Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5855 5856 [5857] 5858 5859 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430034 times)

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87840 on: February 03, 2015, 11:20:36 pm »

My sadness comes from my D&D group coming to an end. Too bad v5 has come out, after years of 3.5 i think 5 might be worth it.
Now just to find a few more party members for a new group!?

A friend is moving town.
The fact I didnt put any tomatoes or chillis down this year, and just my luck its a super hot dry summer.
I kept running away from my girlfriend and that ended.
I told another mate that I dont want to be friends with him (because he is a dick)
Im very self destructive.
Im mostly sad that I keep on hearing about weak sucides. Dont kill yourself cause of a lack of social interactions. Only do it when youv broken into the pentagon and uploaded all the data, and then if you get caught just bite down on the cyanide pill
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #87841 on: February 04, 2015, 12:27:31 am »

But you don't need to do this just because they want you to.
Yeah, instead I could not go on the mission, be disowned by my entire family because they are all very religious (including my extended family.) and get my girlfriend mad at me. And she is definitely going on a mission at the same time I would be, so it might just destroy our relationship entirely.

And then what?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87842 on: February 04, 2015, 12:31:40 am »

They don't deserve to have you in their family if they'll treat you like that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87843 on: February 04, 2015, 12:38:56 am »

Yeah, instead I could not go on the mission, be disowned by my entire family because they are all very religious (including my extended family.) and get my girlfriend mad at me. And she is definitely going on a mission at the same time I would be, so it might just destroy our relationship entirely.

And then what?

Be honest to everybody. Say what is on your mind. You are holding it in brewing this. If you tell people what you want they will listen. And if both your girlfriend and family disown you because of who you are, then...

Be strong kia kaha.
Stand up to these people
If you let them rule your life of course you are going to think about suicide.
And remeber that you are in a very hormonal time and it gets easier
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87844 on: February 04, 2015, 12:49:42 am »

I can't sleep, and I can't get out of bed, either— seeing as it's midnight where I am and I would get scolded for being up at this hour. I'm just sitting in the dark thinking about life. To be painfully honest, there's not much to think about. 6-7 years of bullying, half a year of heartbreak, and whatever's left is either sitting in bed thinking about life, debating whether I should end it or not, and some random shit I can't name off the top of my head.

For the past hour, I've been fussing over what to type. I've primarily typed about if "anyone would notice and/or care if I was gone", but I doubt this thread needs yet another suicide contemplation.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87845 on: February 04, 2015, 12:51:53 am »

And then what?
Have you brought up with your family that you might not want to go on the mission, to gauge their reactions? I know that it's a requirement of the church, but it's possible they've been under the false assumption that you want to do it. And if you're afraid of their reprisals, I still recommend going to speak with one of the church officials about it, as mastahcheese suggested. There's no law stating that you must go.

If you don't care about spreading LDS, the mission will not make you happy. But if you stay, you might be able to work things out with your family and friends.

And then what?

Be honest to everybody. Say what is on your mind. You are holding it in brewing this. If you tell people what you want they will listen. And if both your girlfriend and family disown you because of who you are, then...

Be strong kia kaha.
Stand up to these people
If you let them rule your life of course you are going to think about suicide.
And remeber that you are in a very hormonal time and it gets easier
+1 to all of this
Your emotions will be a bit less tumultuous if you stick around just a bit longer. And, though you may love them and not want to create disharmony with them, these people have no right to dictate who you are or must be. And not conforming to their demands of who you should be does not invalidate your right to exist.
If they love you, you will be able to work things out.

I can't sleep, and I can't get out of bed, either— seeing as it's midnight where I am and I would get scolded for being up at this hour. I'm just sitting in the dark thinking about life. To be painfully honest, there's not much to think about. 6-7 years of bullying, half a year of heartbreak, and whatever's left is either sitting in bed thinking about life, debating whether I should end it or not, and some random shit I can't name off the top of my head.

