Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5928 5929 [5930] 5931 5932 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446572 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88935 on: February 23, 2015, 06:10:10 pm »

So far, a week and three days without my laptop. I may be going through withdrawal symptoms. I've been so bored I've actually done work.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #88936 on: February 23, 2015, 06:51:48 pm »

I've spent the last 2 days panicking if I see anyone, so I've been hiding in my bed under the covers.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88937 on: February 23, 2015, 07:13:02 pm »

Aaaah I remember those 'bright and motivated' types. And the effort they put into assignments. Always made me feel especially dim and unmotivated when I showed up with some shitty piece of cardboard with info I'd scrawled on at the last minute, next to their all-singing, all-dancing extravaganza. :P

Edit: Aw shit, I'm getting burned at the stake now? :< This is for that crack about my mother being a witch, isn't it?
At least you'll make good marshmallows. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88938 on: February 23, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

Aaaah I remember those 'bright and motivated' types. And the effort they put into assignments. Always made me feel especially dim and unmotivated when I showed up with some shitty piece of cardboard with info I'd scrawled on at the last minute, next to their all-singing, all-dancing extravaganza. :P
I know how you feel... it's kind of annoying, really. I hated going to the middle school awards ceremony, because you could accurately predict at least one of the recipients of every award by saying the same person's name over and over.

I used to consider myself one of them before I knocked my Wisdom score up a few notches.
This sounds very much like complaining that people who put more effort in were more successful...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88939 on: February 23, 2015, 07:45:14 pm »

The complaint is that they put effort in, not that they're successful.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #88940 on: February 23, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »

So I was like, I need a budget.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

;_;

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88941 on: February 23, 2015, 07:48:31 pm »

I put in a ridiculous amount of effort for my calculus class, more than is necessary, mainly to spite the jerk I used to crush on and hapoen to be in that class, by being superior to him in every way.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #88942 on: February 23, 2015, 07:49:33 pm »

This goddamn program can't even function with a negative balance.

I guess I'll just pretend someone just gave me 1k >.>

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88943 on: February 23, 2015, 08:53:45 pm »

My mom lost her job earlier today. She found out while I was gone at work, I'm still at work, I probably won't get to see her until tomorrow at the absolute earliest. I just want to be there to help out best I can but that's impossible.

Worse, she had the best-paying job in the family by a considerable margin and the best benefits. I could give my parents every cent of the roughly $30k take-home pay I made last year (before expenses) and it would barely cover half of what she was making.

I'm worried. I don't know what will happen.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88944 on: February 23, 2015, 09:06:12 pm »

My mom lost her job earlier today. She found out while I was gone at work, I'm still at work, I probably won't get to see her until tomorrow at the absolute earliest. I just want to be there to help out best I can but that's impossible.

Worse, she had the best-paying job in the family by a considerable margin and the best benefits. I could give my parents every cent of the roughly $30k take-home pay I made last year (before expenses) and it would barely cover half of what she was making.

(if it's personal, I understand completely if you don't want to answer)
What? How? Why? What did she do for a living?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88945 on: February 23, 2015, 09:09:55 pm »

Sorry, I'd rather not answer those questions. Thanks for understanding.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88946 on: February 23, 2015, 09:59:22 pm »

[redacted because we're not allowed to talk about things truean has said]
silencing any voice is wrong.
Even if that specific voice is wrong.

Right wing religiois weordoes should be allowed to speak their piece and then mockingly laughed at.

I know how you feel... it's kind of annoying, really. I hated going to the middle school awards ceremony, because you could accurately predict at least one of the recipients of every award by saying the same person's name over and over.

I used to consider myself one of them before I knocked my Wisdom score up a few notches.

Personally I hate ALL awards ceremonies. They're so goddamn boring.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:50:21 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #88947 on: February 23, 2015, 10:01:46 pm »

-snip-
Something something silencing any voice is wrong.
DUDE

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO BRING THIS UP
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88948 on: February 23, 2015, 10:10:12 pm »

-snip-
Something something silencing any voice is wrong.
DUDE

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO BRING THIS UP

like good way or bad way

because I don't know whether you mean people should or shouldn't be silenced

on a different note i'm frustrated that our church is giving a gift to a couple who had a child out of wedlock. It reeks of hypocrisy and picking-and-choosing what you want to out of the bible (i.e. we wouldn't do shit for a gay couple). The retort my brother gave was that a gay couple probably wouldn't be all that repentant about being gay (obviously), but a couple having a child out of wedlock would. But would they? Do they really even give a shit? What are we, as a church body, going to do if this couple never does get married, but we turn a blind eye to it because "hey boah least they're not gay kehheh"

tl;dr i don't like what my church is doing right now. At least my Dad agrees with me on this.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88949 on: February 23, 2015, 10:11:33 pm »

:(

I hope she's able to find another soon. That shit sucks. It sucks really bad.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5928 5929 [5930] 5931 5932 ... 8167