Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5852 5853 [5854] 5855 5856 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428247 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87795 on: February 03, 2015, 02:41:47 am »

I don't think he meant any harm. Let's just accept his apology and move on to helping Kal?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #87796 on: February 03, 2015, 02:45:30 am »

I think talking about suicide is healthy and most people think about it.
It's really a matter of context. I doubt that joking about the matter was the right thing to do in this case.

I wasn't entirely joking. If you're not resolved enough to set yourself on fire or antagonize a bear than you're not really sure and shouldn't be be trying to kill yourself
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87797 on: February 03, 2015, 03:15:43 am »

I think talking about suicide is healthy and most people think about it.
It's really a matter of context. I doubt that joking about the matter was the right thing to do in this case.

I wasn't entirely joking. If you're not resolved enough to set yourself on fire or antagonize a bear than you're not really sure and shouldn't be be trying to kill yourself

Yeah this sums it up.
If you are saying you contemplated it instead of just doing it means your going to be fine mate.
You just need some guidance and love.
And Im sure you do have people that love you Kal.
Im not telling you what to do just think about what you are doing long and hard. Cause a snap judgement could be it.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #87798 on: February 03, 2015, 03:43:38 am »

I'm so tired, and I don't want to hurt anymore.
It's been months, years, of hurting.

I can count my friends on one hand. 1, 2.
And in a year, we are never going to see each other again because high school is finished and we never meet outside of school. And it's not like we are that close anyways...
I always feel alone, even with other people, because I always seem to fade into the background and get ignored. I spent a week laying in my bedroom crying and no one even noticed I was gone.
I have trouble making new friends because I've been betrayed or abandoned by so many already. All of my current friends I met less than three years ago, because all the ones from before then are gone.

I'm not going to rush into anything, but...

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87799 on: February 03, 2015, 04:01:25 am »

I have four good mates and one that I see regulary the others are in other cities.
And  ive had the high school mates disapear act happen to me. It sucks yes, but I made better friends once I realised who I was becoming.
You are scared of the changes that are going to happen to you man, and Ive been there crying in my room being a depressed mess.

Now what do you think makes you be ignored?
Do you talk much?
Are you confident?
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #87800 on: February 03, 2015, 04:11:49 am »

I can't really say that I've been in your exact scenario, but I have been in a less severe version of it. No friends or people I talked with on a regular basis by the end of high school, no friends left over from elementary or anything - not by betrayal or anything like it was with you, we just drifted apart because of home issues making me reclusive as shit and unable to initiate communication with strangers - I'm still getting help with that, actually. I still occasionally get bouts of extreme ... sadness and apathy on occasion. Only reason I have anyone I talk with besides family on occasion is my job that my mom made me go out and apply for, upon which I got friendship foisted upon me by some outgoing people there. That was lucky on my part, but some advice I've gotten is to join up with groups of stuff you like to do - writing or drawing or programming or whatever. There's a bunch of them that got pointed out to me, but I dunno about where you live. Maybe check with your local colleges, since that's where I got in the club I'm in right now from. Talking with people who share your interests is a good conversation ... thingy.
Point is, even though I'm relatively sure your situation is at least 80% worse than mine is or was, it'll even out over time. Just look at Truean's recent post in the happy thread. Just ... keep trying. Please. For the sake of me, a random eldritch god on the internet if nothing else.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #87801 on: February 03, 2015, 04:20:03 am »

And in a year, we are never going to see each other again because high school is finished and we never meet outside of school. And it's not like we are that close anyways...
I always feel alone, even with other people, because I always seem to fade into the background and get ignored. I spent a week laying in my bedroom crying and no one even noticed I was gone.
I have trouble making new friends because I've been betrayed or abandoned by so many already. All of my current friends I met less than three years ago, because all the ones from before then are gone.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87802 on: February 03, 2015, 05:07:48 am »

Speaking as someone who has contemplated suicide before (though for a quite different set of reasons), I would recommend that you wait for a year or so, give time for your circumstances to change. After all, it is quite a major decision and by no means is success guaranteed. You can't just be willing to accept the consequences of dying, you also have to accept what will happen should you fail and cause irreparable damage to your body.

Look, I don't know you, and this sort of thing isn't really my strong point, but there are people here on these forums who know you and they very much do care perhaps even more so than the people you know in person. At least try and take their advice before doing anything drastic.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #87803 on: February 03, 2015, 05:58:00 am »

Almost in tears from the pain in my mouth and pacing the room like a caged animal. Much hype waiting for the painkillers to kick in. Got a dentists appointment in 24 hours.

Edit: Painkillers have kicked in. What a massive difference.

Cptn Kaladin: Have to agree with everyone who advise time as a cure for self destructive thoughts. Sounds like a few of us have found ourselves in not dissimilar boats. Over time I find I only think about it very rarely and those thoughts are a shadow of their former self (surprisingly they lessened before the problems that caused them). I guess I'm trying to say there is a happier you in the future which is worth holding out for.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #87804 on: February 03, 2015, 06:39:56 am »

I think it's pretty irresponsible to link someone with suicidal ideation to a site that gives ellaborate info on how to commit suicide.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #87805 on: February 03, 2015, 06:41:32 am »

I think it's pretty irresponsible to link someone with suicidal ideation to a site that gives ellaborate info on how to commit suicide.

I somehow doubt that people need instructions to figure it out.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87806 on: February 03, 2015, 06:44:13 am »

Most of the time suicidal ideation is a way of coping* - many people sometimes think about suicide. And getting those people to think about it in abstract ways as opposed to concrete ones certainly is beneficial, as is showing them what might go wrong with their method of choice.

*There's even a Nietzsche quote about that. Then again, there are Nietzsche quotes about most things.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87807 on: February 03, 2015, 07:03:47 am »

It feels like suicide would be the most sensible choice for me at this point, but (un?)fortunately I am far, far more stubborn than I am sensible, and doing such a thing would seem rather like admitting defeat.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87808 on: February 03, 2015, 07:52:18 am »

There is no situation imaginable where the world is better off with you gone, and in no way will you be better off gone either. Just remember that there are people out there who love you, no matter what. You may not know them yet, and they may not know you, but you will. Nothing is every without hope, and the potential for happiness in the future far out weighs the pain you're feeling now, though it can be hard to see or even imagine. If anything, look here. There's a bunch of people over the internet who care for you and love you. You're part of a community at the very least, as silly as we may be at times. And I know for me, most people I see here regularly I will remember.
All I ask is that you give yourself a chance, and give the world a chance. It's not all terrible out here, and there's a lot of beauty too. The ignorance, stupidity, and hate you see is a few loud people, not the majority.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #87809 on: February 03, 2015, 08:01:39 am »

Friends are important.
...This reminds me of how I was before now. Full set of details similar here. :-\

Isn't there anyway to talk to other people and make friends with them? Drop the mistrust? Approach them? Talk to them directly?
Because timferius got the point there.

Suicide comes when the person believes there is no alternative option; keeping on trying instead of giving up and absolving yourself to failure (or the lack of hope/finding friends/trusting in others) nudge towards said destructive thoughts.

All I ask is that you give yourself a chance, and give the world a chance. It's not all terrible out here, and there's a lot of beauty too. The ignorance, stupidity, and hate you see is a few loud people, not the majority.
And primarily this.
Count how many people here nudge you towards a more positive idea--even the tiny bits.
Pages: 1 ... 5852 5853 [5854] 5855 5856 ... 8167