Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5930 5931 [5932] 5933 5934 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446520 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88965 on: February 23, 2015, 11:12:35 pm »

Regardless of the reason, it's generally polite to go with someones wishes, especially when it's nearly zero effort on your part. (Select all -> delete -> done)

For what it's worth, she wants to have control over what is attributed to her username, which is easier if she has total control over the editing of her words. If it's quoted in other peoples posts, she loses that control over those words.
Oh I've always followed her wishes in that regard, it was curiosity.  I like to know the logic behind things, which will probably get me into a lot of trouble in the future.

It allows her to immediately and permanently erase anything she says. If she's quoted, she can't do that.

Using a script or something?

Erasing it all manually would take awful long.
I think anything was supposed to mean "any given thing" rather than "everything" in this context.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88966 on: February 23, 2015, 11:12:38 pm »

Regardless of the reason, it's generally polite to go with someones wishes, especially when it's nearly zero effort on your part. (Select all -> delete -> done)

Not easy on tablets and smartphones. Especially not old ones.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88967 on: February 23, 2015, 11:14:42 pm »

Not easy on tablets and smartphones. Especially not old ones.
Or you could just do what we on the mafia forums do and address her like this.

Truean: (insert comments about what she said here)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88968 on: February 24, 2015, 12:00:19 am »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:50:17 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #88969 on: February 24, 2015, 12:02:39 am »

Vector, I'm not sure if you're aware, but your internet connection sucks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #88970 on: February 24, 2015, 12:14:51 am »

Doctor says muscle spasm and prescribed anti inflammatory and back excercises. I'm not sure if thats what it is - its my side that hurts, and it doesnt correspond to movement. But the doctor would know right? But what if I have something else and I miscommunicated, and now I'm getting the wrong treatment?  I mean, I hope its just a muscle spasm, but I don't know.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88971 on: February 24, 2015, 12:24:33 am »

It's immeasurably simple to easily select text on a phone or tablet. Very googleable. It's to the point where after everything I've said, I'm beginning to think it's an effort to have people talk about me to make my name show up on others' account posts....  Exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

Some of the people I got indicted for some really corrupt shit, are insisting on either "representing themselves" or "hybird representation" (where they represent themselves along with their lawyer) in their criminal trials. Both options are incredibly stupid. "An attorney who represents himself has a fool for a client...." Yeah.

Why would they do it, to be able to question witnesses themselves in what I can only presuppose is one final effort to intimidate them, including me. Nice to know somebody can sincerely attempt to ruin my life and career to further their own corruption and then get one last chance to screw me over. Bad enough you have to testify to the lawyer representing them but to the criminal defendant themselves.... There's a reason I was always incredibly nice while cross examining. Shit.

My mom is totally beside herself and upset at me for not being a total success (i.e. rich), and believes yelling at me will somehow make this happen. Nope. Pardon me for making the moral choice and turning people in for bad shit they were doing. Their retaliation was and is lovely.... [sigh]. 

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:26:14 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88972 on: February 24, 2015, 12:26:37 am »

ARGH
That's... that's worse than mine.

Vector, I... I'm sorry.

Also, Truean, you're awesome. It's hard, but please continue to be awesome.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88973 on: February 24, 2015, 12:30:38 am »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:49:23 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88974 on: February 24, 2015, 12:34:32 am »

Well I've got a cheap tablet that, additionally, also has a big ding in the touchscreen. It never selects what I want it to select.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88975 on: February 24, 2015, 12:37:59 am »

-snip-

ARGH
Wat. Vector, did you make the biweekly blood sacrifice required for Internet access stateside to the wrong deity? Cause it looks like you picked Sithrak as your patron this time and I'm pretty sure that's next moon.

I hope it clears up soon. Your Internet connection looks like my apartment's faucets.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88976 on: February 24, 2015, 01:02:27 am »

-snip-
-snip-
-snip-
-snip-
No--he left Truean's text in.
My bad! Must've been overtired when I put it down or something.
Dang, Especially as it was particularly volatile information.

Formal apology to Truean and Bohandas, whom I got in trouble.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:04:59 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88977 on: February 24, 2015, 01:12:07 am »

Heh, I have better internet then vector. c: Although a friend of mine has internets let him upload stuff 3 times faster then I can download stuffs, and that makes me sad I guess.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #88978 on: February 24, 2015, 01:57:34 am »

I just realized I want to do everything. As in there's lots of different things I want to be good at, and to achieve the level of "good" that I want to, it would require extensive work and focus on a specific thing to get good at it. Like drawing. Or playing guitar. Or writing music. Or programming a game. Or writing a novel or short story or worldbuilding for fantasy or something. Or playing all the cool video games. I can't focus on one specific thing without being unable to do all the other things I like. So I can't specialize in one thing. So I can't get good at everything I want to because it's physically impossible to focus on them all specifically all at the same time.

Bound for a life of jack of all trades and master of none, I guess. Seems like I'm bound for nothing but inner disappointment and unfulfillment.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88979 on: February 24, 2015, 02:02:39 am »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:49:12 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 5930 5931 [5932] 5933 5934 ... 8167