Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6101 6102 [6103] 6104 6105 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434163 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91530 on: April 10, 2015, 01:11:23 am »

Oi. Oi!
I liked those books, back when I read them, and that obviously means you're wrong.
Have a nice day.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #91531 on: April 10, 2015, 01:19:14 am »

The first and second ones were ok just as adventure-y survival stories without actually looking at the overarching plotlines in my opinion. On the other hand the third one lost that and then ran pretty quickly into a rapid spiral of "protagonist becomes an irrelevant bystander to the actual plot that we are now basing the book on", which didn't really fly for me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91532 on: April 10, 2015, 07:05:01 am »

The wind's howling, the night's cold, my potato soup is the same as my dinner was for the past three days, I've an exam, homework, a meeting, more senseless drivel, paperwork, chores, people I don't care for, one person I care too much for, a perpetual state of cutting corners to make other ends meet, repeat ad nauseum, ad nauseum, ad nauseum.

I'm not happy, haven't been happy for a long time. I can't change course, or everything collapses- I'm now in the state of least unhappiness. I'm sick of school, I'm sick of petty people, I'm sick of the heartache I lavish on myself for another with whom I cannot be, sick of the cyclical nature of so much meaningless suffering. I'm sick of not caring enough about things, or not being able to care enough between every other expectation and direction I'm fed. So far as I can see, I don't have a future.

This is as good as life gets.

I'm just tired. So damn tired. Tomorrow's a new day, of course, but it's all the same, isn't it? And it's not the world at fault here, the world's indifferent. I'm the anomaly, the exclusive factor, the product and the source of my own unhappiness. Drink solves nothing, marking my arms wouldn't make me happier, even though others might see that I suffer, oblivion will never be an option. Maybe I'll go from distraction to distraction, as I have for far too long, to cope, to keep these thoughts away, to ignore the ever-growing discontent, but I can't much convince myself that it's good for anything these days. I don't much dream, I don't much want, I can't much have any of it anyways. It's all just so much nothing.
Well... You should probably just keep going with it. Circumstances change, even if you don't want them to, so if things are crappy... They more likely to change for best.
I felt somewhat like that, in the part of being completely tired of everything, and I got better after sometime. I don't have idea why, I just stopped dragging myself everywhere and started walking. I account that on having know some different people, since those are one of the things that most matter in the background of anyone, so maybe that can help you.
As for growing feelings... I don't have any experience in that, I ask for a heartbroken forummite to advice you on what's the best course of action.

Not going to go into much detail about this one but it turns out that people I thought I could trust are not to be trusted anymore. I feel pretty betrayed right now...
I can get pretty curious if you put it like that...(What did they do? Did they told someone a secret of yours? Did they took away something you liked? Or maybe they[gets slapped by conscience]Okay... It doesn't matter too much...)

Have you got a chance to talk to whoever did that to you? It's huge likely that they got a greater reason to do something you didn't liked. After all, you did trusted them before, so they at very least were good, you could get reassured if could have the chance to confirm if they still are.
In a time before time, I had a name.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91533 on: April 10, 2015, 07:16:53 am »

No sleep at all last night.

Also dropped my underwear in the toilet while trying to get dressed after my shower. I swore. Loud. I hope the lady upstairs didn't hear me.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91534 on: April 10, 2015, 11:45:04 am »

Did they told someone a secret of yours? Did they took away something you liked?
Yes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91535 on: April 10, 2015, 11:53:24 am »

Oh man at one point a member of my family threw me out of their house- even though I was completely up to date on rent, because he didn't like how I treated one of my roomates

That shit stung so hard. But I went away, got some clarity, and came back and forgave him. I realized that I was in a rut whilst I was living there, and I didn't have a good attitude.
But I damn well don't trust him anymore, and to every friend I bring him up to, I tell them he's a bad person. Jokingly, but it's the little warning I feel ok with giving (and maybe just a little vindicated).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91536 on: April 10, 2015, 12:22:19 pm »

Ocasionally while typing a negative statement while talking to friends on steam, I end up somehow forgetting to actualy type "no/dont/not", and only notice it after I already pressed enter because I type rather fast. It doesnt really make me sad, but its annoying at times when I'm trying to say I dont know/dont like/dont want something and accidentaly end up saying I do :v

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91537 on: April 10, 2015, 01:13:35 pm »

The first and second ones were ok just as adventure-y survival stories without actually looking at the overarching plotlines in my opinion. On the other hand the third one lost that and then ran pretty quickly into a rapid spiral of "protagonist becomes an irrelevant bystander to the actual plot that we are now basing the book on", which didn't really fly for me.

Kind of like Raiders of the Lost Ark
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91538 on: April 10, 2015, 01:52:05 pm »

Did they told someone a secret of yours? Did they took away something you liked?
Yes.
!?
!!?
!!!
Both!?

Do you think you can  forgive them? Or was it far too much?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91539 on: April 10, 2015, 02:08:24 pm »

Heh. David the Domme's personal vendetta against vaguebooking, eh?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91540 on: April 10, 2015, 02:40:55 pm »

A good portion of this thread is vaguebooking. Which, by the way, is the worst word.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91541 on: April 10, 2015, 02:55:03 pm »

I would like to thank the media for making me live for many years with a deeply skewed view of love that they've romanticized to a ridiculous degree that made me not want it for so long.
In general I'd like to thank the media for ruining people's views on so many things.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91542 on: April 10, 2015, 02:57:24 pm »

I recently got an urge to get preoccupied about stuff. I find it to be rather selfish from my part, but I want to care. I want to feel empathy and compassion, both things I haven't quite got the hang of, I have been rather emotionless since I had 12 years...

I just wanted to care ... I'm sorry.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91543 on: April 10, 2015, 03:59:07 pm »

One exclamation point is forcefulness!
Two exclamation points is shouting!!

Three or more exclamation points is sarcasm!!!

But if you've embarked on a personal crusade for regaining the dormant compassion within your heart, I wish you good luck and safe journeys, whilst I stand happily upon this metaphorical dock and wave.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91544 on: April 10, 2015, 05:14:46 pm »

One exclamation point is forcefulness!
Two exclamation points is shouting!!

Three or more exclamation points is sarcasm!!!

But if you've embarked on a personal crusade for regaining the dormant compassion within your heart, I wish you good luck and safe journeys, whilst I stand happily upon this metaphorical dock and wave.
That was more like my mind, but you can't hear it...
[What exactly did she mean by that!?]
[Was it the first or the second statement!!?]
[No, it doesn't point to any... Then it can only be!!!]
Both!?
(I thought too loudly.)
Wait... Why are you waving? Why do you stay behind? I did something to put us apart? Is this all my fault again?
Or... Or maybe...
You're not coming with me. Then you don't want to reach the same place as me. You don't want to come, you don't want to care!
Pages: 1 ... 6101 6102 [6103] 6104 6105 ... 8167