 on: April 19, 2015, 06:35:55 pm »

I care about the chicken. For most of my life my close family has owned chickens.
I just don't see how killing the dog is going to do any good.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92116 on: April 19, 2015, 06:39:23 pm »

It's half past one, and only now have I realized that the entire reason I had previously considered an assignment unsolvable was that I had not properly parsed a bit of notation that was explained five lines above the bit I had problems with.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92117 on: April 19, 2015, 07:03:07 pm »

Tried talking with my parents about my depression. The talk went nowhere. Actually went less than nowhere because it made me feel worse as my dad gave up and said I'd shoot down any options he suggested and so he didn't know what to say. So, basically have no options.

Sigh. I really should just kill myself already. My life is just one constant waste of time and I don't know what to do with myself anymore.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92118 on: April 19, 2015, 07:24:18 pm »

I wanted a single day where I could just relax and play without consequences. Now my mom's once again lecturing me about my responsibilities and how I need to get ahead on my work and I'm tired of this.

Also, I think I pulled a mustache while punching myself. Now everything hurts.
How I read that at first.

...but please don't punch yourself D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #92119 on: April 19, 2015, 07:27:22 pm »

Tried talking with my parents about my depression. The talk went nowhere. Actually went less than nowhere because it made me feel worse as my dad gave up and said I'd shoot down any options he suggested and so he didn't know what to say. So, basically have no options.

Sigh. I really should just kill myself already. My life is just one constant waste of time and I don't know what to do with myself anymore.
Naw dude, you're not the only one who doesn't know what to do with themselves, but i can assure you that offing yourself is NOT what you should be doing (and i'm sure plenty of people in here would back me up on that). It would be a loss for everyone involved, and it seems like your parents are at least trying to help, at least judging by the short post here. Depression is a very serious matter, and it's possible that your parents are afraid of handling it wrongly instead of being intentionally dismissive, or perhaps they just genuinely don't know what to do. In any case, if you're not already getting help, i'd strongly advise doing so. It would be a huge shame for another life to be lost to depression. :c

As for myself, my anxiety re: arting is acting up. I managed to draw a thing that pretty accurately depicts what's going on 95% of the time, but alas, this does not change reality. I really, really wish there was an easy way to get rid of this anxiety, since it's interfering with my existence much more than what may be apparent, but everything seems to point towards slow and steady acclimatization being the way. The problem with that? It's a continuous stressor, and my stress levels are already dangerously high. At the same time, though, i don't want the bullies who inflicted this upon me to "win". :/
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #92120 on: April 19, 2015, 07:43:38 pm »

Caroline, please don't try to hurt yourself. It won't help anything.

Spehss, please don't do that. I can't offer any advice, but my PM box is open if you need an ear to listen.

* Worldmaster27 hugs both of you, and anyone else who needs it

ninjagirl: Is there anything else you could reroute that anger into? Like, could you get a punching bag and use that or spar with someone? You could try meditating to calm yourself; find something other than harming yourself. Please?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #92121 on: April 19, 2015, 08:14:39 pm »

Why am I suddenly posting a whole bunch when as one of the last Forum Ents I maybe post once a day normally?

What else but Finals Week?
Shoes...

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92122 on: April 19, 2015, 08:32:24 pm »

My elderly dog is having trouble eating, and has lost ten pounds very quickly. Took him to the vet, and results should be back soon. Hope he's fine.
Update: Dog's kidneys aren't working, and he's probably going to die. Two options, either let him go, or hospitalize him and pump him full of IV fluids. Second one has a very slim chance of working. Had him since I was little. Don't want him to go. Crying right now, can't see screen very well.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #92123 on: April 19, 2015, 08:34:26 pm »

My elderly dog is having trouble eating, and has lost ten pounds very quickly. Took him to the vet, and results should be back soon. Hope he's fine.
Update: Dog's kidneys aren't working, and he's probably going to die. Two options, either let him go, or hospitalize him and pump him full of IV fluids. Second one has a very slim chance of working. Had him since I was little. Don't want him to go. Crying right now, can't see screen very well.
*infinite hugs*  :(

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92124 on: April 19, 2015, 08:51:09 pm »

*infinite hugs*  :(
Aww, man... I hope that if he goes, he at least goes peacefully. :c
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92125 on: April 19, 2015, 09:04:28 pm »

Re:Dogs
Where I live we have laws against leaving your dog unleashed, and there's special 'leash-less parks' which is basically a massive fenced enclosure for dogs, usually one for big dogs and one for little ones, even. (The fences would be chump change for any dog to jump over, of course, but it's a deterrent at least, and they never really seem to want to.)

However, the last dog I ever saw off its leash was an absolutely Beautiful Collie, who was just amazingly friendly and really obedient- to me, a stranger. It was kind of weird because at the time I had to hold on to this thing as I was a witness to a crime scene and the dog kept trying to lick the face of the victim, much to the chagrin of the ambulance workers. It didn't know the victim, it just got drawn by the noises, jumped his home fence and came to help out.

Sticks in my mind.

Finals Week.

I get that. So much.
Also, awesome to see you.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #92126 on: April 19, 2015, 11:19:51 pm »

Found some journals I wrote in during my depression that happened a year ago, and holy crap is there some dark stuff in here. It reminds me of how deep I actually was in that.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92127 on: April 20, 2015, 12:25:19 am »

LameSadThatNeedsToBeVented: It rained today. Normally, that wouldn't be a sad, but I really need to work on my car. I really, really need to change the starter, and the weather made it impossible today.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92128 on: April 20, 2015, 01:23:16 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:56:50 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92129 on: April 20, 2015, 02:45:05 am »

Never mind.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:49:22 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6140 6141 [6142] 6143 6144 ... 8167