Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5798 5799 [5800] 5801 5802 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439378 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86985 on: January 16, 2015, 06:32:33 am »

That... doesn't make any sense. I don't know. I don't travel much.
It does - Mama Murrica wants its taxes, yo.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86986 on: January 16, 2015, 07:39:56 am »

Another one of those days where I'm feeling down and lonely and there's nobody to talk to, busy, sick or just not here.

So I think I'm just gonna sit here for a while and feel like shit while letting all the nasty thoughts rampage trough my head. Hopefully it passes by tonight, I have shit I need to be doing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #86987 on: January 16, 2015, 09:00:55 am »

[...]
I am exhausted. I don't care anymore. I showed the world god damn brilliance and it shit all over me while demanding I continue showing brilliance and for no compensation while paying it through the nose.... [...]
Um, Tru? :O Just to poke there but...the world isn't all the jerks where you are. You've fighting corruption and greed--pretty much things which entangle themselves with people who lack the will to get rid of them, so its like fighting a bunch of evil nettles.

In your fatigue, don't forget that we look up to ya. You are tired? Draw strength from the fact that your actions matter--if not there, then to those who can see it matter! Their complaints...have no merit--though as said to be meritorious only in their contexts. It's a sad thing in the economic and administrative hierarchy where immature attitudes are hidden by complaints and a facade of cheesy words, but they're easily broken (though I'm unsure how long the system works there). Either way: they won't be a permanent thing if attitudes like yours prevails. Is the true merit of your being held in those who snark you up and denounce you as you are? It seems to be something carried only in name of rank alone--and not with the value and upstanding actions carried by that rank.

You're an awesome person--but you're tiring of this. The rant notes the wrongs in the areas where success is appended to, but don't let it become how you see those areas as a whole! The devil is in the subtle details, with what how you can see the people giving you hell have, with their attitudes... :-\ Though in that scenario--personal analysis could also work in your improvement. Branch out with how you communicate, and try alternative forms of approaching a notion, given the responder/receivers' mood--as mood affects reasoning, and not always does one solution fit all cases.

Whatever happens, *hugs* to you. Your work inspires many people, or in the least it inspires me (and I doubt it doesn't do that to many more here anyway)....A random thought crossed my mind and...didn't you mention you were good at creative writing? Is it possible to use literature there, as an aside? (I'm going along a tangent in remembering the past where creative writing made added opportunities to help the writer in beneficial ways which didn't hurt anyone else..but mmph >_>)

Anyway...*hugs*. To all lately. :-\

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86988 on: January 16, 2015, 11:26:55 am »

American border control always was comically absurd. They quiz you on the way in as to why they should believe you won't stay, and they quiz you on the way out for why you're leaving.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86989 on: January 16, 2015, 11:28:37 am »

So turns out if you panic-quit gnomoria whilst it's autosaving, it abruptly corrupts and deletes the save.
Back to square one, it seems.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86990 on: January 16, 2015, 11:37:08 am »

You need to apply for a visa to return to your homeland?
He relinquished US citizenship and moved to an island (low taxes). That island is now legally considered his homeland but without property or resident family there he has no "compelling reason" to return to that homeland.
The assumption is that he'd pretty much use his new visa to live as a non-citizen in the US indefinitely. Supreme Tax Dodge.

I am intensely curious about this. Why renounce citizenship? Did you become a citizen of some other place? Is that island a sovereign nation, or is it a leftover colonial possession, or what?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86991 on: January 16, 2015, 11:39:26 am »

Tax dodge.

Urgh, copying this without quoting it feels like plagiarism.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #86992 on: January 16, 2015, 01:07:14 pm »

Thank you Tiruin, it helps in some small way.

[sarcasm]
As for the recent swarm of rich tax dodging assholes whose proper purposes are fast being narrowed down to becoming enemies of the state fit only to and rightfully forced to apologize for catching government taxpayer bullets in their tainted flesh and being forcibly made to reimburse the cost of salt we justifiably should be pouring in their wounds. This is why they do this:

1.) As a U.S. Citizen, you are mandated by law to pay U.S. taxes on worldwide earnings. It has always been this way.
2.) If you listen to stupid hyper anarchy spewing super capitalist nut jobs and determine that you are superman and dare object to the 100% true statement, "You didn't build that."
3.) If you are a traitorous little shit and denounce/renounce your U.S. citizenship while ironically trying to appear patriotic, you no longer have to pay taxes. Worthless little treasonous bastards love this.

