Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5797 5798 [5799] 5800 5801 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439125 times)

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86970 on: January 15, 2015, 11:57:41 am »

Beer: over reliance on it will burn your life to the ground. However, with more beer you can recover your life from the ashes - only to burn it to the ground again due to reliance on beer.
In other words, beer turns you into a phoenix.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86971 on: January 15, 2015, 12:08:00 pm »

Unlike Vodka which just puts you down and sits on your head.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86972 on: January 15, 2015, 12:12:14 pm »

Rum may feed you broken glass, but at least it does it with love.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #86973 on: January 15, 2015, 03:15:53 pm »

I've been deeply depressed for a little while now, and being sick isn't helping it.  :'(

Believe it or not, I was just thinking "Where'd smee get to," so had a looksee to check.

Hence, whilst I missed this earlier, I saw it today.

So, get better soon! If you're feeling particularly down, I'm open to PMs, though what help that would do anyone goodness only knows :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86974 on: January 15, 2015, 08:31:04 pm »

I'm in massive trouble at work, I might be getting fired.
The issue is that I'm still unsure that I did anything wrong.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #86975 on: January 15, 2015, 08:41:30 pm »

What are you in trouble for?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #86976 on: January 15, 2015, 09:00:43 pm »

[Twitch]

I believe my finances have been screwed up as a result of someone else's mistake at the finance company not doing their damn job. I am an incredibly responsible person. I have proof I submitted documents. It is now being said I did not, or that somehow BS requests for other documents were made and ignored by me.... Really? I never got those. Lovely, just another piece of stress I don't need. God damn it why is EVERYBODY around me fucking up left and right, blaming me, and I'm paying for it? I can try to prove what they did, but that will be a massive paper chase and take forever. I'm sure the fine art of screwing people will be applied to me as well. How wonderful. Somebody is trying to tell me.... ME ... that I am somehow an irresponsible idiot who can't do basic paperwork right? Somehow I get the sinking suspicion it's the stupid over entitled old boomer whose job I could do with one hand tied behind my back and giving me snark because he knows I'm younger than he is and I look rather young as well and sound it even over the phone.... [Twitch] I am told I am either not qualified enough or overqualified for this type of job too.... [twitch]

[tries to calm down] I don't even wanna get into details. I just am upset at everybody else being able to screw up at will, but if I ever so much as think of screwing up, O the wraith of God cometh down upon me.... I've had so many frivolous complaints against me, all of which have been dismissed, though it took over a year for some of them to be thrown out.

I am exhausted. I don't care anymore. I showed the world god damn brilliance and it shit all over me while demanding I continue showing brilliance and for no compensation while paying it through the nose....

[rant]
Do not go to law school, ever. Do not go to college and instead become an electrician or plumber, in a skilled trade people can't/won't do and have no choice but to have done.

I flat out just walked out of one of my remaining business client's premises because they are so god damn stupid it hurts and I've seen this before. I don't care what you want you idiot or that it will cost your company money.... It's a regulatory and tax issue. Shut up; pay up; screw you very much. I just left, because I've seen the moron in charge of other places fuck this up before and drive the company into ch11 bankruptcy and in one case, have the IRS all over him. I just can't handle being a part of that anymore with some jackass whose father put him there and thinks he knows anything. I'm sending a letter quitting and explaining exactly what will happen if they don't do EXACTLY as I say in exquisite detail with references to people at the IRS who will be charging them for tax evasion. I'm sending it registered mail so they will have to sign for it, because I've had them say "well we were never told X..."

I'm just getting it from all angles. Nobody's word means shit. Nobody has a brain in their head capable of doing anything but demanding to pay less or nothing at all and proclaim themselves right. Part of me just thinks they can fling themselves off a cliff for all I care, because the IRS could give a flying shit less what they want. They act as though they're ordering at Burger King and selecting from a menu. NO... That's not how the IRS works.... You will comply. Your cooperation while appreciated is not strictly speaking necessary. Should you fail to voluntarily comply, the IRS will bring suit against your stupid company....

