Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6138 6139 [6140] 6141 6142 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471420 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92085 on: April 19, 2015, 09:45:00 am »

Was looking at some of my PMs, when I almost accidentally deleted them, because my iPad screen started bugging out, with it constantly pressing down on some delete function I couldn't see while I kept exiting out of that page.
yaaaaay
Why does my screen keep doing that? Seriously, it bugs out so often it's not even funny.

switch to a Motorola tablet
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92086 on: April 19, 2015, 09:47:02 am »

I would, except not really, except my school uses these iPads for books.
I literally have no choice but to keep this.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92087 on: April 19, 2015, 09:49:40 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:25:39 am by penguinofhonor »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92088 on: April 19, 2015, 10:30:05 am »

Following on spacecat.

Almost want to join a monastery just to see if It'll magically make me gain direction in life.
But then I feel like they might want me to believe in things.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92089 on: April 19, 2015, 10:41:58 am »

And I feel like I'm always surrounded by people who don't repress a damn thing.  Who are always willing to tear everything down and make life completely dysfunctional for everyone with reckless abandon if they don't like something.  And I've always felt like it's fallen on me to be the reasonable go-between who keeps things operating between all these crazy fucking people, or swallows my own baggage down because the other party is not capable of doing and the results will be catastrophic if someone doesn't volunteer to be the mature one.
Guh. It's like my childhood in half a paragraph! Also, my friends in college! Maybe it's not the drama I hate, but the necessity of clamming up about my own problems whenever it rears its mangy head. Bay12 has really been a lifesaver in terms of being able to express what I'm thinking and that sort of thing, but it sounds to me like you guys have it worse because forum posts don't really do it for you. Which is kind of understandable; I just don't have many people to talk to anymore, whereas it sounds to me as though you have less of a problem with absence and more of a problem with a very present and malevolently oppressive social reality. Or something of that nature.

... gosh this is an uncheery post. *fart noises for instant humor*

Also, perhaps having learned from my example, final exams are coming too quickly. The exams themselves are less threatening than the looming horde of semester-long projects, at least one of which is in "How am I even going to do this" mode, and the others merely in "How am I even going to find time to do this".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #92090 on: April 19, 2015, 11:50:48 am »

*fart noises for instant humor*

... I can't believe I just laughed at a fart joke :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92091 on: April 19, 2015, 11:54:21 am »

So my parents have been talking about changing their cell plan for a couple months now, and they told me they would be keeping me on the plan. The other day I got an email from my dad saying, "Hey we're changing over the plan and we won't be carrying over your line anymore. Your phone will still be active for a week and then it won't work anymore. Here are some alternative options that all cost money that I know damn well you don't have. Have fun."

Thing is, I kind of need a phone with unlimited minutes to get a job, and I need a phone with unlimited texts to keep in touch with certain friends. I can get a free phone, but it'll have limited minutes and limited texts. Thanks, Dad, for making a tough situation even tougher.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #92092 on: April 19, 2015, 02:11:59 pm »

Dick move on his part....

Ask him if you could pay him the difference of what it would cost to keep you on the plan? Assuming he's keeping the unlimited minutes and text?

That's probably what it secretly boils down to anyhow, money. (sigh).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92093 on: April 19, 2015, 02:22:18 pm »

:(
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92094 on: April 19, 2015, 02:23:38 pm »

I'm sure they're just passive-aggressively trying to kick you from the nest.
Nothing to worry about.

In other, far less important news.
Eldar codex came out. The genre has died. Bring back the CEO. I'm on the verge of throwing out my whole collection.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #92095 on: April 19, 2015, 02:27:47 pm »

I'm sure they're just passive-aggressively trying to kick you from the nest.
Nothing to worry about.

Allee doesn't live with her parents any more, last I knew. It seems to be more a case of "We have money, but we don't want to spend it, so we're going to make you pay for this instead, even though we know you can't."

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92096 on: April 19, 2015, 02:28:55 pm »

Why not ask to be taken off the contract, then?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92097 on: April 19, 2015, 02:34:13 pm »

I think that's what they're doing.  Which is a shame, since it's cheaper to just pay a share of a family plan than to get a plan of your own...  Helps if the family is reasonable and cooperative.  Instead AlleeCat's are being dicks, no surprise there.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92098 on: April 19, 2015, 02:35:15 pm »

... What part of "She can't afford to pay for a phone" means "Hey, take her off the contract and force her to pay for the whole phone!" is a good idea?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92099 on: April 19, 2015, 02:43:04 pm »

I'm sad that AlleeCat's SimNecromancy is on hiatus.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 6138 6139 [6140] 6141 6142 ... 8167