Yes, people like him, who literally think their wealth makes them above even the laws of homicide and legally able to kill people without being properly punished should be forcibly abducted, stripped of all possessions even clothing, and dropped into the rocky mountains with nothing but a golden dollar sign, and made to try and survive for the amusement of the society they claim didn't help them/that they helped in a lovely mockery of that horseshit idea called "gault's glutch." Let's make a reality TV show and put this into law. I'd watch. If you or I killed even ONE person, we'd be in the state Penitentiary, but this guy gets off from killing FOUR people with the slap on the wrist expressly because he is rich...? No, dude, he is actually saying in open court that he shouldn't have to go to jail for killing four people, because he is rich. ??? So, does that mean that you can pretty much get away with killing people if you are rich, but if the exact same case happened and the person who was arrested was poor, then they'd be thrown in prison? ??? How? How is this ok? How is it even remotely less of a problem that four people are dead because of him solely because he is rich?

Support your country, pay the taxes you OWE, try to make things better for everybody, or get out and don't come back, and don't even consider trying to pass off "patriotism" for a country you have literally renounced. Complaints from the whiny rich people traitors to America who have the audacity to be in my presence? Here you go. Would you like the government you refuse to fund,  have renounced, called lazy/stupid, dodged lawfully owed taxes from, and basically told to go to hell while pretending to support it to do something about this? Good luck with that.

Let me get this straight. You "love America," but are telling it to fuck off and literally renouncing your American Citizenship? ??? The stupid has reached black hole critical mass.
[sarcasm]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 01:19:59 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #86993 on: January 16, 2015, 01:25:12 pm »

The children's museum I use to volunteer (and would go to as a kid) at had a pipe burst and flood it and is asking for donations, but I have no income to spare a meaningful amount. So now I feel all guilty.
It's FEF, not FEOF

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86994 on: January 16, 2015, 01:33:26 pm »

The children's museum I use to volunteer (and would go to as a kid) at had a pipe burst and flood it and is asking for donations, but I have no income to spare a meaningful amount. So now I feel all guilty.
Call them up and ask them if you can volunteer to lend a hand with the clean up or anything?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #86995 on: January 16, 2015, 01:54:07 pm »

Even being emotionally supportive towards the workers/employes who are there is helpful and if nothing else, brief moral support telling them exatly what you told us wcould be good. Non intrusive, rememberable support is nice.

"I heard about the pipe breaking. It's a damn shame and I'd help if I could but I can't. I don't take up your time but please know we appreciate what you do. Thanks.'
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #86996 on: January 16, 2015, 02:31:52 pm »

I do not seem to be reacting well to my inevitable return to college in the next 3 days.

I stayed up until 4 in the morning procrastinating on going to sleep, and then despite being utterly exhausted I kept myself lying awake in bed for an hour or more thinking about my future and how I have no idea what I'll be doing for a job, or why I'm really going to college, or why I don't try harder to do good at the things I think I want to be good at, or where I'll be living after college, or that I have no friends and no one to really rely on after college except my parents, or that I'm an unproductive failure who contributes nothing to society and the only reliable option is to take the easy way out and off myself rather than continue to try to do anything and fail at it, and blah blah blah.

TL:DR; existential crisis. Again. I feel like life would be easier if I didn't think so much.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #86997 on: January 16, 2015, 04:05:45 pm »

sick as a dog. I spend the nights wheezing.

Luckily I managed to set up things so that I dont have to work on Sunday...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #86998 on: January 16, 2015, 04:46:16 pm »

My mom has decided to start teasing me about my depression and anxiety, and she is "pressuring" me to get 100% on my biology final.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #86999 on: January 16, 2015, 04:55:17 pm »

My mom has decided to start teasing me about my depression and anxiety, and she is "pressuring" me to get 100% on my biology final.
She's teasing you. Because you have depression and anxiety.
* BlitzDungeoneer facepalms and sighs.
And she's 'pressuring'(I'm assuming this actually means 'threatening into') you to get 100%. Of course she is.
It's times like these that I realise how great my mom actually is.
Anyway
* Blitz hugs Kaladin.
You really shouldn't have to deal with this sort of bullshit, Kaladin. The fact that you have to anyway, well...
It makes me both sad and angry.
Does your mom think she's the greatest parent ever, anyway?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 5798 5799 [5800] 5801 5802 ... 8167