Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6103 6104 [6105] 6106 6107 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434368 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91560 on: April 10, 2015, 11:17:10 pm »

I know the feeling. The petty shit really doesn't stop at middle/high school. People at my house fuck with me all the time and if the staff didn't see it, it didn't happen. I make a relatively harmless comment and suddenly I'm getting pulled off to the side to get talked to about "appropriate behaviour."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91561 on: April 10, 2015, 11:20:42 pm »

Look, I would vote for Truean. Doesn't matter which office, or if the qualifications of said office were met. I would vote Truean.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91562 on: April 10, 2015, 11:55:20 pm »

Truean For Any Office She Goddamn Wants

I assume not the presidency though, she doesn't deserve that kind of stress and infinite bullshit. Maybe Zuckerberg's office, wherever it is? I bet it's a nice one.

------

I have been unreasonably upset today. I keep making mistakes because I get carried away in the feeling of the moment, like interrupting somebody I'm attempting to agree with (and then utterly failing to apologize to her once I realized it due to crushing shame), then berating myself for it. Or getting distracted while trying to study because I keep thinking about how much studying I have to do and how stressful it's going to be. Just... so much unproductive stuff, not to mention whatever impact I have on other people's days.

I need to calm down. I legit have no idea how to do that.

EDIT: Oh, hey, you can't actually modify posts in locked threads. Symbolic gestures will have to take a second place to practicality, then.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:46:57 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #91563 on: April 11, 2015, 03:47:02 am »

I feel so socially like an outsider at my uni's admitted students' weekend x.x People forming small groups and all. I feel like maybe I should just stop trying to actively engage people and just exist and be friendly if someone does infact talk to me... bleh.

*continues hiding in room*

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91564 on: April 11, 2015, 04:50:22 am »

I feel so socially like an outsider at my uni's admitted students' weekend
Thank you, the invoice will be sent in the next 3 working days, and if you recommend my investigation services to a friend you'll get a £20 voucher redeemable in Waterstones or WHSmiths.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #91565 on: April 11, 2015, 05:17:14 am »

I feel so socially like an outsider at my uni's admitted students' weekend x.x People forming small groups and all. I feel like maybe I should just stop trying to actively engage people and just exist and be friendly if someone does infact talk to me... bleh.

People always form small groups. Everyone primarily hangs out with people they like, because well... they like these people, or they like a person other people in the group like or anything in between.

Making friends with one person will likely make you gravitate to the group that person hangs out with.

And if the groups are trying to be exclusive, you probably don't want to be part of a group like that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #91566 on: April 11, 2015, 09:43:22 am »

Well, Grak, I haven't been in my room all the time. you'll need to refund me that twenty Euros...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #91567 on: April 11, 2015, 10:15:17 am »

Well, Grak, I haven't been in my room all the time. you'll need to refund me that twenty Euros...
Those were pounds m8
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91568 on: April 11, 2015, 10:31:03 am »

And you haven't paid me yet either. All I've done is get the invoice ready to send (which I'm still going to).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91569 on: April 11, 2015, 10:32:26 am »

I just wasted 5 hours of my life trying to get some sleep.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JBramhall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91570 on: April 11, 2015, 10:41:14 am »

My Cruiser and all the shit inside of it (including my laptop) was stolen last week and i only just got a new laptop (luckily my Cruiser was found less than 3 hours later in Timaru). That teaches me not to expect to be able to leave it my Land Cruiser locked up in the center crossing at busy supermarket car park (My ex-employer) in the center of Ashburton, New Zealand and not expect it to be stolen.

Then to top it all off a so-called "Best Mate" still hasn't paid me back the $375 NZD I lent him about 9 months ago! He has cut off all contact with me now since I start talking to him normally (with him responding), and then ask him about the money. He never responds after that! And I cant go annoy him for it as he lives in Timaru.

And ill need that money to pay the insurance company the excess which is $300.
>:(

And did i mention that two of my best mates that have been going out for over 18 months broke up the other week. Lets call them A (which is a girl) and N (Which is a male) one of them which i keep in regular contact with, A, ended it and yet didnt tell me yet we talk every 2 or so days for hours on end via text. it has my other mate, N, that told me when i asked him why he was so distraught. he said he thought id have been told. so i spend about 6 or so hours (ignoring my other best mates which were at my place for a gaming day), trying to get them to realize where it all went wrong so they can still remain friends which one wants, N, and the other, A, wants him to fuck off. This situation they are in has got me distraught. they are/were/whatever perfect for each other. yet it still ended. apparently A was sick of N trying to fix everything. I helped N understand where it went wrong and he seems better now but its hard to judge over text messgaes. I barely get to see N even though he lives in the same town as I do because he works during the days and I work nights so i cant properly help him get over it and support him. A is at uni several hundred kms away yet returned and broke it off during the uni holidays.

I do this with every mate, offer them advice when their relationships with another is floundering and yet i couldn't save a friendship i had a long time ago. I still have no-one for me to properly talk on a regular basis about what actually is going through in my head to since all my mates either go to uni or work days. also im scared what they will think if they know the true extent of my fucked up mind

I flunked level 3 NCEA (entry level for uni) yet i dream of being a paleontologist.
I work night shifts so i don't have to face the world and socialize yet i wish i could talk to someone...

Am I Fucked Up or what???
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:18:27 am by JBramhall »
It's said that love is a battlefield. And knowing is half the battle. And forewarned is forearmed. And fourarmed is half an octopus. Therefore, knowing about future love is a skirmish between two half-octopus Battle Chimeras. And that's alright.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91571 on: April 11, 2015, 11:33:37 am »

Welcome to my life. We can form our own small group, with blackjack and hookers. Well, maybe not the blackjack. Or hookers.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91572 on: April 11, 2015, 11:36:22 am »

Why are movies so adverse to having the good guys lose?

In Hudson Hawk it could be argued that the apparent bad guys are actually the good guys (their goal is an admirable one, despite their morally horrendous methods and personal motivations) so it could be argued that the good guys lose in that movie; especially since at the time they are defeated they have no have no more motive to do anything bad.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #91573 on: April 11, 2015, 12:08:39 pm »

Why are movies so adverse to having the good guys lose?
Because people like ideas like karmic retribution, getting your just desserts, and good triumphing over evil much more than they like downer endings. And also because pulling off a story with characters of different shades of grey (no not that one) instead of a defined black and white side is much, much harder to do as a writer (and is also prey to falling to the "Why do I care about these people" syndrome).

I mean heck, one of the big draws of a lot of religions is that everyone gets their just rewards in the end, be they good or bad, and we can see just how well that has worked around the world (~84% of the world's population being "religious" anyone?).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #91574 on: April 11, 2015, 12:56:58 pm »

I'm not sure I understand my own emotions anymore.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 6103 6104 [6105] 6106 6107 ... 8167