Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5850 5851 [5852] 5853 5854 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424352 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87765 on: February 02, 2015, 09:39:53 pm »

Monty Oum has passed away.
Wow, 33, from an allergic reaction. Sounds so sudden and unexpected, that's tragic.

Especially a shock that someone from Roosterteeth died. Feels weird, being reminded that even the famous and awesome people like the Roosterteeth team are mortal and eventually gonna die. It's a bummer.

I remember listening to the podcast where he talked about how his keyboard was inefficient, so he took a flathead screwdriver and broke off the parts he didn't want, then taped it over with electrical tape. IIRC he was also the only one in the office who refused to use a Mac, if only because he was so used to how the keyboard shortcuts in Windows worked.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #87766 on: February 02, 2015, 09:49:25 pm »

Well, I left home to visit the library...

And I'm legitimately considering suicide. :-\
I figure I should tell someone, and since I don't have anyone to talk to who I know personally, I figured I would post about it here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87767 on: February 02, 2015, 09:58:57 pm »

What is it that suicide would accomplish?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87768 on: February 02, 2015, 10:01:23 pm »

Kaladin, maybe visit here?

Its a helpful website for both sides of the coin. Because the only thing worse than committing suicide is trying and ending up alive but crippled - and the odds are against you. I don't what problems you face, and i'm certainly no psychologist, so this is the best I can do to help.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87769 on: February 02, 2015, 10:03:33 pm »

Try waiting a year first. See if things get better and get some therapy or something in that time.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #87770 on: February 02, 2015, 10:32:10 pm »

Kaladin, maybe visit here?
Oh hey, I linked to that last time someone posted something about suicide. Small internet. Yeah, that's a good site.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87771 on: February 02, 2015, 11:10:23 pm »

Kal, remember that no matter what, you still matter. Talk to a someone you can trust about your feelings. Get good counseling about your problems; therapists have had experience helping people through tough situations and know what to do.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87772 on: February 02, 2015, 11:38:29 pm »

And please, please sleep on it. There are also always hotlines to call, and pm boxes are open.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #87773 on: February 03, 2015, 12:03:16 am »

Suicide doesn't take away the sadness. It only transfers it, and then some, to those who love you (and despite what some say, there are always people who love you). Some say it is the most selfish thing one can do.

Still, I don't mean to judge you, Kal. Reading your post honestly made me weep; you're such an inspiring personality, I'd hate to see you go. Really, do check out those help sources, and not just for me. Do it everyone, including yourself. Never forget how unique you are, how you deserve just as much from life as anybody else. Stay strong, and don't waste your one chance to scream "I am here!" to the universe.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87774 on: February 03, 2015, 12:17:08 am »

Rest in peace, Monty Oum.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #87775 on: February 03, 2015, 12:31:58 am »

Its a helpful website for both sides of the coin. Because the only thing worse than committing suicide is trying and ending up alive but crippled - and the odds are against you. I don't what problems you face, and i'm certainly no psychologist, so this is the best I can do to help.

All the methods listed on that site are really lame. If you're gonna go out, go out in a blaze of glory. Set yourself on fire and rob a bank; Drive a sports car into the Grand Canyon like Thelma & Louise; snort a line of anthrax; smear yourself with honey-flavored steak-sauce and go camping in an area with a lot of bears. Do something interesting.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #87776 on: February 03, 2015, 12:48:03 am »

I'm starting to suspect that there really is no gay males my age in Nelson.

And Tinder won't let me find older people.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87777 on: February 03, 2015, 12:51:01 am »

The issue might be the low population.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #87778 on: February 03, 2015, 01:12:57 am »

All the methods listed on that site are really lame. If you're gonna go out, go out in a blaze of glory. Set yourself on fire and rob a bank; Drive a sports car into the Grand Canyon like Thelma & Louise; snort a line of anthrax; smear yourself with honey-flavored steak-sauce and go camping in an area with a lot of bears. Do something interesting.
Honestly the most easy and dramatic one I can think of would be to get an extremely long piece of rope, bring it to the top of a skyscraper, tie one end in a noose around your neck, tie the other end to a support, and have the force of the rope stopping 2/3 of the way down the skyscraper rip your head off.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87779 on: February 03, 2015, 01:17:12 am »

Making a pipe bomb and blowing up a petrol station would be fairly attention-gathering. Other options include Mr. Beaning your way into the side of a train, or strapping a bunch of rockets to a chair and launching yourself into the skies.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5850 5851 [5852] 5853 5854 ... 8167