This seems to be the attitude. What the hell is this? The next person who tries to convince me I am not worth money will be screamed at repeatedly (note, being unable to pay and politely asking, is far different from being able but unwilling to pay and demanding free work be done....[rant]

I need to exercise some of this out by going for a walk or something and though I rarely say this, it's cold enough where I don't wanna go do that. I think it's in the negatives before windchill. Even this ordinarily wouldn't stop me, but meh.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:13:33 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86977 on: January 15, 2015, 09:57:25 pm »

My brother's birthday was the 11th, and my mother's the 21st.
  She's had a pretty rough first Christmas without him.

I'm going up down to see her, but meh.  Its not going to be easy.  The worst part is I have very mixed feelings about his suicide.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86978 on: January 15, 2015, 09:57:38 pm »

Truean, the work you do is worth more than anybody could possibly pay you. But that doesn't excuse them from even bothering to try, the colossal fuckwads.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #86979 on: January 16, 2015, 12:55:18 am »

Thank you. For whatever reason, that means a lot to me.

I am totally burnt the hell out.

I still have some mild by some comparisons, but persistent headaches. I can't take it really. I'm so sick of the idea that I have to explain EVERYTHING to people who are actively hostile to every single syllable out of my mouth and who look at me like I'm a fucking moron with a god damn alien growing out of my forehead. All this because in essence they don't like what I have to say. I keep mentioning crazy ideas like, "pay your taxes," "Don't break the law," "Quit spitting on the police officers," "The fact that you are screaming and upset does not make you right," "I require the level of payment I earned, not the BS you believe I do/don't, and in the absence of that payment I will be unable to pay my own bills and thus will not want to help you." I have no motivation, because I keep hearing the constant bitching in my ear about the never ending complaining. Adults these days are oversized, far less cute versions of a tantrum 2 year old at best. They say children are basically like little drunk people; I say drunk people are basically over sized children.

I just closed my eyes and typed out a rant again, and then deleted it several times. I am upset and perhaps not good company; I am unsure. I am very upset, because a man with far more dollars than braincells is threatening CPA (certified public accountants), his staff, and everybody around him with ruin if they don't do things his way. His way is illegal, perhaps unethical (like they'd do bad things based upon that alone), an possibly something you could get sued for doing. The old phrase was "any job as long as it is moral, legal, and ethical." This is none of the above. I'm not a CPA but I know what GAAP (generally accepted accounting practices) are and it doesn't matter if you work for a screaming/yelling rich man who is very upset at you, you must keep the books in GAAP. Not doing so is cooking the books and not good....

I don't know. [sigh]

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86980 on: January 16, 2015, 12:59:24 am »

Good luck, Pisskop.
I'm not really sure what else to say, other than I hope your visit cheers her up.

My sad: I've slept on-and-off through most of the day (after getting almost no sleep in the hours I would normally be sleeping) and in that time I had at least two long, probably interesting dreams. And then promptly sweated out all memory of them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86981 on: January 16, 2015, 01:54:41 am »

Hilarious that people applying for visas need to have 'compelling reasons to return to your homeland'.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86982 on: January 16, 2015, 04:02:37 am »

You need to apply for a visa to return to your homeland?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86983 on: January 16, 2015, 04:11:33 am »

You need to apply for a visa to return to your homeland?
He relinquished US citizenship and moved to an island (low taxes). That island is now legally considered his homeland but without property or resident family there he has no "compelling reason" to return to that homeland.
The assumption is that he'd pretty much use his new visa to live as a non-citizen in the US indefinitely. Supreme Tax Dodge.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86984 on: January 16, 2015, 05:09:24 am »

That... doesn't make any sense. I don't know. I don't travel much.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5797 5798 [5799] 5800 5801 ... 8167