For the past hour, I've been fussing over what to type. I've primarily typed about if "anyone would notice and/or care if I was gone", but I doubt this thread needs yet another suicide contemplation.
It's better to speak up about it and find that people do care than to remain silent, though. I only know a little about you but it's enough to know that the world is better for having you in it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87846 on: February 04, 2015, 01:03:44 am »

Just got news that a good buddy of mine I met in rehab and apparently my look alike died yesterday by OD. He helped me overcome my fear of people not only because I was scared of him, but he helped me get through it by showing me that even the toughest of bastards can have a big heart. Hard to believe that not even three months ago I was eating at the same table as him and talking to him to now reading his obituary.

Gods watch over you Sgt. Dane... You'll be missed

Worst part is I feel like I could've done something. I think the term is I feel guilty, but I think there's more to it then just guilt. Sadness for certain, hurt because I knew the guy, and I feel... Irresponsible? That may not be the best word for it, but it's the best I can describe it
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #87847 on: February 04, 2015, 01:31:40 am »

Gah, I still have this annoying, wheezing cough. Two weeks and still going on.

Still, it is enough to justify not being with people, but not enough to keep me down in bed, so I'm leaving for work soonish. I have lots of paperwork to do.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87848 on: February 04, 2015, 01:41:18 am »

Just got news that a good buddy of mine I met in rehab and apparently my look alike died yesterday by OD. He helped me overcome my fear of people not only because I was scared of him, but he helped me get through it by showing me that even the toughest of bastards can have a big heart. Hard to believe that not even three months ago I was eating at the same table as him and talking to him to now reading his obituary.

Gods watch over you Sgt. Dane... You'll be missed

Worst part is I feel like I could've done something. I think the term is I feel guilty, but I think there's more to it then just guilt. Sadness for certain, hurt because I knew the guy, and I feel... Irresponsible? That may not be the best word for it, but it's the best I can describe it
I could be led to believe that the word you're searching for is "remorseful". I don't know if identifying it will help at all, but maybe it's a start.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87849 on: February 04, 2015, 02:01:09 am »

*Offers hugs to Highmax*

Kaladin, you need to talk to your family and girlfriend about this, at least to get their opinion on it.
Just state the way you feel about it, the way you're unsure. There's really only two ways that can turn out:
1: They realize how it is that you feel, and try to be more understanding.
2: They try to be control freaks and force you to do something you don't want to do.

In one case, things can improve, and you'll find that your fears are unfounded.
On the other case, you're only confirming the fears you already have, and can get help from us.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #87850 on: February 04, 2015, 03:45:16 am »

I can't sleep, and I can't get out of bed, either— seeing as it's midnight where I am and I would get scolded for being up at this hour. I'm just sitting in the dark thinking about life.

Man, that's me all the time. Except I generally have a light on. But other than that that happens to me all the time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:36:03 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87851 on: February 04, 2015, 05:18:50 am »

I feel like getting unbelievably shithammered and doing stupid stuff, but it's only Wednesday. :(

I guess I could stay in and drink what I have here-I feel crummy enough that drinking alone doesn't seem like a bad idea- but I live with my annoying teetotaller brother at currently, and he'll be home at any moment, expecting me to interact with him.
I kinda wish I had friends. Maybe I'll just go for a walk.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #87852 on: February 04, 2015, 09:35:13 am »

Just got back from the dentist. Found a nerve is dying and it costs silly money to fix. Would be cheaper on the NHS, but NHS places are rare. Gives me a taste of what it's like in places without free healthcare. Luckily I can afford it despite my shitty job due to some savings.

Not sure if I'm more or less annoyed that it's not my fault. My long undiagnosed rinosinusitis has done some damage to all my teeth.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87853 on: February 04, 2015, 10:01:08 am »

For all we brag about our healthcare, I always find it a bit weird dentistry isn't covered at all. Thankfully I have insurance through work which covers 90% because teeth are stupid expensive.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #87854 on: February 04, 2015, 11:51:04 am »

Why has sinusitis messed up your teeth?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 5855 5856 [5857] 5858 5859 ... 8167